LOGAN CHEERLEADERS AND STUDENT SECTIONS

General Chat
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

LOGAN CHEERLEADERS AND STUDENT SECTIONS

Post by 1987chieftains »

THIS HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FOR A FEW YEARS NOW. BUT, AFTER FRIDAY NIGHTS PLAYOFF GAME AT ZANESVILLE I WAS COMPLETELY DISCUSSED WITH OUR CHEERLEADERS AND STUDENT SECTION !!!!!!!!!!

WE WHERE IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR IN THE COLD RAIN. PLAYING A TEAM THAT WAS BILLED TO BLOW OUR DOORS OFF. WHEN IN REALITY WE WHERE JUST AS GOOD AS THEY WHERE. ONLY DOWN 7PTS OUR BOYS PLAYING THERE HEARTS OUT!! AND THE CHEERLEADERS AND STUDENT SECTION MIGHT AS WELL HAVE JUST STAYED HOME!! :roll: :roll: US PARENTS AND FANS WHERE IN THE COLD RAIN JUST AS THEY WHERE AND WE HAD TO START CHEERS. THE CHEERLEADER AND STUDENT NEVER RESPONED. THEY JUST CONTINUED TO SOCIALIZE LIKE THEY WHERE AT A HOUSE PARTY! f#$&ING UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

BACK IN THE DAY (THE 80'S) WE WOULD THROW TP, BEACHBALLS CLOTHS....ETC.... WHEN THE VISTING BAND (NOT TO DIS ANYONE) BUT, WE WOULD HOLD NEWPAPERS UP OF STAND UP AND TURN OUR BACK. WHEN THE OTHER TEAM TOOK THE FIELD WE BOO'ED THEM AND SO ON. WHEN OUR TEAM TAKE THE FIELD WE WENT BOLISTIC!! NOW..... ITS.... JUST.... I DON'T KNOW..... WE ARE LOGAN!!!!!! WE NEED TO BE MORE ROWDY!! LEGELY OF COURSE BUT, STILL ITS SAD TO SEE A STUDENT BODY AS LIFELESS AS LOGANS.

I KNOW ITS NOT JUST ME. HALF THE PARENTS WHERE JUST AS DISCUSSED AS MY WIFE AND I WHERE. EVERYBODY WAS YELLING AT THE CHERRLEADERS AND STUDENTS TO CHANT WITH US. BUT, NOTHING THEY JUST TURNED AROUND LIKE WE WHERE JUST A OF OLD FOGGIES. I'M SORRY BUT, WE HAVE THE SADDEST STUDENTS AND CHEERLEADERS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM AT THERE SCHOOL??

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: LOGAN CHEERLEADERS AND STUDENT SECTIONS

Post by GAHS7462 »

Probably to busy talking on their cell phones to care about the game.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

you got that right. talking someone that 5 rows down from them.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Logan student section has been in steady decline for a few years now. Ever since they got kicked out of that basketball game vs. Marietta (not 100% sure on that one) over the 2004-05 season. The students went into the M.S. cafe and cheered loud in there and some older folks came over into the student section area and went nuts, with chants of "WARM UP THE BUSES!" and the ringing of keys. Those were better times.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i have noticed over the years a declining # of kids at the games. its sad!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Its getting to be like that every where.
I know at a lot of schools they have put so many rules into place as far as what kids can and can't do, I guess they would rather not come at all. I think the student section is a very important part of high school sporting events.

On top of that Johnny doesn't want to put his Xbox down to get out of the house for a few hours any more!!!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: amen! there have been a lot of rules put into place but, then again rules where made to be broken. :lol: we where not allowed to bring tp and beach balls but we did. :122245

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

^^^^^^^^
We always had a rowdy student section when I was in school.
Along with the band it made the games more exciting!!!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Blame the administration. When Principals go over and stand right beside the students and make sure the don't do anything a little out of line why would the students even want to come. Let kids be kids. You can stand from a distance and see who did something that warrants removal and needs to be stopped.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

You can actually see better from a distance than right next to the student section. I always think that is funny because it shows that a prescence is more important than actually catching someone in the act and is all to satisfy the complainers. I know at GAHS the reason for low attendance is not only an attitude with the kids but also adults. I have even heard parents of players say how much they dread coming to see the predictable and inevitable. And no I am not talking about wins and losses.

Return to “The Off season”