Can you be a cheerleader in college

General Chat
kamala
Waterboy

Can you be a cheerleader in college

Post by kamala »

Can you be a cheerleader in college without any previous experience? I've never been on a team, and my school doesn't have cheerleading since we're all girls. I've always wanted to be a cheerleader though. Is it possible to be on a squad in college?
Last edited by kamala on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

sballfan2010
Freshman Team

Re: Can you be a cheerleader in college

Post by sballfan2010 »

kamala wrote:Can you be a cheerleader in college without any previous experience? I've never been on a team, and my school doesn't have cheerleading since we're all girls. I've always wanted to be a cheerleader though. Is it possible to be on a squad in college?
The only thing I could tell you is it would be hard to tryout for a college squad without any experience. A lot of the girls who try out have been cheering for years. If your school doesn't have a squad have you tried joining or trying out for an all-star squad. My daughter cheers for both her high school and an all-star team if you'd like more information on her all-star squad pm me. She's got great all-star coaches and no experience is needed, they'll find you a squad that fits your abilities, I know there are still openings on some of the squads at the gym she attends.

Return to “The Off season”