tribute To A Music Teacher...

General Chat
robycop3
All State

tribute To A Music Teacher...

Post by robycop3 »

Mrs. Trilby Lynch of Huntington, WV. passed away May 13 at age 89. She taught music & music appreciation for some 33 years at Vinson HS & the Westmoreland elementary schools. She was the red-haired lady who carried the record player from school to school & room to room.

I appreciated her great patience with folx like me, who have all the enormous musical talent of a turtle, teaching us 'music appreciation' and forming a chorale from such students that didn't hurt the ears when it performed.

Mrs. Lynch was a VERY-talented musician, with a big, powerful voice that would remind one of an old singer, Georgia Gibbs, who had a huge hit, Kiss Of Fire, when I was a little boy. She was also a skilled piano & guitar player and teacher. She sang professionally with several big bands in NYC and coulda made a lucrative living as a performer and private teacher, but she chose to devote herself professionally to teaching music in public schools, and I cannot pay her enough compliments for that choice!

She also raised four fine children, had eight grand-children, and one great-grandchild.

With God forever, but never forgotten by anyone whose life she touched...

Return to “The Off season”