OVC Outlook 2016-17

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: OVC 2016-2017

Post by 4thgoal »

I heard that Ironton has a transfer that could help them, if he is going to be eligible.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth should be bolstered quite a bit with the addition of Gabe Gambill and Collin Boehm, two 6-5, 250 lb. kids who will give the Trojans a much needed post presence. Gambill is a junior, while Boehm is a sophomore and a football standout.

them's some big ole youngsters dave. wonder what stunted their growth.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Fairland looked the best in. Previews tonight
Rockhill looked like they improved a lot from last year
Peake look quick but no height
Ironton was physical
Coal grove with the transfers to sv really hurt them

No one really showed much , but fairland will go undefeated again in the ovc , they have it all

You can't handle the truth
Noitall
JV Team

Re: OVC Outlook 2016-17

Post by Noitall »

Ironton was physical?
They won first period by a point or 2 because ptown couldn't throw it in the sea ,then let portsmout go on a 18 to 0 run to End the game .

Fairland will,not have a close game in the OVC.the rest is playing for second place and second place will be their night light this year,no one else is going No where

DMUP
Riding the Bench

Post by DMUP »

Noitall wrote:Ironton was physical?
They won first period by a point or 2 because ptown couldn't throw it in the sea ,then let portsmout go on a 18 to 0 run to End the game .

Fairland will,not have a close game in the OVC.the rest is playing for second place and second place will be their night light this year,no one else is going No where
Not to speak for game time. But I think he said Ironton was Physical meaning defensively and that could have contributed to Trojans shooting woes. 3-5 of the starters went to bench with a 8-9 pt lead( I think) in the last quarter while Portsmouth made their 18-0 run. That being said I'm pretty sure neither team was attempting to make a statement win. Portsmouth will be hard to handle if their hitting the 3s and the bigs contribute like I think they will. Portsmouth /Ironton Should be a fun game to watch this season.
Fairland does look strong. 10 deep and scorers are everywhere.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

South Point starts the season out 2-0 with wins over Ashland KY 64-61 and Circleville 72-61.....

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

does ironton have a 6'7'' transfer??

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Currently, there is no player on their roster that size.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

isn't the kid from Burg/ valley who transferred to Ironton about that size?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

mrwonderful wrote:isn't the kid from Burg/ valley who transferred to Ironton about that size?
Yes, but he's ineligible. And from what I hear, isn't even on the team anymore.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Oh ok....

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

DMUP wrote:
Noitall wrote:Ironton was physical?

Not to speak for game time. But I think he said Ironton was Physical meaning defensively and that could have contributed to Trojans shooting woes. 3-5 of the starters went to bench with a 8-9 pt lead( I think) in the last quarter while Portsmouth made their 18-0 run. That being said I'm pretty sure neither team was attempting to make a statement win. Portsmouth will be hard to handle if their hitting the 3s and the bigs contribute like I think they will. Portsmouth /Ironton Should be a fun game to watch this season.
Fairland does look strong. 10 deep and scorers are everywhere.
Actually it was. 13 to 11 after one qtr but I agree neither team was looking to prove a point in a 2 qtr preveiw

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

:P
bbjunky81 wrote:
mrwonderful wrote:isn't the kid from Burg/ valley who transferred to Ironton about that size?
Yes, but he's ineligible. And from what I hear, isn't even on the team anymore.

Correct.not on team and won't be.

Return to “Boys Basketball”