Eastern Pike vs. Eastern Meigs 3/2 @ Wellston

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Eastern Pike vs. Eastern Meigs 3/2 @ Wellston

Post by J-Bird »

Should be a good matchup between these two teams. Don't know a whole lot about E.Meigs. Not sure where they finished in their conference, but I did see they played the second place team southern down to the wire in their last matchup and only lost by one. E.Pike has been playing inconsistent lately. They started out the year 2-4. Went on a nice run winning 6 in a row. They finish up up the season somewhat inconsistent, but still ended up with a solid 12-8 record. All of their losses but two were close games and games they could have and some should have won. They have a tough team and have the capability to beat a team with guard play or post play. Seen both of these teams play in a scrimmage at Wellston earlier in the year. I believe Eastern won all three matchups they had with them in the scrimmage. That was a long time ago though, and I'm sure both teams have improved since then. If I remember correctly, I don't believe E.Meigs had a lot of height, but all of the players hustled and worked hard to make up for their lack of size. I will say this though, I am willing to bet a $100 that the Eastern Eagles win. Do I have any takers?? :122245

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Eastern Meigs 3/2 @ Wellston

Post by Pringles105 »

Eastern Pike by 15 if the boys play like they should then it will be easy for them.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Pike by 5...

I love kid green's posts :lol: :lol:

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I'll take the Eastern by 10. Coach Fitch will get his boys fired up and hungry to get to the Convo.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I will go with the Eagles in this one! :aaaaa93

THE BROWN ONES

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Meigs County is the only place I have ever heard of that has Green Eagles...I think whoever thought of there colors and mascot were on the well known Meigs County Gold :lol: :lol:

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

don't know about that but meigs' most famous athlete wore green and played for the eagles( the philly kind) so there is some hope there. really we know something certain about this game.... eastern will win and the eagles will win now just which? seriously go eastern of meigs from the guys down south-west way.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I've never heard of the green eagles or the home grown referred to as Meigs County gold, but I have heard of the the famous Eagle that fasteach refers to. ;-)

Does Beaver Eastern call their team the brown eagles :?:

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Lighten up...was just having some fun...People usually refer to our team as something else beause of our colors...I'll let you figure it out...Anyway hope to see a good ballgame Monday,of course hoping that the Brown team comes out on top.It will definitely be tough as Howie is always tough to beat in tourney play.From what I hear both teams are evenly matched and are both very scrappy teams...Should be a good one to watch.Go Eagles!!(Pike)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Lighten up :?: I don't feel I need to lighten up and I was just having some fun also, and there's certainly no need to get your panties in a bunch :!: ;-)

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

just enjoy the game and have some fun as someone who has endured a hard, hateful year. this is christmas for a team to enjoy. howie is a great big game coach. wish he would relocate about 10 miles down the road know the type of man his is, he won't. 2 bad
bass master, you have supported me so have some back. go eastern guess which :lol:

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Reedsville Eagles win this one. :mrgreen:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

wish he would relocate about 10 miles down the road know the type of man his is, he won't. 2 bad

Howie and Carl go back quite a few years. Anything is possible but I would say that if they hooked up they would go back to Racine and snag that almost state title :!: :lol:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Does Beaver Eastern call their team the brown eagles :?:[Bassmaster/quote]
Well their unis are brown anyway.
Most eagles are some shade of black or brown, unless you live in Eastern Meigs County, Ohio, or Philly Pa.

I guess I could say I rootin fer the ones coached by P.J. outta Pike County :!:

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

VIKED_MAN wrote:Does Beaver Eastern call their team the brown eagles :?:[Bassmaster/quote]
Most eagles are some shade of black or brown, unless you live in Eastern Meigs County, Ohio, or Philly Pa.

Good to see some support from Viking country!! Good luck to you as well against Gallia....Combs is one hell of a coach!

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

I will take Eastern(Meigs) with a 1 point win.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

VIKED_MAN wrote:Does Beaver Eastern call their team the brown eagles :?:[Bassmaster/quote]

\
Thank you! Coach Fitch is also a great coach. He is even a better person. I believe he has his eagles (The brown ones) going in the right direction. I do not think anyone expected them to be where they are this year. He has a great staff also. Best of all is the AD :aaaaa11 .
I will be in Wellston Monday night. More than likely wearing a Viking shirt and a brown eagles hat!
GO EAGLES

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Eastern Michigan Eagles are green and white.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Belpre Golden Eagles are orange and black :?:

Return to “Boys Basketball”