Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

tad23
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

Post by tad23 »

Kole_Wheeler wrote:What am i chopped liver? I know that most people in the community dont view me as much of a player but mark my words i have been training all summer putting on muscle gaining strength, speed, agility, and jumping i will be the leader on this team and do all that i possibly can to take the team to an soc 1 championship and further..

yeah.. personally.. i would say the big guy from serbia would be HELP for kole wheeler..

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Kole, no one said you weren't talented. Your argueably the best post player comming into the SOC this year. Their's nothing wrong with having a little help in the post though. One person can't do it by themselves. Any height could be beneficial to the eagles. Cause if Montgomery don't play that makes you and mcvey the two tallest players. If Picket plays some varsity then he would be one of the taller ones too.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Where do these Montgomery rumors come from? First it was he is transferring to Waverly,now he is not playing...Who has this inside knowledge?lol.....I expect Montgomery to be on the floor for the Eagles come December.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Beaverlover, Unfortunately they come straight from Mr. Montgomery himself. Unless he changes his mind, he's not gonna be on the floor this year for the eagles.

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

panther fan i am aware that it is a TEAM effort i was just stateing that i will do all i can to help and lead.....and for caleb watkins (tad23) im sure he will help but nobody has seen him play so no one knows just how good he is...

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

They have one kid, that tall one from Racine

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

beaverlover wrote:Where do these Montgomery rumors come from? First it was he is transferring to Waverly,now he is not playing...Who has this inside knowledge?lol.....I expect Montgomery to be on the floor for the Eagles come December.

I hope Montgomery can play. With the loss of Osborne and Helton, the Eagles will need his scoring/rebounding abilities. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I am glad to see Wheeler stepping up and taking the responsibility for this team. You can help this team accomplish great things Cole, but you are going to have to bring it every night......and I know you have it in you!

tad23
Waterboy

Post by tad23 »

Eaglesnest wrote:
beaverlover wrote:Where do these Montgomery rumors come from? First it was he is transferring to Waverly,now he is not playing...Who has this inside knowledge?lol.....I expect Montgomery to be on the floor for the Eagles come December.

I hope Montgomery can play. With the loss of Osborne and Helton, the Eagles will need his scoring/rebounding abilities. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I am glad to see Wheeler stepping up and taking the responsibility for this team. You can help this team accomplish great things Cole, but you are going to have to bring it every night......and I know you have it in you!

U hear him now. He's ready. I'm ready. And I'm really ready to make an Impact this year! It's gonna be awesome to be able to play varsity and help win games. I'm def. Gonna start puttin the work in.. I haven't made nothing out of high school basketball at eastern. I'm gonna take everything I already know and multiply it and add sum more strength, speed and quickness, stamina, and determination from last season. That's it. Period.. Caleb W.

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

There we go! im startin to get sum people behind me now if anybody else on the team is reading this you better start workin or win i lead conditioning this year ill put you through it worse!!

EaglePride
Waterboy

Post by EaglePride »

I'm excited to come out and watch the eagles play this season. It should be a very interesting to see how they bounce back after loosing Bryan and Jacob. I hope to see the incoming seniors step up and lead this team to an SOC win!! Plus the Eagles have some promising talent coming up this year from the junior high. They should be a fun bunch to watch grow over the years. Good Luck Eagles!! and Play Hard!!!

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

I recieved info from my friend kevin montgomery today that he will be playin basketball so that will help havin more bodies.

Pringles105
Freshman Team

Post by Pringles105 »

Cole this is your team glad to see you lead it.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Pringles105 wrote:Cole this is your team glad to see you lead it.

that remains to be seen

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

This will be my last post on here....It will be seen bystander and by the way my name is spelled with a "K"

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

I don't care how you spell your name just how you play the game---put your words into action, but from what I've seen in past players who try to puff themselves up usually fall short---saying it don't get it done.

The best leaders lead by example!!!!!! You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk??? Get the point?

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

With Montgomery DEFINITELY playing and the addition of Hawks..I expect Eastern to be in contention for a league title and a trip to the Convo.With D4 down...The Eagles have a good shot at having a very nice run in the tourney! I expect Racine and Eastern Meigs to be very good this seson in D4!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

beaverlover wrote:With Montgomery DEFINITELY playing and the addition of Hawks..I expect Eastern to be in contention for a league title and a trip to the Convo.With D4 down...The Eagles have a good shot at having a very nice run in the tourney! I expect Racine and Eastern Meigs to be very good this seson in D4!

I have to agree with Beaverlover. IF the Eagles come together and get someone to step up to replace Osbornes rebounding and consistant scoring, then the Eagles could be pretty good. Loosing Osborne and Helton will hurt even more on the defensive end as they were both very good defenders. Could Hawks be a difference maker on the defensive end?

In the league, I am hearing people talk up Clay and I was told that Symmes Valley not only had Tibbs back but all their starters from last season? If that is true, they will be hard to handle. But, DON'T COUNT THE EAGLES OUT!

I also would love to see the Eagles go on a tourney run. With Oak Hill going D3 and Waterford graduating the 6-11 kid they had, it should be wide open.....that sure should motivate this years team to work hard and make us all proud to cheer them on!

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

I have first hand experience with this team just by going to open gyms and playing pick up with some of the boys on the team. The Eagles will be a tough out against anyone they will play this year. Thornsberry, Lawhorn and McVey have been working their butts off this summer trying to get prepared for this season and will be the the leaders on the floor with Wheeler as well. Haven't seen Montgomery at any open gyms, heard he is having a kid, that might have some to do with it, but I never heard the rumor that he isn't playing.

As far as the Serbian kid goes, I played with him at one open gym last week and he didn't impress me. He will have to improve ALOT to contribute majorly to the team.

Now, the Hawks kid is back and he will help out in the guards group. He is quit, athletic and has good hands. He will see time.
There are 2 freshman that really impressed me. The Lands kid is a good ball handler, quick, and can shoot. He will def. see time this year. And then the black kid, I know that sounds weird but I don't know his name, I think Tay? Anyways, he can score around the rim and has a nice touch and also he is LONG. He is about 6'3 6'4 but will play like he is 6'7 due to how long he is. If he can put on some meat on his bones and keep growing he will be tough.

That's my outlook for the Eagles, if they don't win the SOC I, they will be right there at the top.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

His name is Tavares Pickett

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Nice to hear "Tay" is doing well. I told several people after seeing the junior high play last season that the incoming freshman class will be able to achieve special things if they want to collectively put the time in. The Lands kid and Tay will have an immediate impact I believe at the varsity level. What the freshman class does as seniors will depend more on how hard some of the other kids work at it.

On a side note, with Hawks back and Lands and Tay in the mix, what might be some potential starting lineups????

Return to “Boys Basketball”