West Virginia #1 in ESPN BPI

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

West Virginia #1 in ESPN BPI

Post by winningaintcheap »

Why is this relevant?

Paint Valley big man, Dylan Swingle holds a standing offer from the Mountaineers as well as a great friendship with Coach Huggins. If he is able to commit to WVU, I am led to believe that this is the first time a player from the SE district will be "playing for" a team ranked #1 in BPI, RPI, AP, and Coaches poll.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: West Virginia #1 in ESPN BPI

Post by Ironman92 »

winningaintcheap wrote:Why is this relevant?

Paint Valley big man, Dylan Swingle holds a standing offer from the Mountaineers as well as a great friendship with Coach Huggins. If he is able to commit to WVU, I am led to believe that this is the first time a player from the SE district will be "playing for" a team ranked #1 in BPI, RPI, AP, and Coaches poll.
??? I just looked and they are 11th AP, 12th coaches and 38th RPI

And he's not "playing for" them right now.

We all hope the best for him and he is very impressive....but I don't understand this thread.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Lol

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

How bout dem EEEEERRRRRRRRRRRS! You're right winninggiant cheap! Dem mountys gona be #1 lol

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

I'd guess there have been multiple players from SEO that played for top teams. I can think of a recent one being Cam Thouroghman (Clay) playing for WVU 2008-2011. WVU was ranked many times and as high as #3.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Post by winningaintcheap »

Ironman92 wrote:

We all hope the best for him and he is very impressive....but I don't understand this thread.
Very confusing wording, my apologies. I mean this as in WVU is ranked #1 in ANY of the major polling and metrics. Not that they are #1 in all of them. My understanding is his interests in schools is that he is going to WVU, who is current #1 in the Basketball Power Index. If he commits in coming weeks he would be committing to a team ranked #1 in a major ranking system.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

winningaintcheap wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Very confusing wording, my apologies. I mean this as in WVU is ranked #1 in ANY of the major polling and metrics. Not that they are #1 in all of them. My understanding is his interests in schools is that he is going to WVU, who is current #1 in the Basketball Power Index. If he commits in coming weeks he would be committing to a team ranked #1 in a major ranking system.
Ok....I couldn't get the BPI rankings to load.

Swingle is surprisingly athletic for his size. I know he's working with the right people to maximize his athletic potential. No doubt WVU is an outstanding landing for a college basketball or football kid....real solid school as well.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Xavier was ranked pretty high when Dante played there

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

After Christmas and Thanksgiving I rank pretty high in the BMI

Return to “Boys Basketball”