D2 Southeastern Sectional

whsball
Freshman Team

Re: Southeastern D2 Sectional

Post by whsball »

bvmv4life wrote:If Chillicothe beats Miami Trace, Unioto then they should get #1 seed... Chillicothe is a totally different team since losing to Miami Trace the first time on a buzzer beater..
How does Chilly v MT have anything to do with Unioto seed? MT beat Wilmington, Wilmington smashed Unioto.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

bvmv4life wrote:If Chillicothe beats Miami Trace, Unioto then they should get #1 seed... Chillicothe is a totally different team since losing to Miami Trace the first time on a buzzer beater..
Last edited by bman on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:
No way Unioto gets the number one seed. What are their tournament resume wins? And their SOS is not very good in the SVC.

Miami Trace and Chillicothe should be the top two seeds.
I don't think anyone is arguing for Unioto to be the 1 lol. The SVC isn't good and they've lost to the best 3 teams that they have played. Have a big one with Miami Trace on Saturday, but the other 2 non league games (Washington and Chillicothe) are after the voting will be finalized, so even if they win those, they would be too late to help their case.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I think he was trying to say if Chilli beats MT AND Unioto then they would get the number 1.
Big game Tuesday. We play UA and they just beat Westerville South. I am heading up to Cbus to catch this one.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

GA 10-4

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:I think he was trying to say if Chilli beats MT AND Unioto then they would get the number 1.
Big game Tuesday. We play UA and they just beat Westerville South. I am heading up to Cbus to catch this one.
Yeah I was reading it too fast. My apologies.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe got absolutely embarrassed tonight against Upper Arlington to the tune of 74-26. UA shot 60 percent while Chillicothe went 7-33 from the field for 22% pitiful showing for my cavs tonight .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly improves to 12-5.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ohio1234 wrote:Chillicothe got absolutely embarrassed tonight against Upper Arlington to the tune of 74-26. UA shot 60 percent while Chillicothe went 7-33 from the field for 22% pitiful showing for my cavs tonight .
I'd say that gives Miami Trace a little more footing as the No. 1 seed and maybe gives Unioto an argument to push for the two (although I would keep Chillicothe at the two) going into this weekend's games.
Last edited by bman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OrangeandBlue10
Waterboy

Post by OrangeandBlue10 »

Miami Trace has two big games this weekend, Chillicothe on Friday and Unioto on Saturday. This should decide seeds 1-3.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OrangeandBlue10 wrote:Miami Trace has two big games this weekend, Chillicothe on Friday and Unioto on Saturday. This should decide seeds 1-3.
Huge weekend to decide a lot.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Help me understand how this years sectional is different than years past.
So to get to athens will the top 4 teams only have to win one game? is that correct? and the "sectional championship" will be the first game played at the convo? if this is way off please help!

Go Cavs!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sectional Championship games will still be at Southeastern, although the top 6 seeds will only have to win 1 game to win one, so it is less of an accomplishment as it normally is.

You'll see teams 6-8 fighting hard to get into that 6 slot to where they can save energy and only have to win one game to advance to OU.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

danicalifornia wrote:Sectional Championship games will still be at Southeastern, although the top 6 seeds will only have to win 1 game to win one, so it is less of an accomplishment as it normally is.

You'll see teams 6-8 fighting hard to get into that 6 slot to where they can save energy and only have to win one game to advance to OU.

gotcha. I knew you would know! Yes this makes it less of an accomplishment.

would it be possible for Unioto and CHS to play for a district ship? or would that have to come in the semis?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Sectional Championship games will still be at Southeastern, although the top 6 seeds will only have to win 1 game to win one, so it is less of an accomplishment as it normally is.

gotcha. I knew you would know! Yes this makes it less of an accomplishment.

would it be possible for Unioto and CHS to play for a district ship? or would that have to come in the semis?
Only if they ended up as the 1 and 3 seeds. I can't imagine either of them slipping below 3. The 2 and 4 seeds would go to the other District.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Circleville beats Zane Trace 65-63 in OT
Hillsboro loses to Leesburg Fairfield 67-53

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Question from an out of state guy. Does the seeding go strictly by record within your school size division? For example, say Jackson was 18-2, but only 0-2 against D-2 competition. Would not that put the Ironmen as bottom seed if the other teams in the district had at least one win against D-2 competition?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Omega wrote:Question from an out of state guy. Does the seeding go strictly by record within your school size division? For example, say Jackson was 18-2, but only 0-2 against D-2 competition. Would not that put the Ironmen as bottom seed if the other teams in the district had at least one win against D-2 competition?
Lol, I like your example. I've watched Jackson since 1984-85 and they haven't came close to 18-2 ever.

Might being the near future.

The all non-D2 teams isn't very realistic. Some SOS is figured in but much more of the lining your team up with where they can best advance...teams with league friends also in the sectional certainly help.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly moves to 13-5 with a victory on the road at Valley. First game at Waverly was in the 70's with Waverly pulling it out. This time it was ugly but the Tiger defense held Valley to 29 points and brought home a 19 point victory.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MT beats Chillicithe in OT

Return to “Boys Basketball”