SOUTHERN vs SOUTH GALLIA

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

SOUTHERN vs SOUTH GALLIA

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

With Southern in control from the start, they took the opening home game 83 to 49.

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: SOUTHERN vs SOUTH GALLIA

Post by Heavy D »

OUCH! The TVC is being less kind to SG than they were in football.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Southern was in control from the start...but lets not forget that SG battled back to within 4 in the second quarter. This SG team will win some games--and are very, very young. They showed much more promise than they did against Eastern. I wish you all the best, Rebels.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Hey 123 I thought you were evaluating officials at Trimble last night. :lol:

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Looks like Coach Caldwell has the Tornadoes off and running....I see Southern being very strong in D4 this season.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Southern looked pretty impressive last night. Granted it was against South Gallia. I cant wait to see them vs Eastern, that will be a good game

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

What is going to happen when South Gallia has to play a full TVC schedule, in all sports, boys and girls?

I don't think it will be a very nice picture for the rebel fans. They may regret this move to the TVC.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

I don't think South Gallia will regret the move. I think they just wanted to be part of a conference. I do think the SOC 1 would have been a better fit for them travel wise, but the TVC is where they ended up. They already played Southern, Eastern, and Wahama so that won't be anything new.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Daniel Larusso wrote:I don't think South Gallia will regret the move. I think they just wanted to be part of a conference. I do think the SOC 1 would have been a better fit for them travel wise, but the TVC is where they ended up. They already played Southern, Eastern, and Wahama so that won't be anything new.

DANG!!!!!! DANIEL-SON IS PART OF SEOPS! I feel so...awesome right now. Wax on--Wax off!

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

SG plays most of the teams in TVC Hocking. they'll be just fine I"m sure. All schools have off years.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

It's not like all of the Hocking teams are power houses every year. :roll:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Steely Dan wrote:What is going to happen when South Gallia has to play a full TVC schedule, in all sports, boys and girls?

I don't think it will be a very nice picture for the rebel fans. They may regret this move to the TVC.

I have to agree with you Steely. I can't think of a sport in which I can forsee SG winning a league title. The good thing for one of the current members is it will give them company as far as having never won a league title in football or basketball. :mrgreen:

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

SG will never win the Hocking in football or basketball with the 9 teams that are going to be in next year. They have never beaten wahama in football. they rarely beat eastern in football. Even if there is a year when they can beat eastern and southern in basketball, it will no doubt be a year when neither of those teams beat fed hock or belpre. in baseball i dont see them beating belpre, fed hock, southern and eastern in the same year. in the years when the above teams may be down, trimble is usually up. so i cant see them winning a league title in any of the three boys sports mentioned.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

^^^ i think most people on here expected athens to win a lot of games when they joined the tvc. if you would have told me their non league opponents were going to consist of 3 teams in smaller divisions with 7 wins among them, and a d6 WV school then yes i probably would have said they have a chance to go 8-2, 9-1, or even 10-0. difference is athens moved into a league with smaller teams and ones they have beaten before. sg is moving into a leage with teams they have never beaten, and others they rarely beat. talk to me in 5 years and tell me you still think they can win the league in football or basketball. its not going to happen. in their good years they will be middle of the pack. bad years will have them at the bottom. in their best years they might finish as high as 3rd but that would be a stretch.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Bassmaster wrote:It's not like all of the Hocking teams are power houses every year. :roll:

It really embarrases me to be from eastern sometimes during the games when our eagle fans cry about the refs not bowing down to howies stomps. Really reminds me too much of southern fans from back in the day...

That being said, I cant forecast SG winning a league tirle in anything unless they offer mudrunnin and mudwrasslin as sports. They cant even win spotlighting as long as fedral hawking is in the league....

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

way to post the same thing on two different threads baldeagle

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Good post gahs4ever. TVC fans dont want to remember back when South Gallia had 2 Sectional championships cause they beat 2 TVC teams for the sectional. Also South Gallia prob would have won the TVC in basketball and football 2 years in row 06, and 07. South Gallia has alot of young talent and will be a tough team as they get older.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:SG will never win the Hocking in football or basketball with the 9 teams that are going to be in next year. They have never beaten wahama in football. they rarely beat eastern in football. Even if there is a year when they can beat eastern and southern in basketball, it will no doubt be a year when neither of those teams beat fed hock or belpre. in baseball i dont see them beating belpre, fed hock, southern and eastern in the same year. in the years when the above teams may be down, trimble is usually up. so i cant see them winning a league title in any of the three boys sports mentioned.

Well you were wrong on saying that south gallia has never beaten wahama in football so let time tell on how many others statements in that post you were wrong on also.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Is the TVC the only conference where the people cut on each other so much that it makes the conference look bad? You would think that the fans would want the other schools to do well so that it would make their own teams look better but I guess that is too much logic for some.

Return to “Boys Basketball”