Eastern at Western 1-22

TripleDouble
JV Team

Re: Eastern at Western 1-22

Post by TripleDouble »

Normally this is a good game, that records can be thrown out the window. But with western being as down as they are this year, I see Eastern winning this one by about 15. They won the first two home and neutral site by over 20. With the Indians playing at home, I don't see it being that much, but more in the teens.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Hoggy, I seen where you posted that Eastern is avg holding teams to 52ppg. Thats great Defensive effort night in and night out. Just wandering what the record was for Eastern, as far as holding teams to a certain ppg. I was thinking that the season record was around 52ppg. Not sure though, If it is, this years squad may have a good shot at breaking it.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Eastern's Game Thus Far:

8-2 Overall
6-0 SOC I * Currently First place *
1-2 Against Non SOC I Opponents
1-0 Against SOC II (Minford)
0-1 Against SVC (Piketon)

Western 55 at Eastern 78
Eastern 67 at Minford 48
Eastern 58 at Notre Dame 26

Pike County Holiday Classic: Day One (at Waverly)
Piketon 77 vs. Eastern 53 (Pike County Beat Down)

Pike County Holiday Classic: Day Two (at Waverly)
Eastern 73 vs. Western 49

Clay 53 at Eastern 74
Symmes Valley 54 at Eastern 55
Eastern 69 at East 60

Wellston Hoops Classic
Eastern 50 vs Charleston Catholic 58

Green 43 at Eastern 67

Tripledouble, that is a good question. I know they have been playing some good defense this year, but I don't know the answer for sure. I do know that the Notre Dame game, where they only gave up 26 points, has helped keep the average down. They have held their opponents below 50 points in 4 of the 10 games and only allowed 2 teams to score over 60 points. Coach Fitch definitely has these boys playing defense this year and I hope that it only gets better. Defense wins championships! (That is another topic of debate)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Any final score?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

The Final score was 63-49. I wasn't at the game, so I can't give details. But thats the final score.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Sorry, 63-49 Eastern. Didn't say who won lol.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats to the Eagles. I figured it would be tougher the 3rd time around. I seen a heck of a game at Northwest tonight as the Mohawks downed the Pirates. Anyone have any stats on this one?

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Congrats to the Eagles!

Another conference win, another opponent held below 50 points and one step closer to the league championship! Still allot of ball left to be played and some teams are starting to gel (Clay) and some are waiting on some revenge. Stay focused and take them one game at a time.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

You said it Hoggy. Focused is the key, can't let a team sneak up on you and steal one that you should win. There are a number of tough places to play in the league, it's not easy to play on the road in the SOC.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

sorry i have not been keeping up! i have a freshman, an eight grader and a fourth grader that are playing. i am at a game every single night. with jr. high they play three games in one night and we are not home till about 11pm. i will try to do better. i am still a western faithful win or lose, i am just always at a western game. remember one thing " this is not a rebuilding season, it is a reloading seaon!

Return to “Boys Basketball”