Logan @ Marietta 2/2

3morethan2
Varsity

Re: Logan @ Marietta 2/2

Post by 3morethan2 »

I agree....but like i said you can't go from one system like bentley's was run and gun take good open shots whenever you was open and outscore your opponent the following year its more half court slow down the game but run when you can and play defense and rutter is a good asst. coach and the freshman team is really solid but you can't change your style of play year in and year out. If you do that then you have to start all over back to step 1 to get the team gelling in that system and maybe thats one of the reasons the basketball program hasn't been consistent. You have to have a style of play accustomed to what type of team you have.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

3morethan2 wrote:I agree....but like i said you can't go from one system like bentley's was run and gun take good open shots whenever you was open and outscore your opponent the following year its more half court slow down the game but run when you can and play defense and rutter is a good asst. coach and the freshman team is really solid but you can't change your style of play year in and year out. If you do that then you have to start all over back to step 1 to get the team gelling in that system and maybe thats one of the reasons the basketball program hasn't been consistent. You have to have a style of play accustomed to what type of team you have.

That's "talking out of both sides of your mouth"! Which is it? Do you adjust your style each year to the type of players you have, or do you have the same system each year regardless of the players you have?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

mhs95_06 wrote:
3morethan2 wrote:I agree....but like i said you can't go from one system like bentley's was run and gun take good open shots whenever you was open and outscore your opponent the following year its more half court slow down the game but run when you can and play defense and rutter is a good asst. coach and the freshman team is really solid but you can't change your style of play year in and year out. If you do that then you have to start all over back to step 1 to get the team gelling in that system and maybe thats one of the reasons the basketball program hasn't been consistent. You have to have a style of play accustomed to what type of team you have.

That's "talking out of both sides of your mouth"! Which is it? Do you adjust your style each year to the type of players you have, or do you have the same system each year regardless of the players you have?

Hey this is one of the main reasons we must have new head coach! Someone to manage and direct the program. The current basketball program is in shambles. We have the talent to be at least a 12-8 team. It all comes back to the program!

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

klaw- uumm ok. we'll see. and I'll leave Logan as soon as my kid finishes 7th grade, but thanks for your concern.

Eaglesrock- do all these schools that are beating up on Logan have dI talent? I have seen coaches do a lot with little and others do a little with a lot. Guess where logan fits in. guess the law firm is doing a little with a little according to you.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Mhs: that answer is easy, You keep the same system every year, but make adjustments that fit your current players.

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

eaglesrock wrote:As for playing favorites, I have witnessed it during Keith's reign, and I know that Patrick can do no wrong, but that is no reason to run Keith out of town.[

Patrick Angle or Patrick Walsh.

And please, elaborate.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i think he is talking about patrick angle

osu*me
Riding the Bench

Post by osu*me »

Then I would like him to explain, what exactly he means by that statement. It sounds like he is sayin Keith has played patrick bc he's a favorite and that patrick can do no wrong?

Keith couldn't possibly be playing Patrick because he's a great basketball player. He is only the 4th athlete at Logan High School to score 1000 points...just because he was a favorite of Keith. Gimme a break.

Correct me if my assumption is incorrect, if not, you're delirious.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Why shouldn't he play Pat? Pat probably knows more about the game than any of the coaches. Who, if not Pat, should be on the floor? Pat does a nice job.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

and pat does a really nice job, i think he should be mentioned for player of the year in seoal with it looking like him not being 100 percent with his knee. and some of the numbers he has put up since his first game. but i think what he is trying to say is pat might make a few mistakes and the coach doesn't take him out or doesnt say anything to him while another player might make one mistake and he gets his but chewed and doesn't play the rest of the game

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

3morethan2 was complaining about the way Keith plays favorites. Yes, Patrick should play. If Keith didn't play him he would be nuts. I never said he shouldn't be playing. I was referring to statement regarding Keith playing favorites and the fact that Patrick can have 3 turnovers in a row and not come out and another player has one turnover and he yanks him.

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

eaglesrock wrote:3morethan2 was complaining about the way Keith plays favorites. Yes, Patrick should play. If Keith didn't play him he would be nuts. I never said he shouldn't be playing. I was referring to statement regarding Keith playing favorites and the fact that Patrick can have 3 turnovers in a row and not come out and another player has one turnover and he yanks him.
Playing in an atmosphere of zero tolerance for mistakes IMO takes away the players confidence. Playing with fear of reproach. Now if this is done with some coaching involved that is different. I just see the "go take a seat" attitude.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Heyseed, I cannot argue with you on that point.

forthekids
Waterboy

Post by forthekids »

Has anyone of you on this site ever coached along side of Coach Myers?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

forthekids wrote:Has anyone of you on this site ever coached along side of Coach Myers?

HAVE YOU! if so tell us the rest of the story!

forthekids
Waterboy

Post by forthekids »

Yes I have, and not just at the varsity level but also with the younger kids. Keith works very hard with the Basketball program and you do not have a clue about what goes on during the off season or during the season. You only see what you want to see. The kids work hard and the wins don't come as often as you or the current Coaching staff would like them to. I don't see them quiting or given up; you have.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

forthekids wrote:Yes I have, and not just at the varsity level but also with the younger kids. Keith works very hard with the Basketball program and you do not have a clue about what goes on during the off season or during the season. You only see what you want to see. The kids work hard and the wins don't come as often as you or the current Coaching staff would like them to. I don't see them quiting or given up; you have.

Yes I understand the kid's do work very hard and I do understand the summer committment, But results are what they are over Keith's time coaching, correct if I am wrong they have not had a record much over .500! Something is wrong the talent is there and the kids perform well untill they reach the varsity level. How much more of just being average can the supportors of the program are willing to accept!

Return to “Boys Basketball”