Southern Vs South Gallia; Waterford Vs Wood County

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Re: Southern Vs South Gallia; Waterford Vs Wood County

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

if it's who I think it was, very unusual for him.

Can't say about going after a minor, not the best way to handle frustration. Southern fans are intense, but it's rare for them to come out on the floor. Yelling is the worst I've seen for sometime.

I can assure you nobody at SHS approves of that kinda of behavior

you say you can't call a foul after the game? Happened @ Southern/Eastern football game. Southern player sat out 2 games because of a "time expired" call.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

The person that confronted a minor after the JV game should have been removed from the place, end of story. The Southern players or coaches didn't have anything to do with that. So saying the South Gallia varsity players were taking up for their teammate by getting 2 intentional fouls in the 4th quarter and what could have been a third at the end of the game, doesn't make sense to me. Southern was ahead by 10 going into the 4th and South Gallia didn't score again until 1:00 left in the game. Score was actually 52-27 with SG scoring two buckets in the last minute (one at the buzzer). Frustration was probably what led to the intentional fouls in my opinion. I don't believe it was dirty play, just frustration. But it's hard to blame a parent for getting upset when his kid is knocked to the floor in front of the referees as the game ends. I guess he didn't think the referees should just ignore the the play.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

I think everyone agrees that in no case should an adult go after a kid.

One thing that I would like to point out, and it wasn't just this game, but just about every game I have seen this year, How did we get so many coachs and refs. in the stands. Do you relize that if we paid each person that coaches and refs from the stands we couldn't afford to have any games... Come on people lets let the coaches and refs do thier jobs... again, I am not taking just about this game... lets also reliaze that our kids get alot of their direction from parents and friends, so as role models we should all do a better job.

Just my opinion.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

futurebkstar wrote:i said we dont teach our kids dirty play!!! Im not their teammate!! I would take up for a teammate like that when i played. Again, there is no sense an adult grabbing a minor that way. There were no hard fouls during the jv game. I should of handled that guy differently. Anyone that wants to see the game film of the so called dirty play lmk. Nothing in the film warrants those kinds of actions by any fanatic!!!!

Condoning it is almost as bad as teaching it. Saying you would do it is pretty much saying you are teaching them to do it. Especially when you know kids will run through brick walls for you. One question, how is intentionally fouling an opponent taking up for a teammate? Especially when the player you foul had nothing to do with your teammate?

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

noone said anything bout condoning it. The intensional fouls were made by frustration. I said as a player i might think bout taking up. Sg staff took out the players that intentionally fouled! Let the coaches do the job and handle it. If u think that a foul should be called contact the refs. Sg foul total was 19 and southern was 8. I think the refs at sg were fair. Shs games never look like that. Hats off to southern getting our kids frustrated by good defense. They were the better team. As far as the adult he should be arrested

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Welcome to the TVC bucko. Wait till you are really in the league and see what happens. We want to win the TVC so bad that we will come after you when you do something we dont like. Are fans are true fanantics which is where the word fan came from. Thats the way it should be bucko.

Haha! Bucko....isnt that what richie cunningham used to say on Happy Days to the Fonz? Who the heck talks like that? I do have a question....what did the parents of the kid who was grabbed by the adult do? If someone came out of the stands and grabbed my kid I think i would be waiting outside with a tire iron in my hand!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

The father was down south working and wasn't in attendance. That guy was lucky he was out of town. The fan was by the locker room waiting not in the gym. He shouldn't even been in the location he was at. So it wasn't in fron of the fans. As for the push you guys are referring to was after the Varsity game not the JV game. I have all the game films and nothing happened late in the JV game, I looked at the film. So, the man has no legs to stand on. I took care of the situation as much as I could at the time. OVC Fan, I hope that answers your question.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Yep, I was just curious. If the weather holds out and the Southern vs Peake game is still on tomorrow evening we'll be seeing you. Have never been there and dont have a clue where it is. Thank God for mapquest and a tom tom. Hoping for a good clean fun game where the kids can play and actually enjoy the game. Thanks Future....

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

No problem. So you follow Chesapeake? I took a kid into my family a fews years back with two months left of a school year so he could finish the year out. His parents moved to Chesapeake area. He went on the last two years and had great football and basketball seasons at Chesapeake. I know he was a key part to the football seasons those years. His name was Dustin Obrien. Chesapeake recieved a good transfer from South Gallia.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

That name doesnt ring a bell. I lived out of town for 8 years before moving back last year though so I didnt see or read much. But that was a great thing you did taking him in.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Well, the basketball season was already over and he wanted to finish his sophmore year out at South Gallia. Then he was going to enroll at chesapeake in the summer.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

bballfool wrote:I think everyone agrees that in no case should an adult go after a kid.

One thing that I would like to point out, and it wasn't just this game, but just about every game I have seen this year, How did we get so many coachs and refs. in the stands. Do you relize that if we paid each person that coaches and refs from the stands we couldn't afford to have any games... Come on people lets let the coaches and refs do thier jobs... again, I am not taking just about this game... lets also reliaze that our kids get alot of their direction from parents and friends, so as role models we should all do a better job.

Just my opinion.

no, no, no, bball.... i'm guessing all htese coaches and refs in the stands would do it for free.... therefore think of all the money we could save. :122245 :122245 :122245

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I am not from either school so I am butting togather what I read. I take it futurebkstar is a coach and I assume a teacher? Well if this is the case , my question to you is if someone put their hands on a child and you being a teacher or coach saw it happen, why didn't you have them arrested right there on spot? As a teacher that is your duty peroid. I read you said you should of handled it differently, yea get rid of the tough guy ego you have and do your job. Talking about this on the internet with a bunch of 15 year old children makes both schools look bad. It should be handled with the schools not on the internet.

rebelmom1
Waterboy

Post by rebelmom1 »

my son's got cheap shoots in the back all night just let the lids play the game and have fun and as for the adault acting like that with a teenager it is crazy just glad it was not my kids that happened to because when it comes to your kids you will get alittle upset

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Two words....adult literacy. Hahaha.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

No, I am not a teacher, I work for the state of Ohio. The police came and got him. We still had the varsity game to play and after the cops got him that is all I was concerned about. I watch the game and there were no cheaps shots intentionally going on by either sides. When a defender gets out of position it looks worse than it is. Down the stretch Southern played harder and were in better position.

Return to “Boys Basketball”