Ironton at Portsmouth 2/09

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton at Portsmouth 2/09

Post by biggdowgg »

KantuckyII wrote:

but the main reason I said we prob would not get it in tom,,,we are supposed to get 4 to 5 more inches of snow again tonight

No hold on, didn't you tell me down at The Ribber just two hours or so ago that you and Trojan Dave both agreed that you'd dodged a bullet not having to face Ironton again and why reschedule a sure loss?
[/quote][/quote]

No, I tried to bet you the Ribber dinner That the Trojans would win this round,,,and you,wanted no part of it

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, I knew you'd already bought that guy's dinner that was with you already and I thought, he can't afford mine too so I passed.

TrojanDave not going to be there? would it really be an Ironton/Portsmouth game? anyway, that ought to tell you how futile it is, if TD's not going to be down there on the floor cheering them on...then, you know how really dismal things are for you.

We got only a light coating that will be gone as soon as the sun comes up (and even if it's behind the clouds, it's still up) so maybe Ptown might step up to the plate afterall.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oops..just saw where they're predicting the winter showing a new fury with 3 to 7 inches, bitter cold wind. I'm glad Al Gore is coming over and shoveling my driveway this time. I bet he wished he'd never taken that bet ;-)

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

kantuckyII wrote:Oops..just saw where they're predicting the winter showing a new fury with 3 to 7 inches, bitter cold wind. I'm glad Al Gore is coming over and shoveling my driveway this time. I bet he wished he'd never taken that bet ;-)

Al is in Vancouver bringing snow in to hold the olympics. Record warmth up there. Go figure.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

looks like Turke gets his ribs..IF he has not spent his money yet :mrgreen:

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

In 1950-51, Gallipolis and Logan finished regular season plau with 10-3 SEOAL records. That wasa bad winter like this one. After both teams were eliminated from tournament play, Gallipolis went to Logan and a chance to win the league crown, especially after beating Logan 48-32 at Gallipolis earlier in the year. This was about the first week in March.

At the Hilltop floor in the old school, Logan won the title with a 59-29 victory over the Blue Devils.

In the 1980s, Gallipolis and Athens concluded SEOAL play after both teams were eliminated. Athens knocked the Gallians in that post-season game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”