CANCELLED Ironton VS Portsmouth 2-10-10

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

CANCELLED Ironton VS Portsmouth 2-10-10

Post by The Instructor »

It was just announced that the game is cancelled.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Re: CANCELLED Ironton VS Portsmouth 2-10-10

Post by The Instructor »

TTT

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

The game is cancelled!

It was announced on the intercom before school was dismissed.

The superintendent requested it be called off due to the bad weather.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Do you think they still could have played?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Black Panther wrote:Do you think they still could have played?

Eastern traveled to New Boston and playe thir game tonight.

Im jus sayin :mrgreen:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I was just trying to tease the Instructor.I know she had to be dying to see TTT tonight.LOL In all seriousness, if they played that game( New Boston) then this one could have been played too...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I think the reason they went ahead and cancelled it was because Biggdowgg and I both enjoy the large Rib Dinner on Tuesday. This would have given us just a little over 24 hours till our next rib dinner. We need at least 48 hours

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

:mrgreen:

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

gonna played this week before the drawing?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Wont be played this week. Ironton plays Jackson at Home tonight and at Logan tomorrow night. I believe Portsmouth has a Saturday game. In all seriousness, will it matter if this game is played before the draw. We all know how that is gonna play out anyway ;-)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The only thing this game means,is $$$, should be a decent crowd,I say play it next wed when most other teams would not be playing 8)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

85inside: Not playing actually hurts both Ironton and Portsmouth......I don't think neither team wants to be playing the other in the sectional final.......If Portsmouth were to have beaten Ironton, Gallia Academy, and Chesapeake, the Trojans would have a legitimate case for a #5 seed.......now, without the Ironton game, the best the Trojans can do is a #6........and that will be iffy with Coal Grove's record.......it may be #2 Ironton vs. #7 Portsmouth in the sectional final as a result of yesterday's cancellation.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote:85inside: Not playing actually hurts both Ironton and Portsmouth......I don't think neither team wants to be playing the other in the sectional final.......If Portsmouth were to have beaten Ironton, Gallia Academy, and Chesapeake, the Trojans would have a legitimate case for a #5 seed.......now, without the Ironton game, the best the Trojans can do is a #6........and that will be iffy with Coal Grove's record.......it may be #2 Ironton vs. #7 Portsmouth in the sectional final as a result of yesterday's cancellation.

Im all for that match up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

biggdowgg: The more I think about it, that's the way it probably will play out......3 years ago, we had to play #1 Wheelersburg two years in a row in the sectional final......the Pirates went on the state both years.......last year, we played undefeated #1 seed 20-0 North Adams.......lost 77-75 in OT.......and now this year, I have a feeling that it will be #2 seed Ironton in the sectional final.......we just can't seem to get a decent bracket in the sectional.......last year we were in Waverly and it was the toughest of the 2 sectionals......this year there are 3 sectionals, we get switched to Jackson and it's the toughest sectional.......we haven't made it to Athens since 2004.

But if it's Ironton.......so be it........GO TROJANS!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

If coal grove is ahead of Portsmouth, there should never be another sectional draw held. That would be unreal.

Return to “Boys Basketball”