Peake over South Point 2/19

osumufan
SE

Peake over South Point 2/19

Post by osumufan »

This is for the OVC!!!
Last edited by osumufan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Peake @ South Point 2/19

Post by pfloyd »

... should be a great game with the real possibility of both meeting for a 3rd time in sectional play ... OVC Championship? followed by "who" goes to the Convo? ... doesn't get any better in high school hoops ...

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

WHO IS GOING TO WIN THIS ONE?
How will each player match-up turn out?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Ive seen a lot of both teams. My guess and its just a guess....is Peake wins this one by 10. Homecourt may be a factor. I think Peake will be focused after the loss at Portsmouth which may be just what they needed. A wake up call. Makes you play harder. Kennedy HAS to stay out of foul trouble though! And Barnes needs help from his teammates. Will be a good game!

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

i think Peake doesnt let the Pointers jump out to a big lead this time, there d will be there from the beginning and the Panthers will take this from start to finish..
Copley will take over late like last game.
im gonna be missing the fairland senior night to come see this one.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

This should be a close game and the one next week will be just the same. if the Pointers win tonight I don't see them winning the 3rd next week. Same for the Panthers if they win tonight I don't think they will win next week!

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

Peake by 8+

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

if you cant make it to the game, listen to it on 1470am or wrwbam.com

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

any updates? who won?

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: Peake over South Point 2/19

Post by bucksfan76 »

The peake won by 11 I believe.the refs were TERRIBLE on both sides tonight I am not trying to make excuses but South Point bigs were getting pushed in the back all night when they were going for rebounds and layups.But South Point misses alot of free throws so would not have matter anyway but you never know.

More than likely will see these to teams play again so lets see if the third times a charm.Its hard to beat a team three times when they have just about the same talent.But we will see.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Way to go 'Peake!! Couldn't make it tonight, so thanks for the update bucksfan.

I agree that to be a team 3 times when the talent is close is very difficult. Really wish the 'Peake would've drawn a different team!

But, until then....

OVC OVC OVC OVC OVC!

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

pantherdad wrote:Way to go 'Peake!! Couldn't make it tonight, so thanks for the update bucksfan.

I agree that to be a team 3 times when the talent is close is very difficult. Really wish the 'Peake would've drawn a different team!

But, until then....

OVC OVC OVC OVC OVC!

Haha i heard tonight that the south point and peake girls game will be made up on monday so come out and watch the girls whip up on some panther butt and hear the same chant (haha i know this should be on the girls forum but just some friendly fun)

but for real 34 for peake might be their best player and he looks young

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Nothing wrong with some friendly jabbing!

McMaster is 34. Sophomore, so he'll be around a couple more years. In fact, the 'Peake returns Kennedy, McMaster and Copley next year.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

I am not on here to take jabs at high school kids but personally I think kennedy plays to soft for his size.I mean he is what 6'8 if he would play with some muscle chesapeake would be UNSTOPABLE.But I have only seen him in two games and thats the been against South Point boths times so I could be wrong.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... does anyone have final score on this one ? ... congratulations to Coach Davis and the 'Peake - OVC Champions ... tough to live up to the "preseason hype" BUT the Panthers did just that ... sets up THE trifecta get together at Jackson to see who advances to the Convo ... should be a dandy ...

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

i agree Kennedy needs to get tougher..hes not a real skinny 6'8 that boy is put together well.
so i dont know what he's worried about??

ilovessoftball
Waterboy

Post by ilovessoftball »

bucksfan76 wrote:
pantherdad wrote:Way to go 'Peake!! Couldn't make it tonight, so thanks for the update bucksfan.

But, until then....

OVC OVC OVC OVC OVC!

Haha i heard tonight that the south point and peake girls game will be made up on monday so come out and watch the girls whip up on some panther butt and hear the same chant (haha i know this should be on the girls forum but just some friendly fun)

I assume from your next post that you are not a student. I have read your posts before and you do bash students at times. How can we expect the students to respect each other and get along when "adults" are on here trash talking about KIDS playing high school sports? If you can't say something nice, informative or constructive, then keep it to yourself! Kids will be kids.....but it just isn't funny when adults act like that.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

ilovessoftball wrote:
bucksfan76 wrote:

But, until then....

OVC OVC OVC OVC OVC!

I assume from your next post that you are not a student. I have read your posts before and you do bash students at times. How can we expect the students to respect each other and get along when "adults" are on here trash talking about KIDS playing high school sports? If you can't say something nice, informative or constructive, then keep it to yourself! Kids will be kids.....but it just isn't funny when adults act like that.

ilovessoftball I just recently graduated so when you did see my post I was more thank likely still in high school so learn some facts before you try and throw some stuff in my face.But if you want to show me the posts that you are talking about I can verify if i was a student or not.So please send them in a message or something

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

bucksfan76,
If you don't like to take jabs at high school players, then maybe you just need to try a little harder.
It's obvious that you are some what challenged intellectually and are probably a grade school
child.
We don't need this kind of player trashing on this site.
If you had actually been at both games you would have seen that kid score about 16 pts.,8 rbs.
and probably 3-4 blocked shots in first game. This is a prime example of why children should
be kept off this site.
I just happened to see both of those games, and when you are setting on the bench in foul trouble
for most of the game, how can you expect a player to play aggressive and tough.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Last edited by ovc fan on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”