Best coach in the SHL??

Rodeo1
Varsity

Re: Best coach in the SHL??

Post by Rodeo1 »

Lighten up and enjoy the ride the boys are about to give us. The future looks bright whatever happens.Go Peebles Indians!!!!!!

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

I feel pretty sure that most of us are to enjoy what ride there is.

I do agree that Coach Lawhorn will be sorely missed when he is gone.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Trust the kids.They believe in themselves.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

If you are correct kg23 Lawhorn will be around for at least ten more years,, because their is no shortage of talent for a long time at Peebles.. thank goodness,, by the way ,,secretly I think this is his last year..

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

You are right Indian Man, this is Coach Lawhorns last season, I also feel this. Again he will be sorely missed. It will be very hard to fill those shoes. As of now, I do not feel anyone is to capable. I hope that I am wrong.

indianmaniac
Riding the Bench

Post by indianmaniac »

I just knew that this would start soon, but I thought we might at least get through the tournament.:)

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

indianmaniac wrote:I just knew that this would start soon, but I thought we might at least get through the tournament.:)

No one is starting anything, just one person's observation and concern. I hope we make it a few more games. Best of Luck Indians!!!!

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Beucler and Eastern Brown move on.Another shl team to convo.

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

kg23 wrote:I wasn't aware of any talk of who the next coach will be or that Lawhorn had even decided on when he's done. I think secretly we all know he's done after next year. I will say though, if Josh Arey is denied that job then I will lose a tremendous amount of respect for the people responsible for that decision. There is nobody in peebles that is as dedicated to that team or as hardworking. It would be a shame if he isn't the next coach.

An entity is capable of being dedicated to the squad of players and still not be the correct selection. Dedication is a splendid attribute, but does automatically qualify one for this or any other postion of tudorship .

justindavis
Waterboy

Post by justindavis »

luvit wrote:also coach lawhorn is a great teacher of the game. ask the players he had when he first came here in 97-98. he took a team of j.v. players that had very few wins the year before, and turned them into a very good team. ask l. ogden, j. jones, h. robinson, and some of those players, then make your judgement of how good of an coach he is. you might have a different opinion of him.

I think that making the Ogden, Webber, Robinson, and Jones team seem like a team of scrubs that Lawhorn turned into winners is rewriting history a little bit.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

I think that making the Ogden, Webber, Robinson, and Jones team seem like a team of scrubs that Lawhorn turned into winners is rewriting history a little bit.

no way were they a bunch of scrubs! i only meant that there record improved and so did they under a different coach. i am a true believer that a good coach can make a big difference.

bobcat2213
Waterboy

Post by bobcat2213 »

John Lawhorn has a ton of experience and has learned from some great coaches. He is one of the best coaches in the SHL, he knows his stuff. All of those who are dissing Coach Carson, he's been a head coach for 3 years and still has very much to learn. Carson has a great game plan every night and one day he will be one of the best coaches in the SHL or any league hes in.

GoBigRed
Riding the Bench

Post by GoBigRed »

bobcat2213 wrote:John Lawhorn has a ton of experience and has learned from some great coaches. He is one of the best coaches in the SHL, he knows his stuff. All of those who are dissing Coach Carson, he's been a head coach for 3 years and still has very much to learn. Carson has a great game plan every night and one day he will be one of the best coaches in the SHL or any league hes in.

Couldn't agree more bobcat!

shag
Waterboy

Post by shag »

I think John Lawhorn is the best coach in the shl but he did come to a great team for SHL

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

wasn't lawhorn at peebles last year? i guess he got a lot smarter in the past year.

Fuzz Meister
Riding the Bench

Post by Fuzz Meister »

Yes he was. Peebles had a big man that thought all he had to do was stand there as a destraction and thats why they didnt excel.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:wasn't lawhorn at peebles last year? i guess he got a lot smarter in the past year.

I would not consider 18-4 a bad job. With the exception of Zane Trace in the sectionals, everyone of their losses could just have easily been wins. Peebles was up by 9 with a minute and a half to go against Alexander and lost thanks to an epic screwing by the local refs and a freak performance by Kyle Barnhouse. In both of the North Adams losses Peebles was up in the fourth quarter but just failed to hold on against a team that could have made a trip to the Schott. Peebles could have just as easily ended up 20-0 in the regular season.

mattchristopher
Waterboy

Post by mattchristopher »

sparky wrote:wasn't lawhorn at peebles last year? i guess he got a lot smarter in the past year.

Little jealousy, sparky? You two got a history? I'm just sayin....

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

Im sorry to say tribemaniac but peebles had no shot in makeing the century mark of 20-0 last yr with as good as North Adams was.. The only reason they had a ONE point lead in the 4th was due to bad closing of the 3rd quarter both games.. but thats besides the point..

Coach Dave Young is the best coach in the SHL he always gets his to play hard, good or bad, and he knows when to let his kids play through the pressure of the opposing fans to make them stronger, as he showed last yr against peebels..

And Not to mention in the past 4 yrs Dave has 2 district titles and 2 undefeated seasons in his career.. I believe he is the best in the SHL

coming in a close second is Bucluer, thrid lawhorn.. both good coaches

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

Question for my fellow transcribers: Would it not take less effort to just quote my testimonial from page one and say agreed? After evaluating your responses, I have come to the deduction that my judgments and beliefs are sound and need to be articulated at a public "round table" such as SEOP. I want to show my appreciation to all that have converted. You have also confirmed by your counter banter that I have vastly enhanced your vocabularies.

The Instructors of Basketball from Eastern Brown and North Adams are parmount with most others trailing at some distance. The Indians of Peebles are encumbered with talent and I am in need more attestation and corroboration of the Instructor's skill before a possible upgrade of the Peebles Varsity Instructor.

No need to fret as I have settled on making a valiant attempt to make known my accepted wisdom to all in need of discipleship in this particular focus. You have truly stimulated me and I pledge to not inhibit my emotions. I am an educationalist and you will not be disadvantaged!
Last edited by tobiasunderwood on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”