River Valley Raiders New Coach?

theassassin
All State

Re: River Valley Raiders New Coach?

Post by theassassin »

gahs4ever wrote:I havent seen a single post on this thread about GAHS folks with their panties in a bunch about where or even if Coach Oz might surface again as a head coach. The starter of this thread began by speculating whether Oz might be a candidate for the RV job but then he couldnt resist jabbing the needle about him "coaching the county kids for years," which is an obvious reference to an old, tired refrain from some people that has been going on for years.

At that point the topic went in an entirely different direction.

But to clarify a point, I dont even wear panties. I'm more into thongs!!!

OMG!!!!

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

4ever for your information, I am a LOYAL blue fan to the LOYAL blue fans and its community. Get your facts staight if you want to bash me or try to belittle me. I do not have a problem with you but I am beginning to hear an attitude in your post toward me. You might want to tone it down a little since you are a moderator or staff member. If you don't like people who are loyal to the OZ, well leave the people who feel he is alone and go in a different direction like the few.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

popcorn phil wrote:the same people who went crazy over the lack of class and loyalty shown by Gallia Academy when they fired Osbourne, now think that it would be a good idea to hire him at RV over a guy(jordan hill) who bailed out the school in a tough situation and went on to do a terrific job. I for one am confident that RV will show that they are not like GA and do the classy and loyal thing in hiring Hill.

I don't care who RV hires, but don't try to compare jordan hill to Oz situation, that just makes you look stupid.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

If Coach Osborne was interested in the job any school would be wise to at least talk to him. Also a young coach would be wise to spend a few years under him before taking on a head coaching position for the long haul. All you have to do is just look at the list of coaches that have been on his staff over the years to see that.

Good Luck to Coach Osborne in what ever he decides to do. If that is coaching so be and if he just wants to relax for awhile so be that. The only person that knows what he is thinking is him.

Coach Hill did a very good job last year at RV so if that is the direction RV goes that would be good choice. As one coach once put it, "I can always buy a different color shirt and coat."

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I cant believe that Duane Estep hasnt been contacted....A Basketball coaching legend and a softball guru to boot... Kill 2 birds with 1 stone....If the Gallipolis power brokers didnt contact this real "Wizard" they need to explain why.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

gahs4ever wrote:It's pay-to-participate bub, and someone like you isnt worth talking to since your comprehension skills are incredibly lacking. Nowhere did I say county players can afford the fee (people who live in Gallipolis as from the county too).

And for both you and out of bounds, it isnt just $90. It's $90 per child per extra-curricular activity. If you have three kids involved in three activities, that comes out to over $800 per year! The last time I checked, the median income for Gallia County was around $30,000. Do the math.

Now you can go back to your topic about a new coach and Im out.

Hey, don't feel sorry for yourselves. Times are tough and last I checked it wasn't mandatory for kids to play sports! It's economics, you don't buy your kids Air Jordan's if you can't afford them, so you don't have to let them play 3 sports. Their are other things in life and activities to get into. If people want they're kids to play 3 sports they will find a way that's what parents do. It's not like you are the only school district with "PAY TO PARTICIPATE". And I'm sure teams can find some clever ways to have some fund raisers to raise money. It's not that hard.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

did they hire anybody for the job? Hill and his assistants, Tackett and Grahm, did a great job filling in for Stout. Any of the three should get looked at first. Osbourne would be good choice too. Who all applied? Heard from the inside that they had 7 applicants. Cant hardly believe it though.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

gahs4ever wrote:With GAHS being the only country school.

GAHS shouldnt have any tough games then if they will be the only team in the country :lol:

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Any news on this situation?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

BOE meeting Monday night.

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

I think Coach Hill should get the job as long as he wants it.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

anyone hired at meeting?

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

Hill was hired last night in executive session. just not public yet.

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Nice to see hard work pay off for Coach Hill!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to Jordan, and wish him the best in this upcoming season.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Did he get a teaching job at the school?

MACK MAN
Waterboy

Post by MACK MAN »

Good luck to the Raiders

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

gahs4ever wrote:Few, if any of the current seniors in HS this year were even alive in 1992, so I fail to see the relevance of your comments. With GAHS being the only country school with pay-to-partiipate at $90 per student per activity, any perceived transfer inbalance is perception rather than reality.

Your facts are not facts because we have lost several to the "county schools," and received few if any in return. But for the last time that isnt the issue. The issue is where anyone wants to go to school, and you seem to think that kids "owe" one district something over another simply because of where they were born.

Who exactly went to River Valley from GAHS because of the $90.00? The only ones we lost were ones that were kicked off the football team?
"4ever" sometimes you need to take off the Blue Glasses,because the whole world don't look at GAHS in the same light you and Radioman do!

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

maybe im not clear about this topic ? who are some of the people interested in Rv bb job

Return to “Boys Basketball”