SOC2 2010-11

Who wins it?

Total votes: 0

allohio87
Waterboy

SOC2 2010-11

Post by allohio87 »

hows the division 2 of the soc looking this year?

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Re: soc 2 10-11

Post by Manxious2 »

One thing I can tell you is that South Webster will be a legitimate contender for the SOC 2 title this year. i watched them play at Chesapeake this summer and they are solid! I was impressed.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Waverly, Burg, and Webster will all have a shot at the title...beyond that who knows. Northwest has to deal with losing a fairly strong senior class as does Valley. West will more than likely be bringing up the rear in the conference for another year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Way too early predictions based on who graduated and what players are expected to return:

1) Waverly
2) South Webster
3) Oak Hill
4) Wheelersburg
5) Valley
6) Minford
7) Northwest
8) West

Alot can change between now and December though.*

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

art_vandelay wrote:Way too early predictions based on who graduated and what players are expected to return:

1) Waverly
2) South Webster
3) Oak Hill
4) Wheelersburg
5) Valley
6) Minford
7) Northwest
8) West

Alot can change between now and December though.*

1.)Waverly
2.)Webster
3.)Oak Hill
4.)Wheelersburg
5.)Valley
6.)Northwest
7.)Minford
8.)West

Even though Northwest lost a pretty solid senior class they really suprised me when they played Peebles this summer...i would say they will finish near the middle of the pack.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

1.)waverly...return key players from last year should make for a strong contender in the league this year
2.)oak hill...lose best player but return sloan hale and sophomore with good size not sure what his name is and a brown boy tall about 6'3 strong very solid player.
3.)south webster...lose older loop boy but return there overall best player and the younger loop boy.
4.)wheelerburg..lose bendolph and lang but return shankweiler (not sure if back to full go yet but sat out all last season and kind of a good supporting factor for why wheelersburg did as poorly as they did last season) and stegman
5.)valley...lost utley and coleman but still have there best all around player yates and a really good freshmen cast.
6.)northwest...lose leslie and crabtree return supporting cast k crabtree blankenship and d brown (if completely healthy could be deciding factor a higher rank in soc.)
7.)minford...lose oasch dont know about the rest of the team for sure but wasnt impressed with them last year
8.)west...always a downer during basketball season more focused on football with this team but still could upset a lot of teams this year.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Burg, Valley, Oak Hill, Waverly, and South Webster all look pretty even to me- with a slight edge to Burg. This will be a wild season in the league- it could end up in a two or three team tie for the title.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

I would like to see SW win the SOC2 this year but it will be tough with Burg, Waverly, and Oak Hill in the mix. This should be an interesting year to say the least. I am anticipating some intense games this winter.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

1.) Waverly
2.) South Webster
3.) Wheelersburg
4.) Oak Hill
5.) Northwest
6.) Valley
7.) West
8.) Minford

Waverly narrowly over SW
Wheelersburg narrowly over OH
NW and Valley dead even
Very competitive league again this year.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Dont forget Drew Cannon for the Oaks...he is back to 100% healthy now

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Coach Shoemaker is doing a good job and despite losses of seniors I think Minford will improve. Minford has no shooters or pure basketball players but has a lot of athletes.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This year will be crazy. I see Waverly and Kretzer coming for the title but SW returns a solid team minus Wes and Trevor. Seth Goddard will step up as a shooter for SW and when he gets hot, its over. I expect the Jeeps to be running 3 seniors in the starting 5 as well.

Burg is always there with coach Barrick at the helm and Stegman will come out strong as well. Valley will be there with a younger team I think? In 3 years I expect they will be Regional contenders. Those kids who won the 8th grade tourney can flat out ball. Not sure who Oak Hill is returning but I'm sure Norm can work with them

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If the Burg doesn't come up with some consistent guard play and outside shooting then teams will just pack it in tight in a zone and take Stegman right out his game like they did last year. It's really going to depend on just how the younger players contribute. You know they will play great defense because that is a Barrick staple, but it doesn't matter if you hold a team to 40 points if you can only score 36 yourself.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:Dont forget Drew Cannon for the Oaks...he is back to 100% healthy now
That will definately be a help, but Ondera is what made the team go the past 2 years. Without him, the team will look much different this year. The supporting cast was also good, but they did spend a lot of time watching Ondera play and will likely be somewhat lost without him.

BigEast23
Waterboy

Post by BigEast23 »

4th n Goal wrote:
crazee-oakaholic wrote:Dont forget Drew Cannon for the Oaks...he is back to 100% healthy now
That will definately be a help, but Ondera is what made the team go the past 2 years. Without him, the team will look much different this year. The supporting cast was also good, but they did spend a lot of time watching Ondera play and will likely be somewhat lost without him.

thought that the coach was the one to make the team go!!!???!!!??? :122248 :-D

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BigEast23 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:

thought that the coach was the one to make the team go!!!???!!!??? :122248 :-D

When was the last time you saw a coach make a basket, get an assist, make a steal, or get a rebound????

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Can anyone describe Coach Persin's 2-3 zone ?

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:If the Burg doesn't come up with some consistent guard play and outside shooting then teams will just pack it in tight in a zone and take Stegman right out his game like they did last year. It's really going to depend on just how the younger players contribute. You know they will play great defense because that is a Barrick staple, but it doesn't matter if you hold a team to 40 points if you can only score 36 yourself.
I agree Burg Grad 77 ..
They also need an inside out game if they do pack the zone in on Stegman.. Way to many forced shots ..
I believe they have the gaurds to make the shots and plays .. If they get the looks and open shots..
I see this team capable of winning the SOC, but it very well could be another .500 season as well.. I look for alot of close games within the SOC that could go either way.. They definatly need more offense output this year than last year..
Need a captain on the team that will step up and get the team ready on gameday and challenge their teammates and 5 unselfish guys playing together..

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I must be the only idiot around that thinks the SOC title will have to run through Burg- I honestly think with Shank back and everyone else they have to go along with Barrick that they are loaded.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

bucki4life wrote:I must be the only idiot around that thinks the SOC title will have to run through Burg- I honestly think with Shank back and everyone else they have to go along with Barrick that they are loaded.
I think Burg could be very dangerous this year as well, but we all thought that last year when Bendolph came to the team. Looking back, that may not have been the best thing for the team. As others have mentioned, outside shooting will be the key. If McBee, Shank and Ballard can keep the defense from sagging by making some shots, look out!! Stegman just needs a little room to work and he can get 20+ per game. It should be another exciting season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”