Riding the Bench

Re: OVC 2010-11

Post by balla4life »

And peake power have you ever seen eric kennedy play

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Sure I've seen him play. One of the elements of his game is that he passes well as well as shoots it great. I agree he will need defensive work but he's a panther and all panthers play D.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

Ok thank you thats all i was meaning. But yes he does shoot lights out which that will be another key factor for the peake. Who will start you think

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

At this point starts for the Peake would be

PG Patrick Hintz 5'8
SG Javon Thompson 6'0
SF Nathan Copley 6'3
PF Austin Mcmaster 6'6
C Colin Kennedy 6'8

Eric Kennedy would probably be the 6th man right now just b/c he does need to work on his D and he is learning a new system. And i think some people will be supprised at the ball handling ability of Thompson, you possibly will be seeing him play point alot also!

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

What about noble and is that all they will play is 7

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Colin Kennedy grew 3 inches? Wow

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

kennedy was 6'7 last year?

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

Dime-a-dozen
I am going to throw a slight curve into your starting five. I don't think that there will actually be a designated starting five. At least not for awhile during the season. I think that there is enough depth in the lineup that Coach Davis will/can modify his lineup "game to game" according to his particular needs. Coach Davis makes great match-ups. Here are (at least) the starting eight!
PG - Patrick Hintz 5'8"
PG, SG - Javon Thompson 6'0"
PG, SG, SF - Nathan Copley 6'2"
SF - Eric Kennedy 6'4"
PF, C - Austin Mcmaster 6'6"
C Colin Kennedy 6'7"
SF, PF, C - Brandon Noble 6'1"

Actually, I think it would be safe to say that Chesy could play as far as 10 deep this year. The reserves have come off of two years of excellent play and should provide more than adequate support this year.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

The Panther jr. varsity was 18-2 last year,as these kids mature, they will all get better.Coach Tomlinson has done outstanding job with the jv program,keep up the good work.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Manxious2, No way does this happen. I saw the scrimmage! Noble played before Eric Kennedy yes Eric played well but he is not ready to start for the Panthers he will contribute greatly though and I think maybe after the 1st couple weeks he might mix him in the starting lineup replacing Hintz or Thompson. Eric is still learning a whole new system and working on a new defensive scheme. I dont see Noble starting either! B/c he is a PF and he wont start over Austin or Colin and he is not close to 6'1, on a good day 5'11. Colin in the scrimmage looked like a stud and i think will be hard to handle this year. With Mcmaster running the floor and his athletic ability then Coply with his running abilty and deep threat, the quickness of Hintz, the ball handling of Thompson, the fire from Noble off the bench, and the size, skill, and deep threat from Eric Kennedy off the bench the Panthers are prime for another run to the Schott. I also think Nate Jones, Nick Duffield and Caleb Lindsey might see some action all three of them are hard workers. So i agree i also see possibly 9 guys seeing the floor! Which is much better than the 6 we hd last year!

So I will stick with my starting Line-up for at least the Gallia game.

PG- Hintz
SG-Thopson
SF-Copley
PF-McMaster
C- C. Kennedy

I may be completely wrong but hey thats why i am not the coach! And Davis is b/c he does a heck of a job getting everything out of these young men!
Good Luck Peake! Hoping for another Great Season!

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

Dime -a- dozen

I think you are wanting to make a dissent of opinion on something that runs counter to your initial posting regarding the "starting five". Use all of the arguments that you want. I simply stated that I think that there is a huge amount of talent (in varying abilities) that coach Davis will be able to utilize this season - at least eight deep, if not ten deep. My point is that I think you, or others, might think in terms of a traditional "starting five" for the season. There is good rationale to utilizing the "eight" interchangeably though the season. Of course somebody will have to be the "starters" for the first game this season, and I, unlike you, think that depending upon the circumstances any of these kids could start. I made no predictions who would start at the begining of the year. BTW, did you decide that Noble is a PF? just curious. If you noticed I listed each player and their possible playing positions (dictated by game circumstances). Most of those kids have the ability to adapt to other positions as needed. That is one of the great strengths of this team. The Panthers have a bench that is strong enough that they could start on most other OVC teams. BTW, Noble told me he was 6'1". Anyway, the Panthers are talented and deep...they will be dangerous this year and I think that you and I will agree on that.... huh?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

i will agree on that! How did i decide that on Noble well i saw him stand beside brad pike who in football i think was listed at 6'1 or 6'2 and they werent looking eye to eye! how would he be a PF well he is strong but not strong enough to be a Center and he could play SF as a defender but he doesnt shoot it very well! An i think Coach Davis will do the same thing he did last year i think we went like 3 weeks working Colin into the lineup then it stayed that way! And i truly think he might do that with Eric Kennedy. But if he doesn't start it will in my opinion will be Hintz, Thompson, Copley, Mcmaster, C. Kennedy! But hey we are all entitled to our own opinion!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The Tribune football preview had Noble at 5' 11' . But he could have grown since August!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

How did the previews go last night?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Cpeake is going to be a tough team to handle. Seeing them run the floor like that. And seeing Colin Kennedy's powerful one handed slam. Coach Ryan Davis didn't even have his starters playing together but for the first minute and 3o seconds of the game. And the most improved team would have to be the Dragons. I will take them in 2nd place!

Return to “Boys Basketball”