Best multi-sport athlete ever to play at SG

Rebels on 3
All State

Re: Best multi-sport athlete ever to play at SG

Post by Rebels on 3 »

07 was Derrick Beaver and Dewey Cantrell's senior year, they only lost like 2 or 3 games and made it to the playoffs and lost to Danville in a close one. That was the year Dewey broke the school record for rushing TD's.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Rebels on 3 wrote:If I'm thinking right I think Curt has the most overall points for the Rebels.
I'm pretty sure Jason is the school's leading scorer.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Jason might have the most. I know there pretty close around the same number.

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Uh Brutus, that 13-win season was broke by the girl's basketball team in 08-09 with 18 wins straight(18-2 regular season record), but I know we are talking boys.(Just stating facts. lol).
Last edited by U know? on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

For one this is not Danny, if you dont believe me ask Brutus who I am, he'll tell you. Also I played for the Rebels from 03-07 so I know what Im talkin about. By the way I never said Danny was close to 1000 I said Dalton was. Dalton has started varsity since he was a freshman and I asked one of the coaches if he would get 1000 and he said he was about half way there.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

U know? wrote:Huh Danny, you and your brother are close to your 1,000? And i'm pretty sure that Brutus would know all of this stuff that you think you do. Uh, by the way Brutus, that 13-win season was broke by the girl's basketball team in 08-09 with 18 wins straight(18-2 regular season record), but I know we are talking boys.(Just stating facts. lol). And Danny, sorry to say this, but if it's a jv team that wins 35 straight or whatever, it doesn't really matter. Just like when you score a point for jv, that doesn't count towards your 1,000 points.
I was talking about winning streak on wins in a season, the boys have had a lot more then 13 wins in a season anyway so where are you getting your 411 at. I played on the boys team that has the 13 game win streak record and my sister played on the girls team that had there win streak record so I think I know about it also... And yes I will back Rebels on 3 about what he said I would

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Rebels on 3 wrote:07 was Derrick Beaver and Dewey Cantrell's senior year, they only lost like 2 or 3 games and made it to the playoffs and lost to Danville in a close one. That was the year Dewey broke the school record for rushing TD's.
no that was the year they graduated, there senior year football season was 06 because it is played before new years day silly :lol:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

friday_nite_fan wrote:
Rebels on 3 wrote:If I'm thinking right I think Curt has the most overall points for the Rebels.
I'm pretty sure Jason is the school's leading scorer.
I think it breaks down like this starting from the most

Jason

Josh

Curt

and barely off of the 1000 point map is Kyle

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Curt has the South Gallia records for steals, assists, 3rd in scoring and I am sure he is high up there in rebounds and maybe leading in that category also

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Yes Yes lol you know what i mean Brutus. Also I saw where U KNOW? edited his post after he thouht I was Danny Matney, then he figured out that I wasnt so he had to changed it lol. But back to the topic over all Curt is the best athlete to go through South Gallia and it will be hard for anyone to top him. He was a great PG for the Rebels basketball team(led them to back to back sectionals). Also he was a great football player on both sides on the ball.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Yeah I knew what you were meaning but I had to say something against it because you were going against what I put on here

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Another good athlete we didn mention is Tyler Duncan. Tyler was a very good basketball player, and a pretty good WR for the Rebels football team.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Finally named one that went to the convo twice and to the playoffs twice too... He did go to the convo the 04-05 basketball season right?

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

No that was his freshman year, players that went twice to the Convo were Curt Waugh, Bernie Fulks, Josh Wright, Josh Skidmore, Ryan Geiger, and Steve Call. I think thats it.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

I know this is on the boys basketball forum....but there are a couple girls who rank up there also.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

bettis wrote:I know this is on the boys basketball forum....but there are a couple girls who rank up there also.
I agree there is a couple girls that are up there with the boys but they are lacking the statistics and acomplishments as a few of the boys mentioned.

Girls that I think should be included are Jenifer Sheridon, Nicki Fulks that I can think of right now.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Niki Fulks was very good at defense. Sheridon was a good shooter, but she took alot of shots that she should not have taken.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Rebels on 3 wrote:Niki Fulks was very good at defense. Sheridon was a good shooter, but she took alot of shots that she should not have taken.

Yes I agree and i got frustrated with them a lot because I thought Nikki should of taken a few more and sometimes Sheridon shouldn't of but I would rather of had her taking the shots in big situations also.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

I watched that Trimble SG game and Trimble scored the first 2 points of the game and then didn't have a lead until the 3rd at 47-45. After that the Rebels took the lead on a 3 and never lost it again

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I would love to see that game you should loan me that tape Brutus.

Return to “Boys Basketball”