Burg @ Waverly 12/25

The D
JV Team

Re: Burg @ Waverly 12/25

Post by The D »

The D wrote:Very true....but if they hit threes like we have all seen them do in some games this year, the inside lanes will open up for stegman and its game over...gonna be a close game either way...pullin for my pirates in a nailbiting finish

not gonna say i called it...but........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

Congrats Burg on big SOC win on the road!

hitman14
Waterboy

Post by hitman14 »

This was a very big win for the Burg.

happycamper
Waterboy

Post by happycamper »

Shane Ward gets my vote for player of the game. All over the place on both ends of the court. Way to hustle Shane!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

What was exact final score?

happycamper
Waterboy

Post by happycamper »

Final 47-44 Burg.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

was it just me or did both crowds seem absolutely dead until the end of the game?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The D wrote:was it just me or did both crowds seem absolutely dead until the end of the game?
It did seem that way. I think that it was a low scoring game and a Tuesday game contribute to that. Seemed like a good friendly back and forth between the cheer blocks though!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Jean Paul White hit 2 threes in the 1st and saw limited action in the 2nd and 3rd periods. He came in midway through the 4th with the Tigers still down 10 and hit 2 threes late, his last one to tying the game at 44 with .46 to play. No idea why he didn't see more action.

Two games in a row the Tigers come out after the break and play in a funk. A 17-4 3rd period killed the Tigers but they fought back to tie it but just couldn't pull it out. These close losses are really getting old.

Kretzer lead all scorers with 19. Stegman had 17. Jean Paul White chipped in 12 for the Tigers with 4 treys. Austin McBee chipped in 8 for the Pirates while Clay Massie added 8. Harrison Martin was limited to 6 for Tigers while Taylor Ward added 4 and Devin Kelly with one three ball. Shane Ward added 7 for the Pirates while Webb Ballard hit the game winning trey for his only points, Andy Slone with 3 and Brandon Schankweiler with 2.

Waverly was 2 for 3 from the line while Wheelersburg was 3 for 8.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Didnt understand why JP didnt play more for the Tigers.. He was there best threat from behind the arc besides Kretzer.. Burg once again failed to put people away when they had them on the ropes.. They strugglerd from the foul line which usually does not happen.. Couldnt agree more with soccerfix a well played game between 2 classy teams.. I thought Ward, Massie and McBee all had a good game for the Burg..

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Waverly settles too much on the offensive end. There must have been 10 possessions in a row in the second half that somebody not named Kretzer or Martin shot the ball. I'm not saying other players shouldn't shoot the ball, but we can't have that many possessions with the ball not going through one of those two guys and expect to be successful. I don't know what the Tigers do at halftime...group hugs or what...but the intensity coming out of the half isn't what it needs to be. This team lacks the toughness that great teams need...physical play has a tendency to get us out of what we need to do. I'm not a guy who's going to comment on dirty play. In my day, that's when one of your teammates rushed in willing to do whatever was necessary to protect his brother....that's not dirty...that's team. I kind of liked it when somebody spouted off or got red...that's when you rub your hands together and say "let's get it on, baby!"

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Sounds like this game ended just like the first one, with the Burg winning on a last second 3 pointer. Great win for the Pirates and helps them keep pace with Oak Hill in the SOC II race.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Last second losses, OT losses, losses with no time on the clock (Valley FT) are becoming the norm and the Tigers can't settle for that. Waverly has to get out of this funk and get this going. The Tigers have enough talent to be winning these games.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

[quote="Burg_Grad_77"]Sounds like this game ended just like the first one, with the Burg winning on a last second 3 pointer. Great win for the Pirates and helps them keep pace with Oak Hill in the SOC II race.[/quote

Exact same spot on the floor just 35 miles north.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

calipari wrote:burgs terrible
10-3 isn't too bad.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

Waverly comes out in a funk after Halftime because 4 of the starting 5 half not had a break in the first half. The two Bigs for Waverly need just a Quick break in the 2nd. You can't run your guts out for two quarters and then sit for 15 min and not have dead legs in the 3rd!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Witness,

Great point! I would love to see Zach Corcoran get more minutes. Zach might not give you many points, but he will put a body on somebody, and I guarantee somebody will feel his presence.

seeker
Waterboy

Post by seeker »

waverly lacks point guard. if they had someone to produce in that position they would be hard to beat.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

agree with no point guard. no one can penetrate and set up the big men. also struggle to handle the pressure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”