Re: FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by Just My Opinion »

Peake- Diddo, that is exactly my point.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

My ramblings:
Running up the score; First, Fairland fans must realize that this is the last game before the tournament seedings are determined this Sunday. Chesapeake wants to make a clear statement that they should be the clear cut number one seed in their district and what better way to make a statement by beating (rather badly) the school that will most likely be the number one seed in their own respective district (and rightfully so!). Secondly, if you noticed (or were paying close attention to the game) Chesapeake was playing 7 players the entire game. Beyond the fact of who starts at the game, there isn't a true starting five!; 3) I imagine that part of the coaching strategy was to have our guards "dog" Fisher from the time that he touches the ball to the time that he shoots or passes off the ball and that was done effectively. How many points did Fisher score? 4) Brandon Noble guarded Fisher a large portion of the game and absolutely shut him down. Although Fisher is an excellent player 'one player does not a team make'. 5) BTW, do the Fairland parents and administrators condone the absolutely obnoxious and crude (cussing) behavior of their students? They (student fans) are the worse in the OVC....bar none! 6) Coach Davis is preparing his team for the tournament run and is going to utilize every second of game time possible to gain momentum in this respect (no apologies needed here!). Fairland is probably the best team that we have faced in the last number of weeks and we needed a real test at this time. Finally, this was the big rivalry! What did you expect Chessy to do? Don't you honestly believe that Fairland would have done the same thing? 7) Coach Davis arguably could be one the best coaches in SEO but only time will tell, huh? But I will tell you that he does have class! All through this season he has played schools less talented than FHS and has liberally substituted his reserves early in the game/s. He is also trying to groom them for next year also.
Why don't you just give credit to Chesapeake for having a great basketball team and program and take the loss with class. I mean, in spite of many Fairland fans rooting against us at the St.Joe classic (when we played Ironton), I am sure that Chesapeake will be in Fairland's corner when tournament time comes along (unless you face us!)

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

Davis may be a very good coach but anybody can coach a team that has kids moving in from everywhere to play. And I am not saying that is wrong. I'm saying with that much talent, they would make any coach look great. lets see how I will say it again; they are a good team, very good but being proud and talking about your team is wonderful, at times you get abnoxious over it. I think that is the promblem people are having with it. Be proud and support your teams but dont rub in other peoples faces. IT WILL COME BACK AND BITE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish Chessy the best when toury starts.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

So us talking possitivly about our team is obnoxious? Sorry we have to continue to defend our players and program when all of these people on SEOPS say "they are recruiting", "Davis runs the score up", "Fisher would start for Peake". Now let me tell you how obnoxious that gets after you hear it for as long as we have! Kids can move in from wherever they want as long as they do it the right way and it was been done the correct way. And the two kids that moved in the past two yearsfit in perfectly! IT is like they have been there the whole time. The other obnoxious part is the fact that when you lose by 41 some FHS people still blame the reffs!

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

My guesse would be the starters were left in because of the classless comments made by Fairland players.This happened at the ST JOE tourney when they were in the stands cheering for Logan.This from a Fairland alumni.

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

buckeyes41 wrote:Davis may be a very good coach but anybody can coach a team that has kids moving in from everywhere to play. And I am not saying that is wrong. I'm saying with that much talent, they would make any coach look great. lets see how I will say it again; they are a good team, very good but being proud and talking about your team is wonderful, at times you get abnoxious over it. I think that is the promblem people are having with it. Be proud and support your teams but dont rub in other peoples faces. IT WILL COME BACK AND BITE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish Chessy the best when toury starts.
Alright, fair enough.. But what about when Ron Reed was here and our basketball program hit the dirt. Davis came in the next year and got the team back to winning ways with all "Chesapeake bred" players.. Four years later, we got 2nd his first year behind the undefeated pointers and have won it the last three seasons. Davis is an awesome coach who gets the best out of his players. He'd do anything for any of them and the players and community know that. Keep bashing him though, because I'd say your just jealous he's not at the helm of your program. And as far as people transferring in, the two that have transferred in the last 2 years are class acts and I'd take them over any of the students at fairland any day.. The way they acted at the game last night was a joke..

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

On the transfers: I'm not here to argue who lives where anymore, but people act like every player on this team has moved in from somewhere else to play. We have two transfers who moved here because they didn't like where they were at. You all also act like this was the first time that any team has ever had a kid transfer in. It happens everywhere. Give it a rest. Those two are fantastic kids on and off the court, and I'm glad to have them here. They obviously followed the rules because I'm sure OHSAA would have already been on it.

On being "poor sports": Wow. You can come on here and talk about how poor of a sport Coach Davis is, but you seem to forget about Fairland's student section yelling obvious cuss words as a group and getting away with it. Those kids are some of the worst I've seen, and administration isn't much better. At the Chesapeake/Fairland girls game, the students came up right behind the bench and screamed so much, the team had to move out onto the court during time outs. It took until patway through the 4th quarter for the principal to say anything, and that was only because someone's grandpa turned around to him and chewed him out. As for substitutions, you can't take your varsity out early every single game. They won't be able to finish a close game during tourney time because they're only used to playing 24 minutes a game. If you would have gone to the St. Joe game, you would have seen that Davis began filtering subs in with the varstiy during the 2nd quarter. Davis is a class act and expects nothing but the best from his players, fans, and students.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Post by FHSstudentsection »

It's called a student section.80% of the students are juniors and seniors.we all cuss and when we want to help are team in a tough game we will.at the girls game we screamed at the bench..well when you put a team in front of the student section what can you expect?fhs is well-known for being rude and obnoxious.and as long as I'm in it.it will be that way.with all do respect the best student sections are the worst (duke )

Shaynew--I was a member of that game and probably yelled the most.there was 2 members of the team sitting with us.Evan salyers,Ryan wooten ( and neither said anything at all) it was us students (section) cheering for ironton

And just to crap on your parade we LOVE being called those names.it puts wood in our fire to be worse.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Dime-a-dozen

The reason people say that is because when fairland people defend their team they get jumped on like previously did
I made this forum for opinions and thoughts on game.not for unsloving arguments about recruiting and starting line ups

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

first off "dime a dozen" I have no promblem with a kid transfering into another school. Most the time its for a good reason. doesn't bother me at all. And as far as blaming the refs. (dont know who said that) but if you get beat by as much as Fairland did, IT WAS NOT CAUSE OF THE REFS!! see the difference between myself and you are I see both sides not narrow minded and think the only team around here is mine. get over yourself and enjoy the game. people are goping to have different opinions than yours and there isn't anything wrong with that. I still will say Fisher would be the fourth player on that team. yes he was out of control at times but he was trying to put it all on his shoulder. cant blame a kid for trying. not his best game but he does get another shot. one more thing,not saying it is right but if you think Fairland student section is the only kids that curse than you are blind. Let me guess; Chessy students don't talk that way at times?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

^

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

The previous post by Fhs student should answer all questions about sportsmanship and class.they have none and are gonna get another beating Feb 19.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

When kids move in the District to play Basketball for a school ,it shows class and respect for a coach. The Chesapeake program is sound and respected.GO PANTHERS----MOVE ON DRAGONS AND GOOD LUCK IN TOURNAMENT PLAY.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

Also the reason they do not allow students to sit behind the opposing teams bench is an incedent that happened in the soc where a player went into the stands after classless,obnoxious students said something about his family ie his kid and a melee insued.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

here is the bottom line. chessy handled fairland pretty easy. cant deny that. chessy has a good team. cant deny that. what I would like to know is what does Chessy fans think of the Fairland team? cause all I hear from you all is how great you are. Does the fairland team have anything good in your eyes or anybody else in the ovc? I do see where people from other schools say they think Chessy is very talented and says good things about them but Chessy fans cant say anything positive about other kids.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

here you go buckeyes 41 fairland has a good record and nice uniforms and warm ups nuff said.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

The student section has no class.the team does.peake students have no class.the team does.once again which student section has class? Your clearly a player and I think I know which but oh well it's all a game

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

I actually told a guy before the game yesterday that I thought fairland had a good team and had a chance to stick with the us for awhile. Fuller looks pretty good, fisher is as athletic as anyone on the court and can shoot it, and Salyers is a good post player. Their team definitely deserves some respect. Their student section on the other hand, doesn't at all.

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

I'd like to know who spent all the money buying those magazines you ripped up and left covering the bleachers.. That was sure nice of you guys.. Kind of expected it though

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Not sure really ? A fan showed up with them...they were rapped up so looks like they got them through the mail

Return to “Boys Basketball”