#1 Warren vs #7 Waverly (District semi-finals)

Jump23
Freshman Team

Re: #1 Warren vs #7 Waverly (District semi-finals)

Post by Jump23 »

what is Warrens starting line up look like? (height?) (Grade?)

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

32, 16, 6 wrote:I'm at a loss for words, I watched Waverly play Portsmouth at Wellston, not much to go on as it marked the return of AB, which would proove to be beneficial to Portsmouths program, however, it makes it hard to determine how well a team plays only watching them once. It seems to me that Waverly stayed with Portsmouth. They have some players. My heart says BLUE wins this, but I tend to be like that.
This was the only time I seen Waverly too, and I'm a Portsmouth fan. That was our best offensive game of the year, to me cause Dion, Wayne and Andrew all put up numbers in da same game. Since that game I don't think all 3 have been clicking on offense at the sametime, but I could be wrong. Anyways, our defense that day wasn't our best but we put forth a decent defensive effort. After that game I came away impressed with Waverly cause we gave em a few knockout blows annd they hung right in.....we ended up winning by 17, but it never felt like Waverly was out of it. I was surprised they struggled like they did, down the stretch of da regular season, cause to me, they were a real quality opponent. With that being said I want the SEOAL to win. Represent well Warren.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Lets go Waverly... You can do this.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Good luck Waverly! It looks like the Tigers are coming together at the right time. Kretzer and Martin are a great duo when they are healthy and on their games.

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

I have a feeling kretzer is going to have the game of his life , and the rest of the tigers will follow up right behind him. I witness j.k take over a game at will. If he does so this game he will drop 30 and win by 10, and of course knock down a couple 3's.
Good luck from the piketon nation

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

....Pfloyd.... You do have a way with words and your math is right on also. See you at the Convo.
GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

Good Luck to both teams this Friday, Should be a great night of basketball! LE/Chilli then Warren/Waverly, WOW! Personally, I would like to see a LE/Warren matchup like last year but we have to get by the mighty Cavs first, get ready for Basketball 30 folks, it's gonna be a good one!

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

By no means will the Warriors take Waverly lightly. Martin and Kretzer are two of the best I have seen. I like their game. The Warren coaching staff is one of the best at scouting and getting information on a team. They will have the Warriors well prepared you can count on that. I look for a great game between two very good teams. I still like our BENCH in a close game, like this one will be.
GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I think the winner of this one is who can keep their composure all they way into the 4th quarter. If one team has more energy than the other, I look for them to win the game. Players can't get nervous and crack under this type of pressure.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

The Marietta - Warren Game is a tough measuring stick to use for scouting purposes. I am ashamed to say we really have not played like that all year. What you would have witnessed was "Don't Ever Give UP". When the offense wasn't there, the Boys in Blue played Defense. They still shot the ball, they still passed the ball, and they played basketball. Not only did they play to the 4th quarter, they played thru it, and played the OT. It may have taken the whole regular season, but I would say the Warriors are becoming a TEAM.

ROLLTIDE2010
Waterboy

Post by ROLLTIDE2010 »

I'm pullin for WHS with this one. However, I don't think the Warriors would enjoy seeing Ragland, London, and the rest of the Cav's gang come next week. I think a re-match with logan elm sounds good, but theres one game that stands in the way. Good luck to the Warriors Friday vs. Waverly!!

Blue Blaze
Waterboy

Post by Blue Blaze »

Warren has had a GREAT season so far!
It is the players and coaches work, their effort, and their game! Be thankful they are sharing it and enjoy the ride, it goes by quickly!
Thought this poem was appropriate with some comments on here! GO BLUE!

:12224 "The Builder" by Lou Holtz

I saw a group of men in my hometown.
I saw a group of men tearing a building down.
With a heave and a ho and mighty yell,
They swung a beam and the sidewalk fell.
And I said to the foreman, "Are these men skilled,
The type you would hire if you wanted to build?"
And he laughed and said, "Why, no indeed."
He said, "Common labor is all I need.
For I can tear down in a day or two
What it took a builder ten years to do."
And I thought to myself as I walked away,
"Which of these roles am I going to play?
Am I the type that constantly tears down
As I make my way, foolishly around?
Or am I the type that's trying to build with care,
In hope that my organization will be glad I was there?"

Warrior in WV
Waterboy

Post by Warrior in WV »

I personally would like to see Warren get another shot at Chillicothe! They have proven they can play with them! Like "almost" everyone was saying before Warren played Marietta, it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one season! Playing Logan Elm would be nice too! I'm sure AC hasn't forgot that last second shot last year that fell short! Need to get past a pesky Waverly bunch first! Should be a good game, Waverly is definitly better than their record shows!! Good Luck Warriors!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I think my pick in this game is fairly obvious.

I'd encourage the Boys in Blue to not take anything lightly...a seed line doesn't mean anything now. You fight for 32 minutes, more if need be, until you win. You play defense and rebound for all 32 minutes.

Come out with the fire and passion of a true Warrior.
And we'll stand up for those mighty Warriors, and we will this game!

Go Blue, and best of luck to both teams Friday night. Should be a great duel at the Convo

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'll take Warren there effort defensively & Cunningham being able to single handedly take the game over offensively will be the difference IMO Warren 63 Waverly 54

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

What are all you people from Warren going to do next week, if you get beat?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

soccerfix wrote:What are all you people from Warren going to do next week, if you get beat?

Not sure, what would you do?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Someone will go home in tears....has Waverly beat anybody this year?
Last edited by warriorfrosh on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Waverly's resume? Warren a home game? Hmm going into last yr Warren record in their HOME game at the convo in district play was 1-8 thats 1 win 8 losses so maybe before you ask about another teams resume you might want to know a little of your own History. Waverly's in that period is 5-6.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren wins by 11
Last edited by warriorfrosh on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”