CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

larrbird33
Waterboy

Re: CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

Post by larrbird33 »

Whats the scoop on the peak?Senn the peak play in the convo last year.The peak had a quick team with nice guard play.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

To anyone arguing Coach Lisaths ability to change, in his 7 years he has amassed 104 wins so far for an average of 14.8 wins per year. He has 2 SVC Championships 1 of which undefeated. 2 SVC runners up, 5 Sectional championships, 1 District and Regional Championship. You argue talent, yeah this year will mark just the 3rd player that played for Lisath to sign to play at the next level! Kyle Miller at Notre Dame college, and now Evan Legg and Keenan Brush at Rio Grande!

I dont agree with everything he does coaching wise, but to say he doesnt make adjustments is just not true. Out of bounds, you say just because what he done at the Waverly game shows he doesnt make adjustments! lol I have watched practices, countless scrimmages and games, and have coached these young men myself and he makes changes, you must not be able to see them! lol

larrbird33
Waterboy

Post by larrbird33 »

You should of seen coach Lisaths play for my trojans in 77.Coach Lisaths is the best coach in the area,he sends all his players to colleges to play basketball.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

eagles73 wrote:To anyone arguing Coach Lisaths ability to change, in his 7 years he has amassed 104 wins so far for an average of 14.8 wins per year. He has 2 SVC Championships 1 of which undefeated. 2 SVC runners up, 5 Sectional championships, 1 District and Regional Championship. You argue talent, yeah this year will mark just the 3rd player that played for Lisath to sign to play at the next level! Kyle Miller at Notre Dame college, and now Evan Legg and Keenan Brush at Rio Grande!

I dont agree with everything he does coaching wise, but to say he doesnt make adjustments is just not true. Out of bounds, you say just because what he done at the Waverly game shows he doesnt make adjustments! lol I have watched practices, countless scrimmages and games, and have coached these young men myself and he makes changes, you must not be able to see them! lol
Your right, I'm wrong, he is awesome!

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

larrbird33 wrote:You should of seen coach Lisaths play for my trojans in 77.Coach Lisaths is the best coach in the area,he sends all his players to colleges to play basketball.
:122249 cant argue facts
eagles73 wrote:To anyone arguing Coach Lisaths ability to change, in his 7 years he has amassed 104 wins so far for an average of 14.8 wins per year. He has 2 SVC Championships 1 of which undefeated. 2 SVC runners up, 5 Sectional championships, 1 District and Regional Championship. You argue talent, yeah this year will mark just the 3rd player that played for Lisath to sign to play at the next level! Kyle Miller at Notre Dame college, and now Evan Legg and Keenan Brush at Rio Grande!

:lol: get told

larrbird33
Waterboy

Post by larrbird33 »

Kyle miller had the talent to play at ohiostate university.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

larrbird33 wrote:Evan will get us through.
scratching my head....u a trojan or redstreak?

larrbird33
Waterboy

Post by larrbird33 »

I went to school in portsmouth. I now live in piketon.I support both teams.

PeakePanthers
Waterboy

Post by PeakePanthers »

i think the only thing going to be broke during this game is piketon's heart. Peake by 25

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Any word on how Evan is feeling? Heard he hasn't been at school, hope all is well.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

1st call to Redstreak Nation to rally up for the 2nd trip to Athens on Saturday night. Want to see all of the Sea of Red of the Redstreak Nation on hand for this game.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

curly neal wrote:im just a by-stander, but did watch all 4 games sunday. i see peake winning huge all the way thru the convo. take nothing from ryan davis, this guy has a loaded team and if the 6 8 kid from albany gave them fits what will they do against peake? does anyone else think the match ups are down this year, just doesnt seem to be the top notch teams across the board.

Huge? I could see them advancing out of this tournament, but i can promise you, the regional final will be an absolute war, because I see Ironton playing Portsmouth to play Peake in that game. And if you don't think either one of those teams will be a battle, you better see a doctor.

But I'll say Peake by double digits, very very impressive so far throughout the season and tournament, also I wish them luck. I'm rooting for an all Lawrence County Regional Final!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Chesapeake wrote:
pantherdad wrote:I believe, based on what I've seen of Piketon, that Chesapeake should be a 20+ point favorite. However, if Chesapeake doesn't show up to play, Piketon can no doubt beat them.
Is there a such thing as Chesapeake not showing up to play?
At this point, I don't think so. They know Piketon is talented and Davis doesn't accept less than 100% against any team, much less one like Piketon. Heck, we were all over Minford and Davis was furious with a couple of players' defensive effort early on. And they had only given up 1 point at that time!

Maybe I should say if the 'Peake plays to its potential, they should win by several. But they need to keep the pedal to the metal the whole game.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Chesapeake wrote:Chesapeake 105 Piketon 49 - Prediction
Come on man? Seriously? thats a joke. Piketon could play their worst game and still not lose by 50.

Piketon will win this game by 5 points. People are underestimating how good this Piketon team is. Peake is good, but not THAT good! this will be a good game! Piketon has more athletes than Peake can handle

KingJames
JV Team

Post by KingJames »

Now tell us the truth bc if you know anything about basketball you wouldnt pick Piketon

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Tobias wrote:There will be a huge contingent rooting for PHS.....

Piketon High School (7PM)

and

Portsmouth High School (9PM)

//////

Portsmouth fans will undoubtedly be rooting for one of our own in Coach Lisath.........

:mrgreen:
Sure they will !!!! they don't want to play the peake........

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I think I heard Trojan dave in that video

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

larrbird33 wrote:Evan will get us through.
:lol:i guess he can beat everyone all by himself.....don't even put 4 other guys on the floor :lol:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Just for arguments sake, Chesapeake had two first team all district players (1 Co POY) and another on the second team. Two of those players can throw down dunks and did in the previous game. I am curious as to why Piketon has all these athletes that Chesapeake can't seem to handle.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

peake who got poy? and r u going to make it to athens?

Return to “Boys Basketball”