Chesapeake v Garaway Regional Semi-Finals

Peake
SEOP

Re: Chesapeake v Garaway Regional Semi-Finals

Post by Peake »

we make threads for that so you don't clog up this thread where people actually post relevant content about the game. Not trying to be a butt, but we don't need two pages worth of scoring updates when there is already a scoring update thread created.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats Chesapeake on the win and good luck in the Regional Championship Game.

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

61-57 was too close for comfort but we'll take it.

Garaway went down swinging.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to Coach Davis and the Panthers on the win..

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Hard to believe Garaway gave up that many points. Oh well, they had 3 refs from New Phila area doing the District final vs. St. Clairsville.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

surfsider wrote:Hard to believe Garaway gave up that many points. Oh well, they had 3 refs from New Phila area doing the District final vs. St. Clairsville.
have you seen chesapeake play? if you had you would understand why they gave up this many points

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Chesapeake was up 20 at one point and fell asleep.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i bet thompson didnt disappoint!

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

I wouldn't say Chesapeake fell asleep. Garaway really turned up the pressure, subbing 5 in for their press and subbing back in 5 for offense. It was desperation time and it got them back in the game. It didn't hurt that they also started hitting 3's.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Coach Davis and the Peake - Complete class act. Best of luck.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Garaway is by far the best team aside from Logan, WV that I've seen the 'Peake play this year. Even with a 19 point lead, I knew the game was going to be closer than that. Absolutely no quit and those boys could shoot. Their big man was awesome. Hats off to Garaway and their fans.

I actually think it was good for the Panthers to go through that battle at the end. They've only had to do that one other time this year, so some lessons learned for the upcoming days.

Nothing is guaranteed, and you never know the outcome until the game is played, but I feel like the Panthers in their last two games beat the two best teams in the region outside of Chesapeake. Portsmouth would be the third best. As long as they come out and play hard, Chesapeake will be cutting down the nets at the Convo again.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:I'll catch then when they play Piketon in the district final on the 12th and when they play Portsmouth for the regional championship on the 19th at the Convo.

One to go as I posted 3 weeks ago. Peake 58 - Creek 51
Both teams won tonight so I finally get my wish from above, I'll be there hoping it's a good game. Prediction: Chessy 55 Portsmouth 48

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ptown matches up very well with Peake. Bendolph will be able to take Copley out of his game and they will be able to throw two big boys in Underwood and McKinley at Kennedy under the basket. Peake better come to play better that they did in the 4th qtr or Ptown could be cutting down the nets.

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

Bendolph will be able to take Copley out of his game??? I don't know about that... Bendolph is a good defender, but Copley is a great and smart player. Portsmouth was getting burnt by 'Burg players on back cuts and they weren't knocking down shots. I will guarantee Peake will take advantage of that and be getting good looks all game.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

My question and it is always my first question, who matches up with McMaster? He is the ultimate mismatch. Not often you see 6'5 guards, and when you do it really causes huge mismatches.

Return to “Boys Basketball”