Waterboy

Re: South Gallia vs. Notre Dame at the convo

Post by 80sballer »

ND Titans by 15

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

For ND fans ... South Gallia info ... http://trivalleyconference.com/South_Gallia.html

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Notre Dame by 10

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Notre Dame has too many weapons and superior coaching. I'd say ND by 22.

cows and chickuns
Varsity

Post by cows and chickuns »

Fortunately for South Gallia, this game will be played on the road. I hear those Runnin' Rebels can't seem to come up with a call in their favor out in Mercer-Vegas! :roll: :roll: :roll: So, and only because this game is at the convo, I'll take SG by as many as they want.

BUT WAIT!!! Since the OHSAA deemed Nils ineligible for the Saint Joseph Flyers, I have heard through the grape vine he is currently trying to take advantage of a new rule implemented by the OHSAA! According to the new rule book released yesterday, (They only print new ones on leap years), if ruled ineligible at one private school, one may have a single attempt at gaining eligibility at a larger private school in a neighboring county. Notre Dame would be very fortunate to pick up this student-athlete.
Unfortunately I never received the opportunity to play with Nils but I have seen film, and the kid can play. South Gallia avoided this force once, can they do it again? Only time will tell...

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I have not watched ND part this year or ever at all really but if they are as good as some have ben saying they will run away with this one. SG just can't win another game playing like they did to make it to this game.ND by 15+

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think SG will zone ND and pay close attention to Lewis. If SG can handle ND's press it could be a close game but if they cant ND can score 8-10 points quicker than anyone I have seen in while. I say ND wins by 7 or 8

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

ND by 25-30.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Gallia by 6

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

nd 70-55

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I think ND has their way no matter what defense South Gallia throws at them. Notre Dame is a very well balance team, if you focus on one person the next 4 will step up. ND by 15+

iam4osu
JV Team

Post by iam4osu »

South Gallia Sets the tempo of this game and play good team ball
I say my neighbors pull this one out.....Notre Dame is good and has
Talent but so does South Gallia.
This could be a barn burner....
Good Luck to both

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

I have seen both play and I think SG might be able to match up in the half court ok with ND if the officiating lets SG play physical, if the officials call it close and SG gets in foul trouble and/or has to lay off the physical play, I think ND will take it easily. I think ND press SG from the opening tip and if they don't get their press break down, it could get ugly fast. Like said before, ND can score in bunches when their press gets rolling and that can make for a long night.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Go Titans!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The games I have seen South Gallia play - they love to press all game, play up-tempo basketball ... If ND likes to play that way as well - this game could be real fun to watch!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

SG does not have the depth to run with ND for 32 minutes. Not trying to slam SG but they dont. I am sure that Coach Saunders knows he needs to shorten the game and control tempo or sooner or later ND goes on a run and its lights out. Saunders will have a solid game plan, the question is can his players see it through. Still think ND by 7 or 8

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Vision Quest wrote:I have seen both play and I think SG might be able to match up in the half court ok with ND if the officiating lets SG play physical, if the officials call it close and SG gets in foul trouble and/or has to lay off the physical play, I think ND will take it easily. I think ND press SG from the opening tip and if they don't get their press break down, it could get ugly fast. Like said before, ND can score in bunches when their press gets rolling and that can make for a long night.
ND is one of the most physical teams in the SOC if not district this year. If refs let them play this in my eyes would favor ND.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

JS7_22 wrote:ND is one of the most physical teams in the SOC if not district this year. If refs let them play this in my eyes would favor ND.
I do agree that ND is physical, but SG's form of physical looks more rough (not dirty) and prone to looking like a foul than ND's type of physical.

Karma2
Riding the Bench

Post by Karma2 »

Notre Dame might be the most unselfish highschool team I have ever seen. Not sure what South Gallia has and can not make a prediction of what might happen but I sure have enjoyed watching ND play this season. They are very deep and will run players in and out the entire game and wear you down. Good Luck Titans!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”