Valley's Incoming Freshman Class

valley23
Waterboy

Valley's Incoming Freshman Class

Post by valley23 »

Really excited to see this new group of freshman play some ball this year. This class reminds me a lot of the parting senior class as far as athleticism. I wonder how many of them will play some Varsity. Brian Rolfe should be a lock as a starter. The only way this doesn't happen is whether or not Scott will start his son. Hopefully no one will give him any flack for starting him if he does because the kid is special. I will predict that if he is given the chance that Blake Yates was given when he was a freshman, the scoring record will be broke in four years. Also excited to watch Blake Howard play as well. Those two may make for the most athletic duo that Scioto County has seen in any class for a very long time. Also this class has some brutes as well. Mainly thinking of Drew Wolford.
I'm excited to get these guys into highschool and see what they can do. They'll be just as good in football as well. The future is bright for the Indians!

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Re: Valley's Incoming Freshman Class

Post by Jim Mora »

Good class, Valley and Minford I would say are cream of the crop in the upcoming freshman along with I am sure Burg will close the gap(What was the scores of those games last year?) As for Rolfe, I don't think anyone who know the game will have a problem with him seeing varsity time.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Saw these kids play last season........they are very talented and should provide Indians fans with a lot of exciting, winning basketball over the next several years.

bucksfan23
Waterboy

Post by bucksfan23 »

Don't count out the 8th grade class coming in from Waverly. They lost to Minford in double overtime and also Wheelersburg in overtime. They semm to be getting better and better as they move on.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

bucksfan23 wrote:Don't count out the 8th grade class coming in from Waverly. They lost to Minford in double overtime and also Wheelersburg in overtime. They semm to be getting better and better as they move on.

i agree they played valley tough both games and i saw improvement in the second game...should be an interesting conference the next 4 yrs as well...

Return to “Boys Basketball”