DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Re: DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Your right bulldog...im not arguing I am not a Eastern fan I just happened to be at the Eastern/Miller game. I know supertrooper said Eastern was missing a few kids early in the season. I don't know much about that he would have to clear that up. I guess im judging Miller by one game, but you have made it clear that there your team too so I think both of our opinions are bias to a certain extent

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BigShooter wrote:Your right bulldog...im not arguing I am not a Eastern fan I just happened to be at the Eastern/Miller game. I know supertrooper said Eastern was missing a few kids early in the season. I don't know much about that he would have to clear that up. I guess im judging Miller by one game, but you have made it clear that there your team too so I think both of our opinions are bias to a certain extent
'My team' practices and plays just over the hill - behind my house - here on The Plains ... lol

I'm just looking at the situation from afar after seeing a lot of Hocking teams play this year ... I like coach Britton just as much as I do Bremer - and I finally got to meet coach Jeff Caldwell yesterday - and I've ALWAYS been a big fan of his ... if anyone remembers, ol 93Dog was A HUGE SOUTHERN fan last year (Pfloyd was about to ban me from posting on his Elite 8 threads because of it) ... lol

I like to 'call-it-as-I-see-it' and I thought Miller, being the top DIV team in the TVC-Hocking - standings wise - was enough to earn them a top 4 seed.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

[quote="93Bulldog"]

The St. Joe and Pike coach may have apologized to the Miller coach because quite frankly, they probably didn't know anything about them ...

If they didn't know anything about them then how in the world are we supposed to have a fair draw?
Maybe its time to just start putting names in a hat?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

it should be made clear that I'm not trying to say Eastern didn't deserve what they ended up with ... I've been posting comparisons with Eastern/MIller because that's the direction the conversation went.

I'm saying Miller should have been a TOP 4 SEED given their total body of work and their resume as a whole.

old bird ... good point ... maybe they should spend more time going over the info inside the rooms - that would be a start ... the DIV sectional was out after about 20 minutes yesterday.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I wonder if any of the coaches brought up the league rankings. Bc if they did it would have made sense that Miller was 3 Trimble was 4 and Eastern and Southern was going at it for the 5....So it was weird that Trimble got the 3 and Miller dropped to 6. I dont understnad how that happened. I do think Bremer is a coach of the year canidate there league record is more impressive then howie's league championship. Everyone knew howie would be good thats the only reason he went there, I dont think anyone thought Miller would go all the way to the 2/3 hole

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Cook was out the first 5 games and Pullins was out the first 4 games I believe. That's Easterns # 2 and 3 scorers and their 2 leading rebounders. Just to clear that earlier question up. I see them beating River Valley and Trimble at home if those 2 were in the lineup early on

smzgc03
Riding the Bench

Post by smzgc03 »

The Rader boy was out for Miller the beginning of the season also.Would have probably won a couple more.Miller is still the only team to beat Belpre and Wahama twice in the Hocking division.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

All this madness can be explained by one simple little word....

POLITICS

IMO, Miller should have been a 5 and Eastern should have been a 6... other than that... I think the seedings went the way they should have.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

LMAO at this whole topic. These teams were all under .500. If 3,4,5 and 6 all have similar records who cares who plays who. If it makes everyone feel better (3) Miller vs (6) Trimble and (4) Eastern vs (5) Southern. There everything is good now. We still have 4 teams with losing records playing each other.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

old bird wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
The St. Joe and Pike coach may have apologized to the Miller coach because quite frankly, they probably didn't know anything about them ...

If they didn't know anything about them then how in the world are we supposed to have a fair draw?
Maybe its time to just start putting names in a hat?

I find it hard to believe that they didn't know anything about them. Most of these coaches have scouted every team at least once. Ironman 92 I think anyone could have picked this bracket. I should have done the Valley bracket, I guarantee you I wouldn't have Whiteoak and Fairfield playing each other.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

IMO I think Symmes Valley is the big winner getting the #2 seed while I think Eastern Pike gets punished for getting the #1 seed like Southern did last year.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree but the kids at Eastern are excited to prove there selfs. Coach Fitch has had this group of kids so focused on this seasons tourney. After last years run to the Elite 8 the boys have compleatly sold out on the defensive end of the floor. Not saying there hasn't been nights where they haven't lapsed but over all there defense has carried them. They have 5-6 legit scorers and any one of them can light it up heck there top 3 scorers have 30 point games under there belts in there career not many teams can say that. But defense is what wins in March. Good luck Beaver Eastern Eagles keep grinding this weekend get that SOC league title !!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

RECORDS ARE STILL BEING UPDATED ALTHOUGH THE DRAW IS OVERWITH ... WILL DO THIS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Hopper 11 wrote:IMO I think Symmes Valley is the big winner getting the #2 seed while I think Eastern Pike gets punished for getting the #1 seed like Southern did last year.
Agreed Hopper 11,

Eastern Pike will need to bring their "A" game!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Not sure the argument for Miller still stands after South Gallia beat them last night. Come next week everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

The way Symmes ended the season they better right the ship or they stand a chance of getting upset. Looseing to Green and Western is a step back for them . At one point they were a real threat for the SOC league title but stumbled at the end of the season. If they get back on track they have the players to make a nice run .

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

lightle04 wrote:The way Symmes ended the season they better right the ship or they stand a chance of getting upset. Looseing to Green and Western is a step back for them . At one point they were a real threat for the SOC league title but stumbled at the end of the season. If they get back on track they have the players to make a nice run .

Waterford won big last night. I could see this being a very interesting game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Parkersburg paper had it Waterford 58, Frontier 55.

just sayin

:)

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

93Bulldog wrote:Parkersburg paper had it Waterford 58, Frontier 55.

just sayin

:)

You trying to punk me? lol. I was going by what I read on here. Plus building up the #2 seed versus #7 seed game a little.

Return to “Boys Basketball”