Logan at Vinton County

Spartan
All Conference

Logan at Vinton County

Post by Spartan »

Any thoughts? :)
Last edited by Spartan on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan at Wellston

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan ... no Wellston matchup on the Logan schedule ... Logan plays in McArthur vs Coach Combs' Vinton County Vikings tomorrow night , 1/22 ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

please don't confuse me with a topic like that ... I've got enough on my plate already ...

:)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LMAO !!!! the TVC is big enough isn't 93dog ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

TVC isn't too bad when its just the boys ... but when you throw in the girls ... and then toss in the sectional records ... then the sectional girls records ... Arrggghhhhhhhh ...

nothing like trying to locate a Rock Hill versus River Valley saturday night girls result ... lol ... or if Crooksville girls won on a Wednesday night ... or how about Symmes Valley vs Franklin Furnace Green girls score?

The DIII jackson girls sectional is massive ... 15 teams stretching from Fairland/Chesapeake/Ironton area - all the way over to Crooksville - and then back up to Chillicothe Zane Trace. Its crazy how many different teams from different areas are in that sectional.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Logan at Vinton County

Post by pfloyd »

... this one going to be a 3 game night ? ... the Logan Freshmen/JV's have worked their way back to .500 on their seasons while the Varsity SHOULD BE more in the range of a 7-4 squad had it not been for "execution" problems down the stretch in at least 3 key games ... Coaches can coach all of the X's and O's BUT players have to execute on the court when it's crunch time ... in the Chiefs last game vs Chillicothe (an OT Logan W) the Purple were able to get the "W" down the stretch instead of folding - hopefully the ability to execute when the game is on the line stays part of the LHS resume' heading into McArthur to take on VC ... VC will be one of the quickest all around teams LHS has faced/will face ... VC is definitely "size disadvantaged" but quicks/speed on the defensive end AND in getting to the rim on the offensive end are killer traits ... VC vs the size disadvantage they faced in Athens were unable to get to the FT line (0/0 for the game) ... Coach Combs will make sure THAT napkin stat doesn't hold true on the VC home court ... I see the Vikings playing tight defense on the perimeter to take advantage of the LHS shortcomings at the PG position to score in transition ... Logan will look to pound the ball into the paint - if they can bring back the Teays Valley game where LHS scored every fg from the blocks in - Coach Helber would take it ... forcing the ball down low tends to get you to the line - LHS wants to go to the line even if they are only shooting 50% from the stripe ...

... will be an interesting game to watch from the cheap seats ... it will give me a 2nd "eye test" on Coach Combs' TEAM ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ! you doing the color for this game ? or is it 970AM won't be doing the game due to it not being the Bulldogs ? ...

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

pfloyd wrote:... will be an interesting game to watch from the cheap seats ... it will give me a 2nd "eye test" on Coach Combs' TEAM ...

Since Doggie won't be there, you gotta look me and Dundas up....we'll be able to hook you up with some decent seats. :razz:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

VC by 13

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Vinton County will expose Logan's turnover problems as in any sports speed and quickness kills and VC will take control of this game and win by 8-14 points, Good luck Chiefs!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ty Webb wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... will be an interesting game to watch from the cheap seats ... it will give me a 2nd "eye test" on Coach Combs' TEAM ...

Since Doggie won't be there, you gotta look me and Dundas up....we'll be able to hook you up with some decent seats. :razz:
Definitely! I've yet to meet the famous pfloyd! Or bulldog for that matter. I stuck around after the Athens game hoping to meet him but he ran out as fast as the refs ;)

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Athens only shot 3 ft's until VC HAD to foul at the end. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black Dundas.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Have to get my fill of high school hoops tonight. Friday is not looking good according to the weather man!!! Looks good for my business though, as we do snow removal!!! If Logan is comparable to Athens, hopefully the Vikes did their homework!! Lets Go Vikings!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Joking sparty. Relax :)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm pretty sure I met and talked to you a few years back, Dundas ...

lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Must have been an imposter bulldog. Facebook and email is the only communication we've had...I think lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas wrote:Must have been an imposter bulldog. Facebook and email is the only communication we've had...I think lol
I sat and talked for a few minutes with a guy down at Vinton County - a few years back - that said he was 'DUNDAS' on SEOPS. All I remember was he was a thin fella with long hair - that's about all I can recall. It might have been the 2009/2010 season.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Understand the Athens-Logan game scheduled at the start of the season has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 29. Is the one injured Bulldog back yet?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jottings wrote:Understand the Athens-Logan game scheduled at the start of the season has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 29. Is the one injured Bulldog back yet?
Jan. 29th is correct ... and no, Ryan Leuhrman has yet to suit up.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

VC freshman and JV have won so far. Varsity is up next.

Return to “Boys Basketball”