9. West
10. South Point
11. Rock Hill

*Post yours

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jimmy's SE Sectional Bracketolgy

Post by Ironman92 »

Is this what you think will happen or what you think should happen?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

How I'd vote...right now

1. Zane Trace
2. Nelsonville
3. Fed Hock
4. Crooksville
5. SE
6. Wellston
7. Meigs
8. Belpre
9. Alex
10. RV

1. Piketon
2. Eastern Brown
3. North Adams
4. Peebles
5. Huntington
6. Paint Valley
7. Westfall
8. Adena
9. Lynchburg
10. Northwest
11. West Union

1. Ironton
2. Minford
3. Oak Hill
4. Valley
5. Peake
6. Portsmouth
7. Coal Grove
8. Burg
9. West
10. SP
11. Rock H

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'd have my Athens #1 Zane Trace the #5 in the Jackson sectional and my Waverly #3 North Adams would be a #5 in Jackson. My #6 at Waverly would be my #10 at Jackson.

That being said....the sectionals aren't as lopsided as they've been the past 3 years.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

I agree with all 3 sectional picks Ironman92 .. Saved me from typing it all out .Thanks.. Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure on the #3 seed at Waverly....Peebles has a better record by a couple games and North Adams lost again last night to a Ripley team that hasn't been very good this year....but North Adams beat Peebles twice this year by 6 and 23 points.....if the records stay close I go NA....but one more slip up and I put Peebles above them regardless.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Ironman92 wrote:Not sure on the #3 seed at Waverly....Peebles has a better record by a couple games and North Adams lost again last night to a Ripley team that hasn't been very good this year....but North Adams beat Peebles twice this year by 6 and 23 points.....if the records stay close I go NA....but one more slip up and I put Peebles above them regardless.
My honest opinion is Peebles is the better team . And I would have them over North Adams after looking at it closer. Some times there are teams that just have the others number even tho it's clear they are not the better team .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

91Grad wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Not sure on the #3 seed at Waverly....Peebles has a better record by a couple games and North Adams lost again last night to a Ripley team that hasn't been very good this year....but North Adams beat Peebles twice this year by 6 and 23 points.....if the records stay close I go NA....but one more slip up and I put Peebles above them regardless.
My honest opinion is Peebles is the better team . And I would have them over North Adams after looking at it closer. Some times there are teams that just have the others number even tho it's clear they are not the better team .
North Adams seems more upsettable and I imagine they just know the Peebles stars so well. You look at how Peebles has not been upset in the SHAC and were respectable against Ironton but North Adams has been upset a couple times in the league and got mashed at Valley....but winning 2 vs Peebles twice and once badly carries significant weight.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

North Adams has the players to be very dangerous. Good guards and athletic bigs. I wouldn't want to game plan for them.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lightle04 wrote:North Adams has the players to be very dangerous. Good guards and athletic bigs. I wouldn't want to game plan for them.
They have the appearance of a district semi team.....does the #3 or #4 Waverly winner face one of the Athens sectional teams?....if so the could sneak a district final...

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

The Waverly 4 seed winner plays Jackson 1. Waverly 3 plays Athens 2

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

without the super sectional the jackson teams seem to get screwed. it would be real interesting to see these schools ranked from 1 to 32 and see how the brackets shake out. i know one of the drawbacks of the super sectional is travel but in the sw they play at western brown, monroe, and this year loveland instead of turpin. in the past ripley has gone to monroe when they could make the short drive to western brown. for a chance for a win or two teams are willing to do a little travelling.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

sparky wrote:without the super sectional the jackson teams seem to get screwed. it would be real interesting to see these schools ranked from 1 to 32 and see how the brackets shake out. i know one of the drawbacks of the super sectional is travel but in the sw they play at western brown, monroe, and this year loveland instead of turpin. in the past ripley has gone to monroe when they could make the short drive to western brown. for a chance for a win or two teams are willing to do a little travelling.
It would be interesting to see them ranked 1-32 and my money would be that 1-9 in the Jackson sectional currently would be making a trip to the Convo with a first round W ....

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

Portsmouth is 7-10.

You have them too high at #6.

They will be a #8 or #9.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yes all these teams already don't want to put Ironton number 1 but I think they are forced to. They are going to try to make it as tough as possible I look for Portsmouth vs Ironton matchup for districts on the line.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

It would be interesting to see them ranked 1-32 and my money would be that 1-9 in the Jackson sectional currently would be making a trip to the Convo with a first round W ....[/quote]

Seriously? Ironton seems to be the only team that is a cut above Eastern Brown, Piketon, Zane Trace and Nelsonville. I don't think Minford, Valley, Oak Hill and the others are no more talented than they are.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Jimmy the Greek wrote:It would be interesting to see them ranked 1-32 and my money would be that 1-9 in the Jackson sectional currently would be making a trip to the Convo with a first round W ....

Seriously? Ironton seems to be the only team that is a cut above Eastern Brown, Piketon, Zane Trace and Nelsonville. I don't think Minford, Valley, Oak Hill and the others are no more talented than they are.[/quote]
That was no my point .. The point I was making is if they ranked the teams 1-32 and then matched them up according to there rankings 1 vs 32 and on down the line , that your bottom half of the Jackson Sectional : Peake , Portsmouth, Burg , P West, Coal Grove would have more favorable match ups and win there game to make it to the Convo .. Year in and year out There are some very good teams that don't make it out of the Jackson Sectional because its loaded .. I don't think your #1 in the Athens sectional Zane Trace nor Piketon out of Waverly Sectional would want to be in the Jackson sectional and would much rather play in the sectional they are currently in for the reason of more favorable match ups to advance . And I agree Ironton is in a league of there own . I honestly look for them to win it all this year or at the very least make the final four ..and saying that I would think Minford , Valley , and Oak Hill if they are ranked 2-4 in the Jackson Sectional in no particular order would much rather be ranked 2-4 in the other sectionals and like there chances better on advancing

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:Portsmouth is 7-10.

You have them too high at #6.

They will be a #8 or #9.
Oh....they'll definately be the #8.....or #9, I did mine on how I'd vote.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think Piketon is the best team at Waverly, but I think they will be the 2 seed because of Eastern's better record. Since the league's are even on votes, it will come down to Northwest's vote.

I'll do some research and toss out my predictions later on. I like this idea.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

socfan wrote:The Waverly 4 seed winner plays Jackson 1. Waverly 3 plays Athens 2

So the #4 plays Ironton and the #3 plays Nelsonville......that's quite the difference.

Return to “Boys Basketball”