3/21-10:45 Ironton vs Ottawa Glandorf @ Schottenstein Cen

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: 3/21-10:45 Ironton vs Ottawa Glandorf @ Schottenstein Ce

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

QUOTE"Wow. Just realized O.Glandorf took it all in 2008 div.III
also. They have a good sports program. See them in final 8 & 4 every year or so in football too.
Tough opponent ...QUOTE"

BUT...

I sure as heck wasn't saying "OUR" fantastic Final Four Fighting Tigers are not A tough opponent with awesome school sport history either.

I have tremendous thoughts that IRONTON is gonna dance this big dance DOWN & bring even more pride south bound!!!!

Gotigersgo!!!!

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Good luck Ironton! Will be there watching. At this point all the teams at the schott are the real deal. What's nice about Ironton is that the best player is on their team. Guard play in tournaments is crucial and they have the best one around. Supporting cast is not bad either! 68-64 ITOWN

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Good Luck Ironton...from the Chillicothe Faithful

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="philthyphil"][quote="Pete Eckhardt"]Anyone have a roster or any stats for OG?[/quote]

Check out the write up on elitetristatesports.com[/quote]

That roster says they have 2 6'7" kids but the pic I saw of the team doesn't have anyone that tall in it. I couldn't find a roster anywhere except on elitetristatesports I just wondered where he got that one at, cause the shcool website only has a pic. Idk I am so confused :?

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

If this OG team is anything like last years team when Portsmouth beat them down, Ironton can easily win this game as this Ironton team is very similar to Portsmouth's team last year.. Ironton by 10+ Good luck from Portsmouth. BRING IT ON HOME TIGERS! With Roger Bacon being "upset" it leaves it even more open for Ironton to take!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

C'mon Tigers. Bring back the state title!!
After you dispatch OG, i'll be watching you win the state on STO here in Houston!

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

Can somebody tell me if I can get tickets to the semi finals at the school or where to get them?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on their regional win and their 3rd Final 4 appearance in school history........having watched Ironton about half a dozen times this year, I really believe the Tigers can win this game.......I haven't seen anybody yet that can guard Zac Carter........last year vs. Ottawa-Glandorf, Wayne Evans and Jayllen Carter of the Trojans scored 47 points combined. The 74-66 Portsmouth win was the most points the Titans gave up all year.

I think Zac can have a big game, but I think it is very important for a 3rd player to step up for IHS.......I'm sure the game plan by OG against the Tigers will be to minimize Carter as much as possible. But that will be easier said than done. The OG bigs are very good, so the frontline of Ironton will have to be on their game and stay out of foul trouble. Imperative for Trey Fletcher to stay on the court and not be sitting on the bench with 2 or 3 fouls in the first half.

Ottawa-Glandorf is a very good program (State Champions in 2004 and 2008), and even though the Trojans beat them last year, they gave us all we could handle. Obviously this is their second straight Final 4 appearance, so they will be hungry to get the state title this time. One concern I have is that the Fighting Tigers haven't been seriously challenged in the tournament. Ottawa-Glandorf has already been in the pressure cooker, having go to OT to beat Bloom-Carroll in the regional final.

If Ironton is on their game, they can win not only this game, but the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hey trojandave, hope to see some portsmouth blue in the stands thursday.

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Tickets are on sale at the Conley Center at the concession window for $8. I know they went on sale tonight at 7:00 PM, but I am not sure of the times for tomorrow and Wednesday.

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

Thanks hammer

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Good luck to the Tigers! Bring that title to southern Ohio.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Git'r Done FIGHTING TIGERS !!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ... Purple Hippo Power is with YOU!!!

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I don't know who decides the seating chart, but I think it is awful that parents have to sit in the end sections and the prime sideline seating is reserved for administration!!!!!! They didn't give birth to and raise those kids on that court with blood sweat and tears!!! It is a slap in the face!!!!!! We have put everything into these kids and get crappy seats!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck to the tigers from west portsmouth.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

86Tiger wrote:I don't know who decides the seating chart, but I think it is awful that parents have to sit in the end sections and the prime sideline seating is reserved for administration!!!!!! They didn't give birth to and raise those kids on that court with blood sweat and tears!!! It is a slap in the face!!!!!! We have put everything into these kids and get crappy seats!
I have been going to the state tourney since around 1983 and the seating assignments were that way at St John's Arena and it will continue to be that way for a long time........If you want to know who gets a lot of the good seats in the lower bowl, check the scalpers outside the Schott and you will have a better understanding of how the system works............. :roll: :roll:

Good luck to the Tigers.........

LITTLE TIGER
Waterboy

Post by LITTLE TIGER »

ARE THE TICKETS WE BOUGHT AT THE CONLEY CENTER LAST NIGHT JUST GOOD FOR THE IRONTON GAME ONLY,DO YOU HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE & BUY TICKETS FOR THE SECONG GAME AFTER THAT??

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

LITTLE TIGER wrote:ARE THE TICKETS WE BOUGHT AT THE CONLEY CENTER LAST NIGHT JUST GOOD FOR THE IRONTON GAME ONLY,DO YOU HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE & BUY TICKETS FOR THE SECONG GAME AFTER THAT??
that ticket is good for one game only...........and you will be forced out of the Schott after the Ironton game..........

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Tough 61-60 OT loss for Ironton ,but a great season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”