Friday scores before the storm.....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Friday scores before the storm.....

Post by biggdowgg »

Did fairland and Ironton get their game in?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis 66 Jackson 49
Reserves
Jackson 51 Gallipolis 30
Freshmen
Gallipolis 48 Jackson 36

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

With a win tomorrow the Warren Jv team will be 22-0 for the 2nd time in three years and own a 64-2 mark over the last 3 seasons.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

WHS95FAN wrote:With a win tomorrow the Warren Jv team will be 22-0 for the 2nd time in three years and own a 64-2 mark over the last 3 seasons.
When does the OHSAA JV BASKETBALL STATE TOURNAMENT start? I can't find it anywhere on the website. I can't find the state polls for the JV too? WARREN JV = DYNASTY! LONG LIVE THE RESERVES!

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

noreply66 wrote:
enigmaax wrote:Warren sweeps Logan:
FR: 55-39
JV: 57-33
V: 66-55
Logan finishes 1.5 points ahead of Warren in winter sports towards the All/Sport Trophy
You also got us in fan ejections and players refusing to shake hands, so I guess you are on a roll.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

No reason to be a smart @ss, being undefeated on any level is an accomplishment that deserve recognition regardless.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

WHS95FAN wrote:No reason to be a smart @ss, being undefeated on any level is an accomplishment that deserve recognition regardless.
I apologize, COACH... Good luck prepping your way to a varsity gig next year. And by the way, I was a little disappointed in the freshman team this year. Lacked defensive intensity IMO. Try to work on that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

WHS95FAN wrote:With a win tomorrow the Warren Jv team will be 22-0 for the 2nd time in three years and own a 64-2 mark over the last 3 seasons.
Being that the varsity squad is one of the best around.....the JV record says a lot for the program

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Wholly_Shnikeys wrote:
When does the OHSAA JV BASKETBALL STATE TOURNAMENT start? I can't find it anywhere on the website. I can't find the state polls for the JV too? WARREN JV = DYNASTY! LONG LIVE THE RESERVES!
Yeah, they should just stop keeping score at the JV level because it is so meaningless.

GaryGroundhawg
Riding the Bench

Post by GaryGroundhawg »

Really they should play on Wednesday nights that way we don't have to watch it before the Varsity game.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

enigmaax wrote:
Wholly_Shnikeys wrote:
Yeah, they should just stop keeping score at the JV level because it is so meaningless.
Now we're finally getting somewhere on here. I'll quote you when I take this to Dan Ross. Winning a JV league title is like leading the scoring championship at the local YMCA. It means... Everything.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

THEY DO MAKE BANNERS FOR JUNIOR VARSITY. BUT WHY NOT BRING THESE KIDS UP TO THE VARSITY AND RUN A MUCK UP AT THE SCHOTT. I PREDICT WARREN GIVES THE BIG GUYS A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY.... IF THEY BRING UP THE YOUNG ONES WHO HAVE NOT YET TASTED THE TART TASTE OF DEFEAT. GOOD LUCK

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Wholly_Shnikeys wrote:
enigmaax wrote:
Wholly_Shnikeys wrote:
Now we're finally getting somewhere on here. I'll quote you when I take this to Dan Ross. Winning a JV league title is like leading the scoring championship at the local YMCA. It means... Everything.
Should we add girls sports and soccer to that list? We all know that success amongst peers with common interests is what is killing this country.

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

I heard Jeremy Schaap from "ESPN: OUTSIDE THE LINES" was going to battle the elements to be on hand tomorrow to witness such an unbelievable accomplishment on UNGODLY proportions. I BET JOHN WOODEN IS TURNING IN HIS GRAVE AT THE MAGNITUDE OF THIS ACHIEVEMENT! LYNCH ME PHIL JACKSON!!!! THERES A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN! BOOYAH!

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

biggdowgg wrote:Did fairland and Ironton get their game in?
Ironton 57
Fairland 54
Final/OT

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Portsmouth West 60
Oak Hill 58

With only 20 games scheduled and one of those games not being played, West finishes the year at 11-8 and 7-7 in league play.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

You also got us in fan ejections and players refusing to shake hands, so I guess you are on a roll.[/quote]

You're gonna go with that? You're coach was also on the floor yelling at Logan's big man for fouling someone. That's a MASSIVE no-no.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Final

Ironton -- 57
Fairland - 54

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Chieftain2009 wrote:You're gonna go with that? You're coach was also on the floor yelling at Logan's big man for fouling someone. That's a MASSIVE no-no.
Addressed on the other thread. "On the floor yelling at..." is a gross mischaracterization. I'll just remind you that the player in question was the same one who kicked a player who was lying on the floor in the last game and then left the court after the game without shaking hands (this time it was just select folks who didn't get the courtesy).

I doubt it is a big secret that Logan's forte isn't sportsmanship, but it baffles me as to how the behaviors are defended, enabled, and even demonstrated by adults. My god, even the local sports writer explained away the complete mental implosion (beginning with two technicals) during the last game as the unfortunate by-product of the Warren student section's apparent Jedi mind control over the officials.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

enigmaax wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:You're gonna go with that? You're coach was also on the floor yelling at Logan's big man for fouling someone. That's a MASSIVE no-no.
Addressed on the other thread. "On the floor yelling at..." is a gross mischaracterization. I'll just remind you that the player in question was the same one who kicked a player who was lying on the floor in the last game and then left the court after the game without shaking hands (this time it was just select folks who didn't get the courtesy).

I doubt it is a big secret that Logan's forte isn't sportsmanship, but it baffles me as to how the behaviors are defended, enabled, and even demonstrated by adults. My god, even the local sports writer explained away the complete mental implosion (beginning with two technicals) during the last game as the unfortunate by-product of the Warren student section's apparent Jedi mind control over the officials.
I am i no way defending actions that "this player" has done throughout the year. It does seem he has a short temper, and sometimes gets in the heat of the moment. As for saying all of Logan "lacks sportsmanship," that my friend is a low blow.

Return to “Boys Basketball”