Gallia to honor Dr. Vallee

jottings
SEOPS H

Gallia to honor Dr. Vallee

Post by jottings »

During Gallipolis Gallia Academy's final regular season game school officials will honor long-time Blue Devil fan Dr. Gerald Vallee.
Dr. Valley has not missed a GAHS boys varsity game since late November, 1969, at home or asway.
Aftrer tonight's SEOAL game at Logan, the Jackson game will be Dr. Vallee's 999th straight game without a miss.
Officials plan to present Dr. Vallee an autrographed ball with his first game at Chesapeake in 1969.Chesapeake, coached by Mr. Lewis D"Antoni, won that game, 73-53, but GAHS won the second match at Gallipolis later in the season, 66-50, (That was the night Rio Grande College dedicated Lyne Center.)
Former players who have played for Coach Osborne over the years are asked to contact GAHS Principal Josh Donnally, Coach Gary Harrison or AD McNally and let them know if they plan to sign the ball.
Too, officials plan to honor Dr. Vallee in the Blue Devils first sectional tourney game at Ross Southeastern later this month when Dr. Vallee attends his 1,000th straight game which may not only be a state record but also a national record.
Last edited by jottings on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Re: Gallia to honor Dr. Vallee

Post by HoopsHotHead »

What a fan!!!....Almost 50 straight years of GA bball.......I can say that Doc is a hell of a man, I currently work for him and have a lot of respect for him as a Dr. and as a person.......he deserves any recognition he gets......hopefully GAHS and coach Harrison can get the win for him......Congrats to Dr. Valley on his record setting attendance!!!

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Great idea to honor Dr. Vallee and great fan, physician, and person!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I got a chance to talk to Dr.Vallee and Jottings at the PHS--GAHS game at the Centenary gym. Dr. Vallee is a true gentleman and a great fan of the Blue Devils. Very nice to see that he will be honored for his incredible loyalty to GAHS basketball.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

The Nov. 21 game was not only Jim Osborne's first game as GAHS head coach, it was also D'Antoni's first game as head Panther coach. D'Antoni had retired from the coaching ranks at Mullins, W. Va.,in 1957 to become principal at CHS.
In the Nov. 21 game, GAHS was led by Ron Ferguson with 17 points. B ruce Wilson (later GAHS principal) pumped in 13, Jack (Beep) Matthews 10, Tom Prose 6,Mike Noe 3 and Bill Thomas 2. Other GAHS players that year were Norm Gilmore, Steve Stebbins ,Mark Johnson, Gary Ballard and John North.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

Well deserved.
I will be in attendance.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Dr. Vallee always seems to be so supportive.
1000 straight games. Wow what a streak.

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

Well deserved.
I too will be in attendance.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

What is the date of GAHS last game this year.....in other words......when is this tribute to occur?

Thanks again Jottings for you stats each year.......you do a great job!!

If every team had a historian like you.....records and memories would survive a very long time!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Feb, 20 vs, Jackson is last home game in regular season. Won't know the first tourney game until Sunday, Feb. 22 drawings.

65RedDevil
Freshman Team

Post by 65RedDevil »

Congratulations to a fantastic person that I became acquainted with back in 1971! We've talked a lot of basketball in our days. Couldn't happen to a better person.

Return to “Boys Basketball”