Varsity

Re: Oak hill@Minford 1/13

Post by Badboy »

Better luck next time.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Looking at the video, the foul occurred on the floor. The player was grabbed before the act of shooting in my opinion. Yes, most of you know that I am an official and have worked with 2 of the 3 that had the game. Give them credit for staying calm during a close and heated game.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Lots of people are jealous of the great coaches. It never fails. Norm just outcoaches them, year in and year out.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Stumblebum wrote:Lots of people are jealous of the great coaches. It never fails. Norm just outcoaches them, year in and year out.
What is Norm's record vs Minford over the past 3 years?

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Not very good.Lost a lot of close games, that's the benefit of playing bigger schools to prepare them for the tournament.2 years ago (elite eight.)Saw a lot of minfird people at the convo watching that game.Hopefully with the young team they got they can put together a run this year.Especially playing the D -2 powerhouse minford to a 2 point game at there place with 3 freshmen on the floor, and of course the (foul on the floor.)

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Some of the greatest coaches I have ever known were given to rather salty language. I don't really approve of it, and I never did it. But, that doesn't detract from their coaching. As someone said, "Many of their players love and respect them for years and years." I still respect my high school coach, and I'm nearly 80 years old. You may not approve of Persin, but he is one of the best in the state of Ohio. No question about it.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Norm needs a dose of reality check. Albeit he is a good high school basketball coach, it's only high school. Too bad his demeanor isn't reflected by his knowledge of the game.

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

both of these schools have good coaches. oak hill and Minford should feel lucky to have coaches like them teaching your players just saying.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I can def. Say no one on here is saying he can't coach!! Man Can Coach!! But to me, there is more to it then just coaching. Ethics, integrity and many other intangibles goes into it.
Representing the School, Representing your community, Representing your family. Not sure if the standards meet up with this case, but hey, If Oak Hill is proud then so be it!! Just know, if my son wanted to play basketball it would not be for this guy. JMO

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Other than his language, what ethics or integrity problems are you referring to? If you are going to bad mouth a coach at least be specific and give examples.

Return to “Boys Basketball”