2014-2015 Meigs Marauders

coach_k
JV Team

2014-2015 Meigs Marauders

Post by coach_k »

Will this year be the year they finally turnaround and compete at the top of the TVC OHIO? They are a very young team and might not have big post players, but they have the speed and scoring threats this year. I personally think they will struggle a little this season, but will still have a winning season. All I know is for the next 4-5 years Meigs will be back on the map!!!

athens78
All State

Re: 2014-2015 Meigs Marauders

Post by athens78 »

I see the same as always and every year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Could someone on the Meigs web site send me a 2014-15 boys varsity cage schedule?? Thanks.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

NOV. 28 --------------------PREVIEW------------------------TBA
DEC. 5 ----------------------WARREN------------------------HOME
DEC.9 ----------------------FAIRLAND----------------------HOME
DEC. 12 ---------------------ATHENS------------------------AWAY
DEC. 16 ---------------------JACKSON-----------------------HOME
DEC. 19 -------------------ALEXANDER----------------------HOME
DEC. 20 --------------------SOUTHERN----------------------AWAY
DEC. 27 -------------------GALLIPOLIS----------------------AWAY
DEC. 30 ------------------CHESAPEAKE----------------------AWAY
JAN. 3 -----------------FEDERAL HOCKING-----------------HOME
JAN. 6 --------------------WELLSTON------------------------HOME
JAN. 9 ------------------VINTON COUNTY--------------------AWAY
JAN. 13 ---------------NELSONVILLE YORK------------------AWAY
JAN.16 ------------------RIVER VALLEY----------------------HOME
JAN. 20 ---------------------BELPRE--------------------------AWAY
JAN. 23 ---------------------ATHENS-------------------------HOME
JAN. 24 ------------------BERNE UNION----------------------AWAY
JAN. 31 --------------------EASTERN-------------------------AWAY
FEB. 3 --------------------ALEXANDER-----------------------AWAY
FEB. 6 --------------------WELLSTON------------------------AWAY
FEB. 10 --------------NELSONVILLE YORK------------------HOME
FEB. 13 ----------------VINTON COUNTY-------------------HOME
FEB. 20 -----------------RIVER VALLEY---------------------AWAY

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

They have any scrimmages this week?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

eaglesrock wrote:They have any scrimmages this week?
Yeah they scrimmage Saturday @ Fisher Catholic.

They looked pretty good last week against Eastern Pike, We are a VERY young team, started 3 Sophomores in the scrimmage.
The Sophomore and Freshman Class are loaded with talent.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

The scrimmage @ Fisher Catholic this Saturday is a Tri-Scrimmage. Meigs, Fisher Catholic, and Lucas(Mansfield). Should be a fun day of basketball. Look forward to seeing Coach Frye and McKnight.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

What time is that scrimmage at Fisher?

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

eaglesrock wrote:What time is that scrimmage at Fisher?
Last time I spoke to Coach McKnight we are slated to begin at noon.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

So I heard last night that Meigs along with Eastern will not be playing in the Shrine preview. Sad to say that the preview over the last few years is going down hill and I can see it going away at some point which would be terrible. I think by Athens moving it to a start time on Friday of 2 or 3 has really hurt. You have black Friday and believe it or not, now days a lot of people have to work the day after Thanksgiving. When this was held on Friday night and all team were made by the league to play in it you could hardly get a seat in the place. Also if Athens and Trimble win in football will they play in it? Athens may have enough to play but it won't be the true team and Trimble probably won't play because they probably have all the players on the football team. Then take Waterford that never plays in it.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

You are correct, Meigs isn't playing in it, the majority of the coaches and kids will be out of town for Thanksgiving.

DiEsEl
Waterboy

Post by DiEsEl »

Meigs is a well coached team with good ball players should do well in their conference.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

I think meigs may have a good chance of winning 6 or 7 games this year

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:I think meigs may have a good chance of winning 6 or 7 games this year
I would have called you crazy for thinking they would only Win that many games this year, But Meigs got some very bad news to start the season. One of the players tore his ACL in the scrimmage Saturday and will miss Basketball and Baseball his Senior Year.

I'm still going to say they will Win more than 6 or 7 games this year because the new Coach knows what he is doing. This coach doesn't care about who the kid is, he will put the best talent on the court. Meigs will be starting 3 Sophomores this season and so far in the scrimmages they have adjusted to the Varsity level pretty well. Our Sophomore and Freshman class are loaded. I know everyone says that about the program they support, but in this case it's like the State Champion Eastern Lady Eagles. These underclassmen at Meigs have been playing together just like those girls have since biddy ball and a few members of the coaching staff knows what those boys together can do and can use it to their advantage.

It still might be a .500 season (I think we will be a little over that) Many people are gonna be surprised by the improvement. Laugh all you want, but this year Meigs will start getting some positive recognition of becoming a successful basketball program. We have a very tough schedule starting out, in which is gonna be good to see what kind of season we are gonna have this year.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

I'm gonna predict a 12-10 season.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Herd the bad news that is why the prediction was lower I hope the best for him but as for the sophomores I think only one is worthy and he didn't play varsity last year

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Coach_K wrote:

I would have called you crazy for thinking they would only Win that many games this year, But Meigs got some very bad news to start the season. One of the players tore his ACL in the scrimmage Saturday and will miss Basketball and Baseball his Senior Year.

Is this what ended up happening? If so, I'm sorry to hear that; that was a very gruesome event to see when he crashed into the wall.

I thought Meigs showed promise at times. Their 2-3 was sicker than a staph infection. The player who wore #5 for the Marauders last Saturday is a very good athlete.

I don't know enough about Meigs or their schedule to make a prediction, but they have a good coach and some talent. They may not win their league, but they could be good for a win or two in the post-season.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:Herd the bad news that is why the prediction was lower I hope the best for him but as for the sophomores I think only one is worthy and he didn't play varsity last year
I know which one you are talking about, He definitely should have been on Varsity last year. Although with the coaching last year, I don't think he would have made a difference in the season. Cody Bartrum struggled last year as a Freshman starting varsity, but he is much improved this season and will even get better. I look for English to have a good season as well. He gets along with the underclassmen and will be a great team player. Our weakness will be the big man down under with the injury mentioned above. Stepping in will more than likely be Jaxon Meadows, in which improved this season in AAU ball. Starting out, I feel like we don't have depth on the bench, but I think before season end, there will be some players moved up from the JV/Freshman team that could see playing time and make an impact.

I just wish Dec. 5th would get here already, I'm ready to get started. And yes our 2-3 Defense is awesome!!!

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

I can't wait either I'm just a basketball junkie that can't get enough. I watch three different schools every year depending on where they play home or away.blue devil's being first then rivervalley then meigs good luck to all

DiEsEl
Waterboy

Post by DiEsEl »

I predict Meigs either wins or comes in second in the league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”