Best Players In The TVC Hocking

Super trooper
All State

Re: Best Players In The TVC Hocking

Post by Super trooper »

I agree that Wolfe isn't very good with his right hand but he is an animal on the glass and he shoots very well from 2. I agree he shouldn't shoot many 3's because he hardly misses from 2. But if you were starting a team right now who would you pick? It would have to be couch or Wolfe

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

Me Honestly, I would have Hunter Rose from Wahama as my first option. I have watched him a lot this year and he averages 24-25 a game, and I like his explosiveness on offense and he has some nice moves when he drives and he has a beautiful shot, and drains a lot of threes. Also, for his size, he gets a lot of boards well for his position. He can also pass good and get assists when he wants, he don't get many but he can pass really good. In transition he pushes the ball pretty hard and he's almost unstoppable in transition, idk I like him a lot and love watching him play.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

jonboy2345 wrote:Wolfe is not unguardable. All you have to do against him is make him go right, and back off of him a little when he's on the three point line. Because he's not really consistent with his three point shot. Brayden Greer has been struggling and so has South Gallia, it's becuse they have enough film on Greer, all they have to do is play a box and one on him, and there done.

You mean like @ Fed Hock when Brayden had 31 and SG won with Fed playing Box-in-1 the whole game?

I agree that a lot of teams play the box against him but here are his stats and they speak for themselves:

22.3 PPG (50.2% 2FG, 35.2% 3FG, 70.2% FT)
6.4RPG
6.1APG
3.8 Steals PG

Wolfe is also a great player that I have the UTMOST respect for having coached him over the years. He has a will that most players just don't possess.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Rose's only problem is he doesn't like to guard

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

Greer also has the ball everytime down the court, he shoots a lot and has the ball in his hands to get his assists, that's why he has 22 a game he shoots a lot and has the ball in his hands everytime

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

Yes that is true, Rose can be lazy on defense sometimes and saves a lot of his energy for offense. If we wants to play college ball he had to pick up the defense. He's a great scorer and can score in a variety of ways and that's why he's probably the best scorer in the TVC.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

jonboy2345 wrote:Greer also has the ball everytime down the court, he shoots a lot and has the ball in his hands to get his assists, that's why he has 22 a game he shoots a lot and has the ball in his hands everytime
Somebody's got a snowday...

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

That's cute. I wish I had a snow day too

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

My picks (JMHO)

1. Greer
2. Couch
3. Wolfe
4. Snider
5. Guthrie

Not sure where Rose would fit in there but I have not seen him play so no opinion on him.

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

Rose is really really good, scoring wise, I would say he's the best, overall I would go with Wolfe, he's all around in every way and gives a great effort, with Greer is court vision, good passer. Couch has got skill, and a nice shot. Synder from Fed Hock is overrated pretty much, his big games this year have came against teams that don't have size. Trimble's bigs shut him down and Swatzel from Eastern held him to 11 one game . When he plays somebody his size, he struggles.

Return to “Boys Basketball”