(1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

old bird
Freshman Team

Re: (1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

Post by old bird »

If Southern plays defense I see them taking this one by 11. I'm not knocking Southerns D effort just that the last team SW played didn't play defense and therefore 75 points. I know Cook is back but it seems SW plays a little slower game and I feel Southern can out score them with a little D. That's my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Its been a while since my bookie days but I'd put my bread on the Jeeps with a 5 spread. Even if the snowplow shows up.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

I think this will be a great game! Size advantage inside for Southern! Jeeps will have their work cut out for them. Cook will get his points but the Jeeps will need someone else to step up and help score in this game!! #8 seed over a #1 seed has happened once already!!!!

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Willy Cheatem wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:bbjunky: couldn't have been said any better. Don't think anybody is slighting Southern at all...just pointing out that the favorite Southern has a much more difficult game to reach the Convo than most D4 #1 seeds typically do.*
I agree with you both. This game will be more like the dreaded #4/#5 games. Plus, you have to respect any school that has a custom painted snow plow!

Just heard Scotty Dale's crew may have the game. Was told they are also the ones who painted the plow in the picture. With that news I'm taking the Does in this one. :mrgreen:
Is this picture real or did someone photoshop it? Cheesiest thing I have seen in awhile.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

meatswinger wrote:Is this picture real or did someone photoshop it? Cheesiest thing I have seen in awhile.
It is on their school website...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I thought Webster had a chance until I saw the snow plow! If I was Southern, I would park that thing right at the entrance of Meigs High School tomorrow night. Respect.*

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

I'll be bringing the rowdy gang up to this one... might even bring my own snow plow for the drive back! Heard it was snowing up that way but a friend of mine said no matter what you can always see plenty of grass in meigs county. go soc

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

This will be an absolute brawl! Pulling for the Jeeps but worried they might be "out Foxed" in this one. Anything can happen... SW by 2.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

I agree with BBW, gonna be a brawl tonight at Meigs High School. I'd like to see the refs let them play and decide this one on the floor, it would be a shame to see them try to manipulate this one. Probably the best 1/8 game we've seen in years at the D4 level, good luck to both teams.

Southern 48
SW 40

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Them boys down at Toms says them Racine boys is still mad bout sherrin that title so theys gonna take it out in this here game. I say Racine 70 and them Bloomvern boys 45.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Don KeyPunch wrote:I'll be bringing the rowdy gang up to this one... might even bring my own snow plow for the drive back! Heard it was snowing up that way but a friend of mine said no matter what you can always see plenty of grass in meigs county. go soc
Was just on my way home and must have ran into Don KP and his plow lol

tigerSTRIPEZzz
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerSTRIPEZzz »

First off WOW to Blunt Pirate's post. Smoke another one bro! Now to more important matters... I have to agree with Brian Griffin, Racine will be the team at the Convo next week. BBW is right about the Jeeps getting ""out Foxed"". The kid is having a great year and will no doubt be Racine's point and board leader.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

agreed tiger... the Foxx kid is a great player for the twisters. tough physical kid, what you would expect for a racine kid no doubt. he will carry the load along with the twin towers down under with the loss of a good guard in mcknuckle. he could really shoot the ball well. who will step up in that role for racine. webster is always tough, kids know how to win out there. excited to see who "brings it" this evening. btw nice picture of snow plow bike, probably was sold in meigs county, capital of the 2cycle powered weed eater bike

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The snow is over and the plows are all parked....time to play some ball! Jeeps by 6

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

This is a matchup Racine can't be happy with. Getting a one seed and right off the bat having to play Webster. This game will be a close one with Racine pulling away at the end 55-61.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Game still on?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Southern up 23-22 at halftime....sounds like a good one!*

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

This game on the radio anywhere?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Triple double: not that I know of...I getting my updates via Facebook. Was hoping an athens station was carrying it but can't find any*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

South Webster up 31-26 in 3rd.*

Return to “Boys Basketball”