12/7 Meigs @ River Valley

tortilla2
Waterboy

12/7 Meigs @ River Valley

Post by tortilla2 »

Meigs coming off a tough loss to Warren. Any thoughts? Id say Meigs runs away with this one. No one to stop Sheets.

BlizzardMan
S

Re: 12/7 Meigs @ River Valley

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs will pull this one out by about 15 points or so, but I will say this don't sleep on RV. They are young and not very deep now, but I'd say they will be on the rise all season. They will be a much better team by the end of the season. They have talent, but they depend on so many young players. I truly believe RV is a couple of years away from being a good team. That doesn't help them tonight, but these players just need to put in the work everyday. This program should have already been a competitive team but they have had setbacks, such as quality kids not playing and giving up on their last coach too soon. They should not make that mistake again with Quinn because I feel he has a good system in which he keeps players fresh. Like I said, this year will be rough but I think they will be a much better team by the end of the season as well as much better next season.

If I had to guess a score tonight though,
Meigs 64
RV 47

I'd say Sheets goes off for a big game tonight. Also, look for Meigs to dominate the boards.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Meigs 20+

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

RV lost by 1, missed a last second shot that would have won it for them. RV looks really Good!!!!

Keep it up Raiders!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bballfool wrote:RV lost by 1, missed a last second shot that would have won it for them. RV looks really Good!!!!

Keep it up Raiders!!!
Although I predicted Meigs to win rather easily, this isn't that surprising. RV is pretty athletic and they have some shooters . This will allow them to be in some games that they are not favored in. However, let's bit get too crazy yet with the "RV looks really good". Meigs is not exactly a powerhouse team. It's definitely something to build on, but they should still be far from satisfied. I'm just saying I hope RV doesn't settle for losing anymore. They've done it too long. Stay on these boys and give them time to grow. Encourage them but do not coddle or sugar coat things for them and in due time , the more seasoned these youngsters become, the much better team they will be.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

I hadn't seen either team play this year, but he game was well worth the price of admission.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Final score?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Final score?

bballfool
Freshman Team