Piketon transfer

weavman
Waterboy

Piketon transfer

Post by weavman »

2 piketon kids (both potential starters) transfer. One to Eastern (pike) and one to western (pike). Piketon is going to be in for a long season.

I know this topic has been touched on plenty and is a sensitive subject but is it wrong for these parents an kids to jump ship to better their situation?? Or do they owe their school and community the loyalty to just stick it out??

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!!

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Piketon transfer

Post by art_vandelay »

2 questions: are you a Piketon fan? And if so, do you start these threads about kids " jumping ship" when they transfer to Piketon?

I've said it in the past and I'll say it again...most people against transfers become suspiciously quiet about the subject when it benefits their school*

weavman
Waterboy

Post by weavman »

Yes, I am from piketon. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I maybe should've worded the question different. I didn't mean for the term "jump ship" to be taken negatively. Personally I feel if a kid or parent has an opportunity to better their situation then I'm ok with it. I just know arguments can be made from both sides and I was just curious to here them.

weavman
Waterboy

Post by weavman »

But in all seriousness I am from piketon but not necessarily a fan. If they win 5 games this year or 25 games I'll still sleep the same!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

You do what's best for your family not sure school loyalty should play much of a factor in your decision.

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Piketon has taken plenty of kids from eastern in the past, mostly because of football. Now that eastern has football hopefully that will change

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Who were the two who transferred?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

When did they transfer and what grade are they in? Waverly lost 6 kids to Eastern last year as 8th graders. They are now Freshman.
Depending on when these two transferred and what grade they are in they may not be able to play this year or must sit the first half of the season.

weavman
Waterboy

Post by weavman »

1 going into 9th and 1 10th. I believe they both actually moved into the school district so I think they would be fine to play and not sit the first half. As far as when they moved I'm not sure exactly. 1 was before school started and the other shortly after.

6 kids moving transferring at the same time? That'll cause a stir!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If they moved into the district there's not a problem.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

jammer wrote:1 going into 9th and 1 10th. I believe they both actually moved into the school district so I think they would be fine to play and not sit the first half. As far as when they moved I'm not sure exactly. 1 was before school started and the other shortly after.

6 kids moving transferring at the same time? That'll cause a stir!!

If one potential starter was going to be a freshman it was going to be a long year anyways. Good class overall but I didn't see any varsity starters from day one on that team.

Good for the directions to get some transfers when it's usually Piketon that gets them

PullingGard
Waterboy

Post by PullingGard »

Just moving in district was the old rule, but now in order to not sit out 11 you have to give a good reason on why you had to move to the new school district when the parents have a conference with OHSAA.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

tigerfan88 wrote:Just moving in district was the old rule, but now in order to not sit out 11 you have to give a good reason on why you had to move to the new school district when the parents have a conference with OHSAA.
This should apply to the private schools as well but i am sure it doesn't.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

G.W.A. wrote:
tigerfan88 wrote:Just moving in district was the old rule, but now in order to not sit out 11 you have to give a good reason on why you had to move to the new school district when the parents have a conference with OHSAA.
This should apply to the private schools as well but i am sure it doesn't.
It does. I know because the private I follow received a transfer who had his custody changed to a non-family member because of his home life situation, but the new guardian was still in the same district he lived in and attended public schools in.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

One kid transferred due to family issues so lets make sure we are careful when we attempt to talk about kids. Kids leave for various reason. Its the nature of the beast. Good luck to both young men in the endeavors.

Return to “Boys Basketball”