2017-18 Season ... Who are the top teams in each league ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2017-18 Season ... Who are the top teams in each league ?

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Looking good. Logan has two matchups with top 4 teams to open the season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wait, we dropped from Night 1 to Night 2?! Boo! Lol

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

trojandave wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:04 pm I saw New Boston during the summer several times and I really feel that the Tigers can seriously challenge for the SOC I title. That division of the conference is going to be down as a whole, and NB has the size, guards, and some kids off the bench that should put together the best season in Tigertown in quite a while. While Eastern Pike is probably the favorite, New Boston has the potential to be the Eagles main challenger.
They must have been missing some pieces when we played them this summer at Clay. I know we ended up winning by over 30 and I believe it was 22 or 24-0 before they scored.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 pm Wait, we dropped from Night 1 to Night 2?! Boo! Lol

... LMAO ! I looked at what I posted a couple nights ago and smacked myself ! LOL ... didn't even play a game yet and teams are dropping and moving up the rankings LOL ... it was all on the committee of one - me for the mistake the other night ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 pm Wait, we dropped from Night 1 to Night 2?! Boo! Lol
daniC ! It's Swacks' fault ! I don't know whether he's coming or going ... staying here in the cold weather , headed for the beach ? the committee is just sooooooo confused ! tell that young man to stay put ! he's screwing up the committee of one ! LOL

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Did I miss something ? I had the Shermans at #4 so did you edit . I know late October nights in the Hocking hills are scary .LOL. Tanks should be a solid top 4. Good job ,looks great! Have you heard from Dog?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:08 pm Did I miss something ? I had the Shermans at #4 so did you edit . I know late October nights in the Hocking hills are scary .LOL. Tanks should be a solid top 4. Good job ,looks great! Have you heard from Dog?
T&f ... I had originally omitted VC from my top 4 ... they ARE/WERE my #3 - it WAS definitely a late, October night LOL ... No - 93dog has not weighed in on the top 8 without his Bulldogs ... when I post a little later tonight the Athens squad will make an appearance - I expect the Bulldogs to be one of those teams that will peak after Christmas - as they will need to find/trust there "go to" players who will have to take up the scoring vacancy that the graduation of Griffin Lutz leaves behind ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEastern Ohio - PreSeason

1. Fairland
2. Fairfield Union
3. Vinton County
4. Unioto
5. Oak Hill
6. Logan
7. Chillicothe
8. Waterford

... TreeHugger Wannabees ...

Athens
10 Sheridan
Eastern Pike
Gallia Academy
Warren
Wheelersburg
15 Paint Valley
Miami Trace
Zane Trace
Jackson
Fairfield Leesburg
20 Eastern Brown
Meigs
Peebles
Waverly
South Webster
25 Portsmouth
Belpre
Circleville
Logan Elm
Western Pike
30 Piketon
Greenfield McClain
South Point
Portsmouth Notre Dame

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly should be much higher on the list. Beat Jackson and Athens at the Jackson summer league. Better than wheelersburg eastern pike, paint valley zane trace. Played step for step with Vinton County and Unioto at the Unioto super shoot out with 2 starters missing. The good thing is they can prove it on the court. Open with Miami Trace, play Zane Trace and Wheelersburg and may see Eastern Pike in the holiday classic. Appreciate all of your hard work Pfloyd!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Dang, MEIGS is way down the list....I like being the surprise team. Definitely will end up in top 8 this year.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

In the 1st few weeks alone, Athens has matchups with 4 of the top 21 teams on P-Floyds Pre-Season Rankings. Starting with Gallic Academy away-This game will be The Season Opener on December 1st then Warren, Meigs and Logan all before Christmas...Then VC after the 1st of the Year. Going to be interesting to see how things shake-out as the year Progresses on PFloyds rankings...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ahhhhhhhhhh yesssssss ! the sounds of "disagreement" ! my life's purpose is nearly complete ... line the 72 teams up in some type of recognizable order that no 2 people will agree with - send the kids to bed and hide the dogs ! let the beatings begin ! - 2017-18 will be a very good edition of the Elite 8 Rankings ... less than 60 days until tip-off !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I will finish out the TreeHugger Wannabees in a day or so ... NO End Table Teams until after the season begins ! even the committee of one - me - has a heart albeit a purple one ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... please keep in mind that the pre-season rankings are ONLY a starting point for teams based on what they have returning - the pieces that are KNOWN anyway ... all teams have JV players/transfers who WILL make major contributions to TEAMS ... I always say that the rankings begin to take real shape after about the 3 week point of the regular season ... adjustments will be made early and often as I get out on the roads of Southern/Southeastern Ohio to give as many teams the "eye test"... last year I was able to see 54 of the 70+ teams - I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RANKINGS ARE IN FACT BASED ON KNOWLEDGE NOT HEARSAY ... I appreciate any and all feedback ! I always take it in consideration when ranking teams but I go mainly on personal knowledge and the eye's on tests I do myself ... HOWEVER over the many years that I have been doing the rankings I trust the input of some good friends from all around the SouthEast District to give me THEIR personal knowledge and insights ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: They are not on your list, but keep a close eye on the Coal Grove Hornets.......all 5 starters back, with a good PG in Aaron Music, they are D4, with Africentric, Wellington School, and Harvest Prep all moving up to D3. The Hornets will play the toughest schedule of any D4 school in the SE district, with Fairland, Gallia Academy, Portsmouth, Ironton, and South Point all twice. The D4 tournament should be wide open and CG just might make a run to the Final 4. I know that may be hard to believe, but it just may be reality come March.

Just a word about my Trojans....... SR Isaac Kelly (6-3, 200), SR Deonta Parker (5-10) will be two very important additions to the roster that includes 3 returning starters (DJ Eley, Reese Johnson, Daniel Jordan)......watch sophomore Matthew Fraulini (6-1). He will replace the scoring provided last year by Kendal Reynolds. MyQuel McKinley (6-3 JR), Daniel Lattimore(5-11 JR), and Gabe Gambill(6-5 SR) also will give good minutes. 17 wins last year, and definitely can at least match that this season. PHS will have more muscle and size than in the last few years.
Last edited by trojandave on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

trojandave: great point about Coal Grove. In a weak D4 this year, would not be surprised at all to see them in Regionals. Gotta think Berlin Hiland will be the new competition for SE Ohio D4 teams at Regionals, but they wont overwhelm our area teams athletically like Harvest Prep, Africentric and Wellington traditionally did in the past.*

valleysports
Waterboy

Post by valleysports »

oak hill easily wins soc 2

valleysports
Waterboy

Post by valleysports »

oak hill
burg
waverly
valley
minford
webster
west
northwest

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

How will Lucasville Valley be for the 2017-18 campaign ? the Indians were down last season, but if I'm not mistaken Crabs Brother I believe mentioned that the Indians were a year away or so - lots of young talent on the way ... has the young talent arrived for the upcoming varsity season ?

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Waterford vs. Fairland at the Big E Classic.
Preseason #1 vs #8

Return to “Boys Basketball”