Athens vs Gallia - season opener

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Athens vs Gallia - season opener

Post by VisionQuest »

Geronimo I have no Idea what your Mumbo Jumbo Means.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

History /

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Just like jottings from the 60's up spencer harrison big john price you name it just history he was the coach at OakHill/ say no more just win ! The young men are on board ! G0 luck !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If your talking to me and saying everything I know about this team.... I thought it was obvious I know nothing. If you read my post on breaking down the Gallia season and on this thread. You would see that I know absolutely nothing about this team except for what I saw last year and the 2 times I have saw them this year... I didn’t even know we had a transfer who may start until 2 days before the foundation game.

I don’t think it is misinformation it is what last 3 years I have seen from stands. I thought it was funny at foundation game. Don’t worry about people scouting from forums.. at foundation game Athens, meigs, Jackson and Point Pleasant both had at least 2 guys scouting.

The guys from Jackson set in front of me the guys from Point beside me. We talked football and I asked if they got what they wanted to see. They laughed and said yea this summer. We got nothing from tonight. I used to work with one of guys from Point. He actually threw out his note paper. And said we will go with summer notes and we will be here for opener. Because he showed nothing tonight.

I understand that a ton of people on this sight no more about basketball then me and what I say is my opinion it says it no where. I haven’t played basketball since 83 my boys wrestled in high school.. I started watching basketball again at high school level when my daughters started cheering like 6 or 7 years ago..

So trust me I know zero things that aren’t public knowledge... apparently I don’t even know what grades all our players are in. I thought kaden Thomas was in my daughters class that is why I thought he was a junior.. so if your stupid enough to game plan off me... you probably should be sitting or standing beside me on game nights not on the floor.... that makes my day if you were talking about me... I am just a fan doing what fans do.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

svac83 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 pm If your talking to me and saying everything I know about this team.... I thought it was obvious I know nothing. If you read my post on breaking down the Gallia season and on this thread. You would see that I know absolutely nothing about this team except for what I saw last year and the 2 times I have saw them this year... I didn’t even know we had a transfer who may start until 2 days before the foundation game.

I don’t think it is misinformation it is what last 3 years I have seen from stands. I thought it was funny at foundation game. Don’t worry about people scouting from forums.. at foundation game Athens, meigs, Jackson and Point Pleasant both had at least 2 guys scouting.

The guys from Jackson set in front of me the guys from Point beside me. We talked football and I asked if they got what they wanted to see. They laughed and said yea this summer. We got nothing from tonight. I used to work with one of guys from Point. He actually threw out his note paper. And said we will go with summer notes and we will be here for opener. Because he showed nothing tonight.

I understand that a ton of people on this sight no more about basketball then me and what I say is my opinion it says it no where. I haven’t played basketball since 83 my boys wrestled in high school.. I started watching basketball again at high school level when my daughters started cheering like 6 or 7 years ago..

So trust me I know zero things that aren’t public knowledge... apparently I don’t even know what grades all our players are in. I thought kaden Thomas was in my daughters class that is why I thought he was a junior.. so if your stupid enough to game plan off me... you probably should be sitting or standing beside me on game nights not on the floor.... that makes my day if you were talking about me... I am just a fan doing what fans do.
Easy Now Killer. Just a little sarcasm aimed at Geronimos earlier post. The one where he says he doesn't know why people get on here and give out all the info on a Team they want to win. The strengths and weaknesses. As if any Coach is actively scouting these Forums and writing up Game Plans about what you Observe. It's Funny really.

River runner
Waterboy

Post by River runner »

This is a fun site to post on , to
Predict and to arm chair quarterback a little. That being said it doesn’t matter a whole lot what anyone says. I doubt any coach checks out posts and devises game plans from what anyone says here and if they do they are kind of sad and should be fired for being stupid. So It really doesn’t matter that a fan gives his or her complete scouting report on their team the way they see it. Good luck to both teams tonight. Gallipolis fans get on your feet and cheer and yell and holler and get excited your players will thank you for it. The GAHS gym won’t be a tough place to play for a opponent unless you help it make it that way. In short don’t show up to just talk to your friends do that and cheer on your team.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

River runner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 am This is a fun site to post on , to
Predict and to arm chair quarterback a little. That being said it doesn’t matter a whole lot what anyone says. I doubt any coach checks out posts and devises game plans from what anyone says here and if they do they are kind of sad and should be fired for being stupid. So It really doesn’t matter that a fan gives his or her complete scouting report on their team the way they see it. Good luck to both teams tonight. Gallipolis fans get on your feet and cheer and yell and holler and get excited your players will thank you for it. The GAHS gym won’t be a tough place to play for a opponent unless you help it make it that way. In short don’t show up to just talk to your friends do that and cheer on your team.
100% agree!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

River runner wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 am This is a fun site to post on , to
I agree 100% with this about Gallia fans part of they become a factor would be helpful. and I took know offense by any post.. just being sarcastic about how ridiculous it was.

The only thing I think a fan can post on here a fan could learn from would maybe be a injury or a kid’s suspension or something... even though you could find that on Facebook or a kids Instagram... or a twitter account.

Good luck to both teams tonight. Pray for no injuries hopefully Devils play well...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good luck GAHS

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Go Blue! Behind you always !

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Wonder what time Varsity will get started. I heard there is a Freshman game at 5 then JV, then Varsity

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My guess would be 720 to 740 but we had several triple headers last year that varsity didn’t start until 810 or 815. One of the biggest things will be if freshmen actually start at 5 a lot of times. Either with ref and teams and warmups they may not start freshmen game on time. But I don’t know what time school lets out in Athens either.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

svac83 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:48 pm My guess would be 720 to 740 but we had several triple headers last year that varsity didn’t start until 810 or 815. One of the biggest things will be if freshmen actually start at 5 a lot of times. Either with ref and teams and warmups they may not start freshmen game on time. But I don’t know what time school lets out in Athens either.
Seems like a lot of the Athens games at home usually get started around 8 or a little after. Just depends I guess.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

VisionQuest wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:04 pm
svac83 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:48 pm My guess would be 720 to 740 but we had several triple headers last year that varsity didn’t start until 810 or 815. One of the biggest things will be if freshmen actually start at 5 a lot of times. Either with ref and teams and warmups they may not start freshmen game on time. But I don’t know what time school lets out in Athens either.
Seems like a lot of the Athens games at home usually get started around 8 or a little after. Just depends I guess.
Well you never know one night last year I got there at 453 and the opposing schools bus pulled in behind me. One night we had 67 fouls in a JV game I think varsity tipped at like 845...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

WoW is all I can say. I would pay to watch these teams play 10 more times. The outcome would not be the same. I think these teams are pretty similar... I just made a long post and my phone did something with it... but man what a physical effort by 2 teams

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Score??

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Gallia 56, Athens 32

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wow. I was very wrong. Congrats to Gallia Academy

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 pm Wow. I was very wrong. Congrats to Gallia Academy
I was wrong on the Meigs/Jackson

But knew Athens was getting too much hype. Gallipolis is a tough team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 pm Wow. I was very wrong. Congrats to Gallia Academy
I was wrong on the Meigs/Jackson

But knew Athens was getting too much hype. Gallipolis is a tough team.
What makes it worse is Peck didn't even play.

Return to “Boys Basketball”