Warren vs Belpre 12/19

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Warren vs Belpre 12/19

Post by WarriorBlue »

This Washington County rivalry game 2017 edition will take place at Belpre in the
Eagles 🦅 Nest Tuesday evening.
The Blane Maddox coached Warriors after a season opening loss to Morgan HS in the WarriorDome have reeled of 3 strait dominate wins over Athens, Meigs and Fort Frye.
The Warriors led by 6’5” Josh Huffman and 6’1” Jared Hall just have too much firepower for the Belpre Eagles. Add in Troy Huck’s unbelievably athleticism and the range of young weapons the Warriors can bring in off the bench spells disaster for the Golden Eagles 🦅
Brandon Simonette the 5’10” Sophomore SG for Belpre is definitely a talent but the Warriors defense won’t allow the talented Belpre Sophomore many open looks.
The main huge advantage for Warren is the quality coaching staff for the BIG BAD BLUE. Last week Coach Maddox picked up his 300th win all for Warren Warriors in this his 19th season at the helm of the St Rt #339 school.
I look for this one to be over by halftime. JV kids playing most of the 2nd half.
I miss when this game used to be competitive. Even with the disparity in size until recently Belpre has more than held their own in this cross country matchup. As recently as 2010 & 2011 this game was a war.

Warren 76
Belpre 42

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren vs Belpre 12/19

Post by Picket Fence »

I can foresee Belpre having a lot of trouble with Warren’s pressure. Belpre just isn’t there yet. Warren on a different level. Huffman is hungry and it seems like the warriors are playing with a sense of urgency the last three games. I hope it’s a better game than what I anticipate.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Going to be one I’m going to miss. Just not into lopsided matchups against inferior opponents. I️ understand why the game is played, it’s just not the same as it used to be though.

Picket Fence
Riding the Bench

Post by Picket Fence »

I agree. I’m missing it as well. However, we’ll really see what Warren is made of for three consecutive matchups against Morgan (dec 23rd), Parkersburg (Dec 28th), and Meadowbrook (Jan 2nd). Actually, after BHS they have a rough nine game stretch. I’d say during that stretch the best case scenario, they go 7-2. Worst case 4-5. Btw Meadowbrook (watched against Marietta) is nasty and PHS (watched against Huntington) is physical and top loaded.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Warren’s schedule also includes New Philly on Sat. Dec 30th at Marietta college, during that stretch.

Old man
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Good to see a team with a lot of games over the Holiday break. Keeps things from getting monotonous.

This game won't be close though, still is a time for Coach Maddox to tinker during game situations, which will only help them down the stretch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”