NY @ Trimble 1/20

VisionQuest
All State

NY @ Trimble 1/20

Post by VisionQuest »

Final was 53-40 Trimble. In the 1st meeting NY was down by double digits and clawed their way back and played well and won by 2. Curious what happened this 2nd time around. Never really got an update.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Re: NY @ Trimble 1/20

Post by therealNY »

Randy Hixson is what happened! NY just couldn't keep up with him. NY actually outscored Trimble in the 2nd half but NY's intensity wasn't there. I am not sure what is going on but they are not playing well at all. Have seen some line up changes as well, so that might be part of it. I think NY is more talented overall but not that night.

If you ain't first, you're last!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm Randy Hixson is what happened! NY just couldn't keep up with him. NY actually outscored Trimble in the 2nd half but NY's intensity wasn't there. I am not sure what is going on but they are not playing well at all. Have seen some line up changes as well, so that might be part of it. I think NY is more talented overall but not that night.
Yea I heard Hixson got his 1,000 that night. I'm sure he was Hungry. Hopefully NY gets things turned around, they started out Hot it seemed out of the gate, just can't seem to get any consistency. I'm figuring the coach is new and trying to bring some new thinking and energy, maybe some aren't Receptive??

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Yea, you can't coach intensity, either they kids want it or they don't. Some think he is pushing them too much. There is ZERO excitement in that locker room or on the court. And yet again, they get beat by Alex, and have practice at 10:00am on Saturday (next day) and then play again Saturday night.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm Yea, you can't coach intensity, either they kids want it or they don't. Some think he is pushing them too much. There is ZERO excitement in that locker room or on the court. And yet again, they get beat by Alex, and have practice at 10:00am on Saturday (next day) and then play again Saturday night.
Tread lightly realny. You can't talk about those things on here. Someone's feelings may get hurt. Here at Preps you have to Sugarcoat everything and bury your head in the sand, that way these things don't exist, it's the New Millenial way. I figure I will probably be banned soon for calling it how I see it. So nice knowing you All.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm Yea, you can't coach intensity, either they kids want it or they don't. Some think he is pushing them too much. There is ZERO excitement in that locker room or on the court. And yet again, they get beat by Alex, and have practice at 10:00am on Saturday (next day) and then play again Saturday night.
oh wah! They're teenagers, they recover quickly! Say practice ended at noon and varsity game started at what, 7:30? That's 7.5 hours to recover!

Back in the day if we lost we got pushed/coached harder! Now days when teams lose it's because they're "being pushed too much." What a joke!

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

I don’t think It’s about recovery. It’s about wanting to be there. Point is you have to get the fun aspect back. Forcing them to practice more and more doesn’t work. And NY is proof. Period.

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm I don’t think It’s about recovery. It’s about wanting to be there. Point is you have to get the fun aspect back. Forcing them to practice more and more doesn’t work. And NY is proof. Period.
Let's face it. NY is a football school. Everything else is pastime until August. :mrgreen:

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Tread lightly realny. You can't talk about those things on here. Someone's feelings may get hurt. Here at Preps you have to Sugarcoat everything and bury your head in the sand, that way these things don't exist, it's the New Millenial way. I figure I will probably be banned soon for calling it how I see it. So nice knowing you All.
Yea, and don't ever mention AAU coaches or a dad coaching a team. That will get a topic locked so fast your head will spin. :lol:

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Orestes' wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 pm
therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm I don’t think It’s about recovery. It’s about wanting to be there. Point is you have to get the fun aspect back. Forcing them to practice more and more doesn’t work. And NY is proof. Period.
Let's face it. NY is a football school. Everything else is pastime until August. :mrgreen:
#TRUTH

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 pm
Orestes' wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:16 pm
#TRUTH
It appears RealNY is correct because alot of the kids don't want to be there. But loosing will do that.
Oh yea, the game: Howie packed in the D. Justice put his best kid in the paint. NY launched 22 footers at a 20% clip all night & turned it over / played lazy D. Justice let them shoot all night. Howie smiled. Hixon was on fire.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Y'all hired a coach who ran away from Fed Hock instead of trying to see it through, so get ready for another new coach soon!

They got off to a hot start because they played the worst team in Ross County to open the season and then an injury depleted Vinton County team. Just wait until the next matchup with the Vikings, when your coach is running out onto the floor to try and coach his players.

One thing though, are they full practices at 10am or are they shootarounds? If kids can't handle a shootaround, I'm not sure how they could handle being in a real program.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

HamPorter wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm Y'all hired a coach who ran away from Fed Hock instead of trying to see it through, so get ready for another new coach soon!

They got off to a hot start because they played the worst team in Ross County to open the season and then an injury depleted Vinton County team. Just wait until the next matchup with the Vikings, when your coach is running out onto the floor to try and coach his players.

One thing though, are they full practices at 10am or are they shootarounds? If kids can't handle a shootaround, I'm not sure how they could handle being in a real program.
It depends on the 10:00AM and what they do, I don't think its a physical demand issue - I think its we need a break from the coach/ball lol...but that's my .02.

As for leaving Fed Hock, many coaches come and go, don't know what his circumstances are/were.

Trump2020
Riding the Bench

Post by Trump2020 »

Get ready because that lack of intensity is going to become the norm in a couple years....The snowflakes are going to take over. Good thing this won't happen in football with Coach Richards, he won't allow it!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

You have to ask yourself in the end. Is this fun? Am I really getting any enjoyment out of this with all the hard work I am putting in? At the end of the day those answers should decide if you want to Carry on.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Fun left Buchtel a long time ago.

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

therealNY wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm Fun left Buchtel a long time ago.
Is it football season yet? :mrgreen:

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

Trump2020 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 pm Get ready because that lack of intensity is going to become the norm in a couple years....The snowflakes are going to take over. Good thing this won't happen in football with Coach Richards, he won't allow it!
Oh it happened. They were just talented enough to overcome it.

“Do you want to see bofa?”

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Deez Nutz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 pm
Trump2020 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 pm Get ready because that lack of intensity is going to become the norm in a couple years....The snowflakes are going to take over. Good thing this won't happen in football with Coach Richards, he won't allow it!

negative...dont be hating bc you are jealous of NY and their football ;)

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

therealNY wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 pm
Deez Nutz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 pm

negative...dont be hating bc you are jealous of NY and their football ;)
No hating, just a realist. ;)

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”