Waterford Wildcats

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Waterford Wildcats

Post by Lovebball42 »

What’s going on with Waterford? Lose to Eastern and barely beat federal hocking, but then lose to Grandview Heights at buzzer and beat Alexander? Doesn’t make much sense

TVC
Varsity

Re: Waterford Wildcats

Post by TVC »

Lovebball42 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:35 am What’s going on with Waterford? Lose to Eastern and barely beat federal hocking, but then lose to Grandview Heights at buzzer and beat Alexander? Doesn’t make much sense
Just a normal TVC Hocking team. Could beat anybody or get beat by anybody on any given night.

Downtown23
Waterboy

Post by Downtown23 »

Eastern 31 times to the foul line, Waterford 7.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Downtown23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 am Eastern 31 times to the foul line, Waterford 7.
Notice it's win at home, lose on the road. That can't be overstated.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I believe both these teams vote against an assigner.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

fortdawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am I believe both these teams vote against an assigner.

Yes you are correct. Neither of those teams, and several in the Hocking as well as Meigs in the Ohio refuse to entertain the idea of an assigner. Many excuses given, but it's clear in the Hocking that those teams win a lot of games at home that are head scratchers. :mrgreen:

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Downtown23 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 am Eastern 31 times to the foul line, Waterford 7.
Watched this one and Waterford was fouling like crazy. They seemed out of shape and tired. Surprised more fouls weren’t called

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Deez Nutz wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 pm
fortdawg wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 am I believe both these teams vote against an assigner.

Yes you are correct. Neither of those teams, and several in the Hocking as well as Meigs in the Ohio refuse to entertain the idea of an assigner. Many excuses given, but it's clear in the Hocking that those teams win a lot of games at home that are head scratchers. :mrgreen:
Belpre uses an assigner

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm

Belpre uses an assigner
Yes, and where do most of their officials come from? Do they do games at other Hocking schools?

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Deez Nutz wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Belpre uses an assigner
Yes, and where do most of their officials come from? Do they do games at other Hocking schools?
Visiting teams don't get any favors at Belpre either. To answer your question, at least from my experience, I've never seen an official do a game there that I've seen anywhere else. And I've seen a lot of games there over the years. I do know some officials who have tried to get games there in various sports, but they won't hire them.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It should be pointed out that The Wildcats went about 3 weeks without a game.

Occasionally, people talk about our high school joining The TVC, but I hear enough stories like this about The TVC, that I really don't see the attraction. Even if The PVC would suspend operations, The OVAC is a well run conference I would prefer to remain a part of.

Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

efarns wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

Occasionally, people talk about our high school joining The TVC, but I hear enough stories like this about The TVC, that I really don't see the attraction. Even if The PVC would suspend operations, The OVAC is a well run conference I would prefer to remain a part of.
That nonsense only happens in the Hocking Division, and at Meigs. Maybe if you come into the league you can be another vote for the 21st century idea of having a league assigner? That just might be enough to force the Meigs County gang and a few outliers like Wateford to get on board with it. :mrgreen:

Kendog029
Freshman Team

Post by Kendog029 »

Losing Lang hurt them. They learned a new offense to utilize him that they really can’t use now. They are also missing Harris at PG. If those 2 players were playing this team would be cruising through hocking right now. But those are the breaks. Not making excuses for them just speaking my personal opinion.

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

I expect them to be ready come tournament time, those kids have played in big games so wouldn’t be counting them out just yet

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Belpre uses an assigner
In my experience they don't work at other TVC schools. Several years ago when Ken Cox was the AD I contacted him about doing games at Belpre and he told me then that they have a group of officials who are assigned by an outside entity so I would have to contact that person. Many if not all of their officials at that time were from or near Parkersburg as was the "assigner." I talked to that person and was told that he could get me games at the Wood County schools if I had a WVSSAC license, which I did not, but that Belpre was very selective and doubted that he could get me games there. Waterford used, and probably still does, several officials from WV at that time as well. However, I have done games at Waterford, so they must not be as "selective."

Sportsfan3218
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan3218 »

Losing Wyatt Lang and Cody Harris for the season has hurt them in ways and agree if they had them the Hocking division would already be wrapped up and wouldn’t lose but they don’t and players that are left have stepped up and battled. As for officials they all have done girls or boys regional and state level games in the ohsaa tournaments in the past few years. So saying Waterford don’t get good officials is wrong. Coach Simms just doesn’t have problem getting officials from Columbus and down south and all over the state for that matter. He has even hand Cleveland crews come down and do games. He just prefers to have officials that will call games like they will be called later on in tournament to get his players ready for that style of game.

sportsfan13
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan13 »

Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Belpre uses an assigner
Visiting teams don't get any favors at Belpre either. To answer your question, at least from my experience, I've never seen an official do a game there that I've seen anywhere else. And I've seen a lot of games there over the years. I do know some officials who have tried to get games there in various sports, but they won't hire them.
Belpre doesn't even get any favors on their home court. C'mon now. :lol:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

What happened to Lang and Harris? Will they be back before tournament time?

Hoping for speedy recoveries for the two young men.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

sportsfan13 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 am
Jim Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Belpre doesn't even get any favors on their home court. C'mon now. :lol:
I'm glad you added the "laughing" emoji at the end of your post, cause that is a laugher. :lol:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Deez Nutz wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:17 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

That nonsense only happens in the Hocking Division, and at Meigs. Maybe if you come into the league you can be another vote for the 21st century idea of having a league assigner? That just might be enough to force the Meigs County gang and a few outliers like Wateford to get on board with it. :mrgreen:
We're already in a bigger league with an assigner, as well as an end of season tournament to determine a league champion in most sports. Keep begging, though. It's so nice of you to think of us.

Return to “Boys Basketball”