BEST YOUNG COACHES?

AnkleBraces
Freshman Team

BEST YOUNG COACHES?

Post by AnkleBraces »

Who are some the best young varsity coaches around?

Any assistants/JV/freshman coaches ready to run an entire program?

Point blank
Freshman Team

Re: BEST YOUNG COACHES?

Post by Point blank »

Chad Coffman does a good job at SV and their Jv is good too.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Post by Point blank »

Dirk at Green is good

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Travis Wise a darn good coach at South Point. Zack Jenkins his assistant has the makings to run a program

outofbounds
Waterboy

Post by outofbounds »

I'm kind of biased but, I think the JV coach at Ports. West is pretty good to.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Connor Scott - varsity assistant at South Webster ... he did an outstanding job on the staff of Coach Huffer at Chillicothe ... has the makings of being an outstanding Varsity Head man imo ...

Eric Huffer - Chillicothe ... does a great job with the Cavs program from top to bottom ... the Cavs are in great hands now and in the future ...

John Helber - JV coach at Fairfield Union ... Coach Helber already has his years of experience as varsity head coach at Logan ... after being in the FU program under both Coach Eversole and Coach Goodyear ... Coach Helber has grown as a coach and is ready for his own program again ...

Coach Eversole at Fairfield Union ... outstanding coach, who himself is learning to be an even BETTER coach with Coach Goodyear "the elder" on the staff ... Coach Eversole has the tenacity , attention to detail, drive to continue FU's winning ways ...

Coach Evan Salyers - Fairland ... Evan was an outstanding player at Fairland ( 1000 point/500 rebound club member) ... has worked his way up to the assistant coaching position for Coach Speed of FHS ... a few more years under Coach Speed and Coach Salyers will be ready to take the reigns of his own program should he choose to go that route ...

... just few of the good ones out there Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach John Bruce at Unioto ... a few year more under Coach Matt Hoops & Co. and he will be ready to step into , build a program ...

Coach Adam Cox at New Boston ... the head coach at New Boston ... has turned the fortunes around at Glenwood High School ... he has brought excitement, stability to NB ... getting the kids in Tiger town to stay put, while getting those who are there ALL involved on the court - fun to see, wish him luck in continuing the turnaround of the NB sports culture ... lots of pride in the history of New Boston sports - now that history is being used to build promise for NB sports in the future ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure the age requirement here but 1st year coach Blake Kibler at Whiteoak has them competing most every game and are 8-9 against a pretty good schedule for a small D4 team. It’s been a program struggling to near .500 since the great Pat Hines left. Kibler (a player for Hines on Final 4 and Elite 8 teams) is 31 years old.

On other end of the spectrum Matt Carson of Lynchburg is about that same age and in about his 11th year. He’s seen a district final in his early 20’s for Fairfield and a Final 4 with Lynchburg before hitting 30.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Coach Max Morrow of Jackson ! what was I NOT thinking ?! ... saw your post I92 and smacked my head ! Jackson has one of the best around in Coach Morrow ... he learned the game playing for Coach Dustin Ford , Mac coaches the game the way he PLAYED the game ! tenacious defense, hard nosed - he expects the same from his players ... he's a keeper for the Ironmen !

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

The young coach from Ripley looks to be about 17. I watched him at Beaver as his team played Coach Barricks Eagles. He coached well enough to leave with the Win. Time will tell ,but; he looks like a keeper so far.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Evan Legg of Piketon

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

McKnight at Alexander girls last year was really good, and also Kyle Miller.

I think the area has a solid base of good young coaching talent, those were just some of the top of my head. Some have been more fortunate than others when it comes to landing spots or situations, while other have luckily fell into talent, I think most can figure out the difference.

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

Dirk! Go Cats. Anderson at Notre Dame

Adam Betten at Clay. Jason Claytor does a nice job on the girls side at West.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

A little more East but the PVC has a pair of outstanding young coaches. Coach Heninger (spelling?) at Fort Frye and Coach Crane at Caldwell. I think Heninger has been at Fort for 6 or 7 years and took over and maintained a really established program which couldn't be easy considering he followed a legend that he played for and who still coaches in the same district.
Crane came to Caldwell 8 years ago, my son was in junior high, and built something from absolutely nothing. Caldwell hadn't won a league game in something like 4 years prior. Since he's been here they won a league title for the first time since the 70's, made the finals of the OVAC tournament a few times, have been state ranked and someone at a game last week told me he's about to pass 100 wins. Hopefully these two guys are coaching against each other for years to come.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

mikepike wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:29 pm Evan Legg of Piketon
Has also been very fortunate to land a job the caliber of Piketon for his first gig and have tons of talent.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

I think Coach Vanderhoof does a really fine job at Coal Grove..Should make a deep run in the D4 tourney

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

outofbounds wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 pm I'm kind of biased but, I think the JV coach at Ports. West is pretty good to.
I’ve seen some of their games and heard things about him and what I’m getting is that he just isn’t in the game enough he don’t like to yell or argue with the refs even if the call is bad( Too shy I would say)

UkBlueCats
Waterboy

Post by UkBlueCats »

I have been to several ports West JV games and I believe the coach does a really nice job. The young man works hard for his school district. His team is really starting to play good basketball and he deserves much of that credit.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Best of luck to these young coaches. Hopefully something can be done to correct the issues parents have seemed to bring to the table for coaches. This issue seems far worse than ever before. I know these issues have caused some quality coaches to step aside and let someone else deal with it. There is a lot of young talented coaches in the area and I hope that they don't let these issues scare them away

Making offers you can't refuse
juicebox
Riding the Bench

Post by juicebox »

Im going to put a vote in for Joe Briggs at Wellston , he has done a great job in his short time there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”