Athens @ NY 2/2

VisionQuest
All State

Athens @ NY 2/2

Post by VisionQuest »

Athens looking for their 5th road win in a row. NY with a decent showing recently at Meigs. Could this be a Trap game for Athens? Athens needs this TVC-Ohio win going into the Showdown next Tuesday with another League leader in the Wellston Golden Rockets who knocked them off earlier in the year at Wellston in a thriller 62-61. Thoughts?

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens @ NY 2/2

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 pm Athens looking for their 5th road win in a row. NY with a decent showing recently at Meigs. Could this be a Trap game for Athens? Athens needs this TVC-Ohio win going into the Showdown next Tuesday with another League leader in the Wellston Golden Rockets who knocked them off earlier in the year at Wellston in a thriller 62-61. Thoughts?
Word on the street is NY had really good player quit early in the season and he is now allowed back on the team, so... :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Beat down

PowerLifitingNut
Riding the Bench

Post by PowerLifitingNut »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:34 pmBeat down
Just like in football. :mrgreen:

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

PowerLifitingNut wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 pm Athens looking for their 5th road win in a row. NY with a decent showing recently at Meigs. Could this be a Trap game for Athens? Athens needs this TVC-Ohio win going into the Showdown next Tuesday with another League leader in the Wellston Golden Rockets who knocked them off earlier in the year at Wellston in a thriller 62-61. Thoughts?
Word on the street is NY had really good player quit early in the season and he is now allowed back on the team, so... :mrgreen:
Now that's funny. And NY did not have a good showing at Meigs....Athens by however many they want. Football here yet?

If you ain't first, you're last!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Athens is playing too good of defense for NY to get a W in the one imo ... Coach Cozart felt good about the Athens D when I spoke with him last court side ... add to the defense the fact that the BIGS are the focal point of at the offensive end now as well - Butcher/Hynes/Chubb ... you have to respect the inside play of 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 BUT Butcher and Chubb can bother deliver the long range trey as well - the Bulldogs are in a good place right now as TEAM ... I see them continuing to get better heading toward the one and done season ... the post season is going to be GREAT ! ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens by 16

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

I’ll be cheering for NY for this one as much as I hate to say that but the road to TVC for VC goes through nelsonville

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

Athens big

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If NY's top scorer and rebounder is out (don't want to misspell his name), then I can't imagine this being close.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:33 am If NY's top scorer and rebounder is out (don't want to misspell his name), then I can't imagine this being close.
The Bucks played great for 2 quarters.
Down by 1 going into the 3rd they we're playing with passion.
They come out in the 3rd and go down by 7 or 8 and the wheels fell off.
A lack of mental toughness will kill a team every time out. The boys just can't play from behind.
Lots of growing pains until things get turned around.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Game was close for 2 quarters, NY played decent D and Athens played poorly. As always, NY gets down and they just quit. NO LEADERSHIP on the court or bench.

If you ain't first, you're last!
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Hey VisionQuest, told you Athens over Vinton and than over Jackson. If I wasn’t a carrot top and look like a fool in green and yellow I’d have you get me an Athens hat or T-shirt or something

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:12 am Hey VisionQuest, told you Athens over Vinton and than over Jackson. If I wasn’t a carrot top and look like a fool in green and yellow I’d have you get me an Athens hat or T-shirt or something
:lol: Forest Green and Vegas Gold looks good on Anybody... 8-)

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Amock0905 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 am I’ll be cheering for NY for this one as much as I hate to say that but the road to TVC for VC goes through nelsonville
And the road to the TVC can still go through NY for Athens. Another upset next week when NY travels to VC? Stranger things have happened. :mrgreen:

morehead state
Waterboy

Post by morehead state »

Five in a row for the Bulldogs. Athens is really fun to watch. The team concept and extra pass is really cool. Huge following tonight. Great fans on both sides. Hope the injured player heals soon for playoff run.

Return to “Boys Basketball”