Feb 3rd oak hill @ coal grove

Pirate84
Waterboy

Re: Feb 3rd oak hill @ coal grove

Post by Pirate84 »

ANYTHINGGOES1332 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm
Pirate84 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 pm ∆∆ would like to see a film of game..sounds like it was a good one...was only stating what you commented about that fans can be biased. Obviously everyone has differing opinions on some things. I believe both teams are very good & will make deep runs in there respective divisions of the tournament
Of course, only a Pirate fan continues to bash Oak Hill. I try to go to surrounding school games when I have the weekend off. I chose this game because I felt it would be two great teams battling for the win and that's what it was. As for the officiating, I would have to agree with most comments. Not the best that I've seen this year. Officials are to remain neutral and call a good game. This seems to be a continuous problem anymore.

Both of these teams should do well in tournaments.
How is this comment considered "bashing Oak Hill"?? I also see very many gms...if u read my comments u would see that I believe officials "fraternizing with opponents should be a no-no". BTW only saw Wheelersburg play 1 gm all yr. Wish I could've saw this gm though

ANYTHINGGOES1332
Waterboy

Post by ANYTHINGGOES1332 »

Steve91 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:09 am Hey Anythinggoes, we did get Sam Angelo back from Symmes Valley. He has went to Coal Grove through elementary and left his Junior year to go to Symmes Valley. So, he just came back to his home school. I coached him at Coal Grove as a Freshman and He started for our varsity as a sophomore. Nice try bro!
Didn't know that. Main point is we all get move ins and that should be okay. We shouldn't be taking a win away from any team just because they have a move in.

Sopump33
Waterboy

Post by Sopump33 »

lol! How many of those kids actually live in OH..

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Year after year it seems like this site continues to go down hill. It amazes me what you’ll read on this site. As for the game, coal grove won and oak hill lost simple fact. Having been at this game I can say I’ve never saw a group of officials have a greater impact on a game. Some of calls were definetly head scratchers. I know people want to hate on the refs but as a great team that was undefeated like oak hill or any team that has aspirations of making a deep run you have to find ways to win games like that on the road and in hostile environment even with the Refs being as bad as they were. Coal grove fan can chuckle and laugh but true fans of the game can realize a fairly reffereed game and that my friends was not. Still at that Oak Hill had its chances to pull it out but late turnovers proved to costly for the Oaks to get the win. Both teams are great and should have great success in the tournament. Long being out for oak hill hurt them. They needed his length in that game for sure. Wish both good luck. Coal grove fans congrats on the win. Oak hill learn from the loss and get better. Win with class, Lose with class.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

There is no doubt Norm is good coach..Hes not special. He had many chances to make it to the state when at Chest but could never get by Barrick at the Burg..when Norm was loaded the year he played Zornes and Ironton. Ironton completely destroyed them.He was at Wilmington and had very little success. He basically won all his games in the OVC in a weak non basketball league with an out of league weak schedule

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

I would say the 700+ wins, Ohio high school hall of fame, and a state title does make him special. How many coaches in southern Ohio or in Ohio has that on their resume? I’m not gonna say he’s never been out coached or his team had bad nights but to try and take away his accomplishment as a bench boss is kinda laughable.

Sportsman
Riding the Bench

Post by Sportsman »

Getting older are you serious. I am a OVC Ironton guy and Norm dominated Ironton except for the year the Tigers made it to Columbus with its best team. Lost to Ironton in the Regionals by missing a last second 3. I was there . Ironton clearly more talent. Lost to Burg when they had several D/1 players as did Ironton. Has done an amazing job at Oak Hill.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Regular season weak league playing chest thumpers.

Show me the hardware!

Irish
Freshman Team

Post by Irish »

Congrats to Coach Vanderhoof and his team. They battled all night and were able to come out victorious at the end.

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Not slighting Norms accomplishments at all. Just saying that basketball in this part of the state is no where near that of northern ohio. It would have been tough to produce that kind of wins in a basketball area of ohio othervyhan southern ohio

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Hornets on a nice win

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Great win by the hornets . However , anyone trying to diminish norms accomplishments are just showing their lack of basketball IQ

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth Serum wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:17 pm Great win by the hornets . However , anyone trying to diminish norms accomplishments are just showing their lack of basketball IQ

... it's amazing how a good win by a good basketball team such as Coal Grove has been diminished by the posts of some of these folks who will be "gone" after a week or so ... "lack of basketball IQ" ? - to say the least ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I reread some these posts ... for some of these posters the only thing that comes to mind is from the Woody Hayes days at OSU " when you score a touchdown act like you've been there before" ... the "sign language" interpretation for some you posters is " take the win, CG got the W, move on to the next game " ...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Interesting thread, would definitely read it again.

I wish I could have made it to this game but had prior obligations. I am confident both of these teams will win the District title in their respective divisions.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

bhicks42 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:53 pm Any opinion on the no call where the OH player was over and back by at least two feet when they were down 2 with about 20 seconds left? I’m sure that’s on film. Apparently Norm doesn’t like losing to Coal Grove. He’s probably 45-1 against them now, I would guess. Oh and the finger in the chest after the game, I have it on video. It happenened!
Post it.

Rrroberts22
Waterboy

Post by Rrroberts22 »

There is absolutely no way that anyone can take away or diminish Norm's accomplishments. #2 in the state in wins speaks volumes. His passion and knowledge of the game is what separates him from others that only wish they could get 700+ wins. Good luck to Norm & the Oaks in the Sectionals & beyond. Good luck to the Grove too!

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

Congrats to the Grove on a huge win!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Hornets......I said before the season that Coal Grove had a very good chance to make a run to the regionals or state in D4. Their schedule is the toughest of any D4 school in the SE district, and they still have an excellent record to show for it. Oak Hill is still the favorite to make the regionals in D3, in fact this loss may make them focus just a little bit harder with the tournament just a few weeks away. Going undefeated is very difficult to do no matter how good you are.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

When a team is or was expecting an undefeated season expectations run high. A nice oak hill team was defeated by a nice Coalgrove team . This team from Dawson Bryant plays till the end and never gives up on anything. But whining about the officiating can go both ways . A great team beat a better team and that's a fact. Coalgrove shouldn't be disregarded by anyone this year . They lost to the #1 ranked team in there division from South Carolina in the Cherokee tournament, Fairland twice, and gallia once. . They're the real deal and you can bank on that.
#rollcoal

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio

Return to “Boys Basketball”