Possible POY in TVC

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Possible POY in TVC

Post by Poo Bear »

VC will win the TVC yet again . What's to discuss.
Yates or Speakman

For the other good players there is a first team all TVC .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Maxfield is the best two way player in the league but Speakman will probably be POTY

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm VC will win the TVC yet again . What's to discuss.
Yates or Speakman

For the other good players there is a first team all TVC .
Has VC already clinched the TVC-OHIO?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Who said they did ?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

So I just happen to be watching a discussion on Big Ten Player of The Year by announcers at halftime of OSU and Illinois. Their candidate is Bates-Diop because of what he does at both ends of the floor and what he is doing to get his teammates involved, hmmm-Kind of sounds like what Maxfield for Athens does every night. Sorry but you should be looking at everything when deciding this award it's not all about the Points.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 pm So I just happen to be watching a discussion on Big Ten Player of The Year by announcers at halftime of OSU and Illinois. Their candidate is Bates-Diop because of what he does at both ends of the floor and what he is doing to get his teammates involved, hmmm-Kind of sounds like what Maxfield for Athens does every night. Sorry but you should be looking at everything when deciding this award it's not all about the Points.
I was just watching that same thing. You forgot one crucial part of their discussion as well, which was team success.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 pm Who said they did ?
You act like they did. Odds are in their favor for sure, I will give them that.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens will probably win the league the next few years so VC can have poty this year

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ok give him the POY if it makes you feel better . Who cares . VC will hang another TVC banner and probably another trip to the convo. Yawn , business as usual

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 pm So I just happen to be watching a discussion on Big Ten Player of The Year by announcers at halftime of OSU and Illinois. Their candidate is Bates-Diop because of what he does at both ends of the floor and what he is doing to get his teammates involved, hmmm-Kind of sounds like what Maxfield for Athens does every night. Sorry but you should be looking at everything when deciding this award it's not all about the Points.
I was just watching that same thing. You forgot one crucial part of their discussion as well, which was team success.
Define success? Is 5 in a row on the road successful after an unexpected dismal start to the season. If they can win out the regular season and win 10 in a row is that successful? Everyone's ideas on success are different. We aren't talking about Team of the Year we are talking Player of the Year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VC lost its best basketball class possibly ever . Dealt with their best player missing games and several other key injuries and they're league champs . I would say that's success

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:10 pm VC lost its best basketball class possibly ever . Dealt with their best player missing games and several other key injuries and they're league champs . I would say that's success
Are you saying they have been declared League champs?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I'm saying they will be and I'm going all in that they'll win it all!
VC - league champs
Combs - COY
Yates / speak - POY

You heard it here first !

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

tvc_fan wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:27 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm 2009 - Greg Frost (Alex)
2010 - Corey Butcher (Athens)
2011 - Jack Hart (Alex)
2012 - Nigel Courts (Wellston)
2013 - Jordan Kidd (VC)
2014 - Ibi Watson (Athens)
2015 - Joe Burrow (Athens)
2016 - Griffin Lutz (Athens)
2017 - Griffin Lutz (Athens), Tristen Bartoe (VC)
just happy to see a Meigs kid in the mix this year...lol
Yeah, but I don’t think Baer has a chance being a sophomore and with Speakman and Yates being on the league leading team. Maybe next year for Baer.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Hixson
Or does anybody else have a chance?
I don't think so.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:08 pm
Define success? Is 5 in a row on the road successful after an unexpected dismal start to the season. If they can win out the regular season and win 10 in a row is that successful? Everyone's ideas on success are different. We aren't talking about Team of the Year we are talking Player of the Year.
Athens winning streak is contributed to the level of talent they are playing . They have lost to all the teams they should have a loss to and some they should not have . I thought they would split possibly with VC but the TVC is hard to figure out this year. Who ever win the TVC will have a front runner for POY. I agree it should be someone that is a more complete player . Points looks good , but who actually does more . Can anyone name a great defensive player thats won a Heisman? Good luck to all the PLAYERS!!!!!

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Truth&fiction wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:39 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Athens winning streak is contributed to the level of talent they are playing . They have lost to all the teams they should have a loss to and some they should not have . I thought they would split possibly with VC but the TVC is hard to figure out this year. Who ever win the TVC will have a front runner for POY. I agree it should be someone that is a more complete player . Points looks good , but who actually does more . Can anyone name a great defensive player thats won a Heisman? Good luck to all the PLAYERS!!!!!
Charles Woodson

morehead state
Waterboy

Post by morehead state »

Charlie Ward. FSU and NY Knicks

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

Vinton County will cut down the net tonight against NY nelsonville is Athens only hope for splitting the TVC naylan Yates/ Jake Speakman for TVC POY and Combs will have won another TVC championship

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Amock0905 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 am Vinton County will cut down the net tonight against NY nelsonville is Athens only hope for splitting the TVC naylan Yates/ Jake Speakman for TVC POY and Combs will have won another TVC championship
Uh no

Gotta win at wellston

Return to “Boys Basketball”