Where will Loveday sign????

Rebels on 3
All State

Where will Loveday sign????

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Where will class of 2020 7 footer Zack Loveday play at the next level?

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Where will Loveday sign????

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Probably end up @ Rio Grande. He needs to add a lot to his game besides height and rebounding to be a FACTOR in major college.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm Probably end up @ Rio Grande. He needs to add a lot to his game besides height and rebounding to be a FACTOR in major college.
I thought that a post like this was coming later on, not immediately lol

I’ll say Ohio State or Purdue. Purdue uses height the best in the country right now, so that’s where I would lean if I were him.

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Ohio state wants him,Wisky would be a good fit. Maybe?

G0 BuCKs
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

KY.BUCKEYE wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:44 pm Ohio state wants him,Wisky would be a good fit. Maybe?
Wisky's bigs shoot 3's all day long,game after game.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Marshall!!

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm Probably end up @ Rio Grande. He needs to add a lot to his game besides height and rebounding to be a FACTOR in major college.
Agree! Hope that he's able to do just that. Then I would hope that it would be the Buckeyes.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I think he’d be a great fit at Xavier, honestly.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WVU Wants him ! But my guess The Ohio State or Purdue !

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:36 pm WVU Wants him ! But my guess The Ohio State or Purdue !
Bobby would at least give him some playing time at WVU because he doesn't get the big time recruits but wins 20-25 games a year with TEAM play and the last few years has gone farther than Big-10 teams in the tourney. He will get lost in the shuffle at Ohio State and Purdue.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Don’t count Louisville out. His AAU team is the Louisville Magic so he’s spends a lot of time there. If I had to put money on it though I would say OSU.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I think cincinnati or xavier will be a good fit

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think he will be just fine wherever he goes. If you watch him play AAU ball. He shows a lot more of his natural talent then on the high school team.

In AAU. Coaches respect all his teammates so he doesn’t have all these junk defenses and stuff to deal with. I think we will have a really good idea where he us going if he stays enrolled at Gallia academy you can eliminate about half the offers that he has. Because I have heard a couple of his offers are dependent on him enrolling in a prep school.

I also know several schools have told him they would like to redshirt him.

I don’t know where he will go. Wherever he goes I think he will be a very nice college player at any level. Will he be able to take it beyond that who knows.

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

I agree with fanofsports...At this point the kids not a high level Div 1 4 or 5 star player....Maybe he can develop..Who knows..I do know this much. He's use to dominating high school kids down low from this area...A 6'7 or 6'8 Div 1 stud would school him down low..Just my opinion...I hope it makes it to the bigtime...we'll see

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Not sure where he'll sign but several Schools Div 1 Schools would sign him and take a chance on him because of his height... just to see if they can develop him...No loss to them.. Love to see him make it....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

So, it is a bad thing for Loveday to play really well in AAU? When he goes to college, he won’t be a team’s entire focus defensively like he will be a lot (if not all) of the time he has left at GA, so the AAU circuit is more like what he’ll deal with.

Goodman22
Waterboy

Post by Goodman22 »

I say he ends up playing at UCLA, heard he has been hanging out on the West Coast.

IF YOU AINT GOOD YOUR BAD ;) ;)
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Remember back in the summer reading that he was the #1 or #2 recruit in the 2020 class in the state of Ohio. If he is that highly rated I don't see him having any trouble playing big time college hoops.
D
@donaldtrump There might be a 6'8 kid somewhere that can dominate him in the post but I'd bet there are very few of them. Does he have work to do? Absolutely he does but what 16year old doesnt. At the level AAU he is playing if he wasn't holding his own you can bet he would no longer be playing in that program.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... obviously ANY 7 footer at the high school level will get the attention from folks at the NEXT level ( the adage put out there by Coach Red Auerbach: "you can't teach height" holds true) ... I only saw Loveday play a couple of times last year - vs Jackson at GAHS and in the Convo vs Fairfield Union ... in the Jackson matchup Loveday got 13 points (2 triples) - had Justin Peck not gotten 24/(20 points in the 2nd half) - a very undersized JHS would have beat GAHS at home ... vs FU Loveday had 4 points (2 in each half) ... I personally have not seen where Loveday has or can "take over/dominate" a game vs good "high school" competition ... with that said - it means absolutely nothing LOL ... he is a youngin' - a youngin' who happens to be 7+ feet tall ... He plays within the TEAM concept, the AAU circuit can do nothing but help Loveday developing that "one on one" attitude he needs - one that has him imposing his size/skills on the game ... so even though I personally did not see him "control/take over" a game at 7 foot + if anyone could/can HE has THAT potential ... he will need to grow into THAT attitude or mentality ... I look forward to seeing the big boy play MORE than 2 times during this upcoming season ! Gallia is at #2 in my rankings, GAHS comes to Logan to play my #1 Purple Boys on 12/28 ... before THAT match-up GAHS plays Ironton on 12/14 @ Ironton ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

pfloyd! I know its just a Foundation game and doesn't count, but Gallia Academy will be playing at Oak Hill on November 20th at 7:30 pm. Girls from GA will play the OH girls at 6:00 pm.

Return to “Boys Basketball”