Top Players in the Area

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Top Players in the Area

Post by allamericanironman »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:36 pm Loveday is the best recruit. Holden is mid major
His feet are in concrete he needs to get in there with coach Penrod and learn a thing or two lift with the big boys agility and plyometrics.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

The Blevins kid from South Webster is a nice player.

Sandman18
Waterboy

Post by Sandman18 »

Donaldson from Jackson is one of the better players in this area as well.. not on the same level as Myers, Loveday or Holden but still a top player

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Ater is finally using Holden in the right position. That’s why you are seeing big stats from him. He was always on the wing or playing guard position. He’s a beast in the post at this level which is where he feels comfortable. At the next level he will use his prior experience as I see him as a forward or guard.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Cam Evans for Zane Trace is pretty darn good! Only a junior

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Holden and Myers are next level in our area.

Loveday, Evans, Donaldson, Maughmer, Blevins, Miller, Riffle, and McCloskey all are standouts as well.

Lots of really good talent in the SE.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would think that Mason Darby and Chase Hammond from Oak Hill should be mentioned also.

Hardwork
Waterboy

Post by Hardwork »

Hardy from SG is a great player. I heard he’s averaging over 20 a game, 5 to 8 assists and 10 boards.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

My take is Lovejoy is the top junior in southern Ohio while Holden is the top senior. In my opinion there is no question that Lovejoy is better at this point in his junior year that Holden was at this point last year. (But I think Holden has really elevated his game this year.)

In my opinion Holden will be a good mid-major player. Lovejoy should go to a high-major program. It is yet to be seen if he will be a good high-major player.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:17 am My take is Lovejoy is the top junior in southern Ohio while Holden is the top senior. In my opinion there is no question that Lovejoy is better at this point in his junior year that Holden was at this point last year. (But I think Holden has really elevated his game this year.)

In my opinion Holden will be a good mid-major player. Lovejoy should go to a high-major program. It is yet to be seen if he will be a good high-major player.
Hypothetically Put love joy at Holden’s height and who would you start? You just can’t coach height and that’s lovejoys ticket. Having said that he will be a project at a high D1 while if he went the route of mid major he’d probably play right away. But comparing the two athleticism, Holden is far more athletic.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

If I had to choose right now, I was choose Holden. (Holden as a senior & Lovejoy as a junior) BUT if I had to choose between Lovejoy as a Junior and Holden at this time last year (both being the same size), I would pick Lovejoy. Lovejoy can shoot the 3 as a junior where Holden did not have a solid 3-Pt shot as a junior. Of course that is just me!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wait it's Loveday not Lovejoy. Lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I stand corrected! Thank You! Lol!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a few others that stood out as I watched teams so far - Leist/Miller for Eastern Pike ... Alex Humphrey/ Lane Brewster for Western Pike - excellent basketball players ... Cobe Marquez - Waverly is outstanding ... JK Kearns for Alexander ... Dillon Stewart - Washington CH ... Isaac Little for Unioto has found the grove and putting up numbers 15-20 ppg ... Alex Blanton for Piketon ... those are just some others who I didn't see mentioned who are excellent basketball players putting points on the board ...

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Great additions pfloyd. I agree with them all. Blanton and Miller and Brewster are all leading their teams as seniors should.MarQuez and Remington from Waverly go hand in hand. Been together since bitty ball. Made a great pair of guards to bring defensive pressure and run the offense. Gonna be hard to watch them graduate!

Return to “Boys Basketball”